I've been a UConn fan since 1980 and can't remember a UConn team only having 2 losses this late in the season | The Boneyard

I've been a UConn fan since 1980 and can't remember a UConn team only having 2 losses this late in the season

Reaction Score
I've been a UConn fan since 1980 and can't remember a UConn team only having 2 losses this late in the season. Have we had a better record through 22 games in any season?

Yup. And have won 35 of the last 39 games.... just a remarkable stretch of Husky Hoops... need to take a moment, reflect and smell the incredibly fresh air......

....doomed...

Reaction Score
I've been a UConn fan since 1980 and can't remember a UConn team only having 2 losses this late in the season. Have we had a better record through 22 games in any season?
Your memory is failing you. :)

2005-2006 team was 20-1 in the Week 14 poll. 22-1 in the Week 15 poll. 23-2 in the Week 16 poll.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
The 64-65 team had a regular season record of 23-2. The stars were Toby Kimball and Wes Bialosuknia. The losses were consecutive later in the season when those two were both out sick for one of them and the other (don’t remember which) missed the next. One loss was close to Holy Cross who they crushed when the team was healthy. The other to UVA. They lost in NCAA round 1 when they had to play a very good St Joe’s team led by then freakish 6’6” AA point guard Matt Goukas at what was basically a home game for them at the Palestra. Kimball set what i think is still a tournament record nuts 29 rebounds.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
200.gif

Reaction Score
This day in 2006 UConn was No. 1 at 20-1. Got to 22-1 before losing a second game.

This year's team is in very rare company
I think the schedule favored is this year as opposed to recent years.
Xavier bring short handed helped that could have been a loss . Are two toughest road games were them and Butler. and them .
We haven’t played Marquette
or Creighton on the road or Providence for that matter .
We played St Johns on a neutral site .
We were short handed so those road wins were big even if not over the top teams .
The 64-65 team had a regular season record of 23-2. The stars were Toby Kimball and Wes Bialosuknia. The losses were consecutive later in the season when those two were both out sick for one of them and the other (don’t remember which) missed the next. One loss was close to Holy Cross who they crushed when the team was healthy. The other to UVA. They lost in NCAA round 1 when they had to play a very good St Joe’s team led by then freakish 6’6” AA point guard Matt Goukas at what was basically a home game for them at the Palestra. Kimball set what i think is still a tournament record nuts 29 rebounds.
Playing NCAA games at hostile places was the norm.

Kimball was a great rebounder who averaged close to an amazing 20 a game
As great as he was he never approached the UConn record
of 24.4 per game by the legendary Art Quimby from New London Buckley HS . The most amazing record on the books 1954-55. My first year listing to UConn games .
His career average of 21 is also an amazing record .
He was recruited by Adolf Rupp but decided against Kentucky when they got caught in the point shaving scandal .

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I think the schedule favored is this year as opposed to recent years.
Xavier bring short handed helped that could have been a loss . Are two toughest road games were them and Butler. and them .
We haven’t played Marquette
or Creighton on the road or Providence for that matter .
We played St Johns on a neutral site .
We were short handed so those road wins were big even if not over the top teams .

Playing NCAA games at hostile places was the norm.

Kimball was a great rebounder who averaged close to an amazing 20 a game
As great as he was he never approached the UConn record
of 24.4 per game by the legendary Art Quimby from New London Buckley HS . The most amazing record on the books 1954-55. My first year listing to UConn games .
His career average of 21 is also an amazing record .
He was recruited by Adolf Rupp but decided against Kentucky when they got caught in the point shaving scandal .
Kimball was a good guy but played with sharp elbows He was 2 years ahead of me. My class include, Wes, Tom Penders, Holowaty next year Corley joined

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom