It's very interesting | The Boneyard

It's very interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The difference 5 points can make.

Besides being the deet that keeps the negative mosquitos off The Boneyard- it has also helped change the national perception of our program over the last weeks.

We are making the front page on ESPN and there is nothing negative about us for a change.
We are ranked and maybe moving up a few spots next week which helps keep our future commits solid and may help us reel in a big man or PG that we will desperately need next year (wouldn't mind the big man this year).
We are being mentioned by the talking heads and they are saying our coach is a hot commodity- so much so that they are predicting a move to the NBA at some point down the road (not happening but I love the praise- even JC never got those type comments-KO is just different I understand). This is also great as far as attracting top level kids to the program.
We could be 4-4- but we are not because we have Bazz. It is crazy to think we have an impact player similar to Kemba so shortly after he left to go pro. We are 8-0 because of him.

Sorry Freescooter, Sorry Quse fans, Sorry New Big Least teams-Sorry ACC- we have not gone anywhere and if anything have built some great momentum moving forward. As a UCONN fan could any of us predicted being in this spot the second season after losing our HOF coach?

Take a minute and feel good about this season so far- I know I am.

WE ARE DOOMED!

Reaction Score
KO and Shabazz can take this team far into March. Winning close games in Nov - Dec is great for rank, seed, and confidence. We need DD and boat to be more consistent and one of the big men to play better offensively. But I love this team!

Reaction Score
well, now I'm seeing the "how good is this UConn team" and the "is UConn overrated" articles because of the narrow margin of victories, meanwhile Duke gets a pass for going down to the wire with Vermont and ECU on their homecourt. the positive press is definitely in our favor(finally) though, and I really like Greenberg doing our games, he praises the hell outta KO and Bazz during games.

Reaction Score
At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what anyone says, as long as Daniel Hamilton, Prince Ali and one stellar big man (Dural Moore?) show up at Storrs eventually.

Reaction Score
The difference between a complete meltdown and us being a top 10 team has been very interesting. I hope it builds character as the season moves on- 2011 showed what you could do with good chemistry - I just hope our current lack of a functional front court gets resolved before March.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The difference between a complete meltdown and us being a top 10 team has been very interesting.

That's what having an All-American will do.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
well, now I'm seeing the "how good is this UConn team" and the "is UConn overrated" articles because of the narrow margin of victories, meanwhile Duke gets a pass for going down to the wire with Vermont and ECU on their homecourt. the positive press is definitely in our favor(finally) though, and I really like Greenberg doing our games, he praises the hell outta KO and Bazz during games.

So business as usual?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The difference between a complete meltdown and us being a top 10 team has been very interesting. I hope it builds character as the season moves on- 2011 showed what you could do with good chemistry - I just hope our current lack of a functional front court gets resolved before March.

Yah, it needs serious work. If we could get somewhere near our patch work 2011 front court, we'd be all set. Jury's still out though.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
Yah, it needs serious work. If we could get somewhere near our patch work 2011 front court, we'd be all set. Jury's still out though.

As maligned as he was/is, we don't have an Alex Oriakhi equivalent. I'd venture to say that Brimah is/will be better than Okwandu and Olander is a senior, but we're going to need Nolan to gain some confidence. He appears to have the tools, just needs to put it together.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
As maligned as he was/is, we don't have an Alex Oriakhi equivalent. I'd venture to say that Brimah is/will be better than Okwandu and Olander is a senior, but we're going to need Nolan to gain some confidence. He appears to have the tools, just needs to put it together.

Agreed. He had the bulk, which you don't see with our guys. Can't be underestimated. Also, Roscoe was a pretty good fill in at the 4. He played good D, had good energy, and boarded pretty well. Great role player.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
With Nolan it's all about the fouls. The game where he only had one foul he put up 8 pts and grabbed a couple of rebounds. The 8 points I'm happy with, but the 2 rebounds not as much. More time on the court will change these things. The zebras just have to get off his back for a change. Oddly enough, I've noticed Brimah creating a lot of contact which for whatever reason is not being called.

Reaction Score
I think AB just needs to learn to grab the ball. He is so block orientated he does not go up with the intention of "pulling the ball back down". Nolan I am a bit worried about- he has the build of Scoe but not the mindset. You just have to be hungry player when it comes to rebounds and go after it- part of his problem is he is not big enough to be in the right place at the right time- but size is not everything (sorry)- our guards put themselves in position to rebound the ball.

Reaction Score
I think his hands are fine, not great but not bad at all but as mentioned in another post (mcs or caw?) the natural flow of every part of the game isn't there for him. He isn't ready for the ball off the roll automatically and he doesn't read rebounds well yet so that makes it tougher to catch the ball. Hands aren't in the right spot, body isn't all kinds of variables....until he becomes instinctive during games he will look a little lost a times but he'll get there. The kid from KU Embiid has only played 3 years but his hands and instincts for the game are amazing - soccer and volleyball player helped him out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom