It's time to wait | The Boneyard

It's time to wait

Reaction Score
Time to wait:

So the season is now a week old. We have already exhausted major topics such as Anna deciding to leave. We have discussed possible upcoming match-ups. We have suggested to Geno who should be the starting five next year. The recruiting thread hasn't changed much. And, the transfer portal is getting larger every day.

It's nice to see that the players are getting a chance to be kids or young adults once again. They have sacrificed a year on containment for themselves, the team, the school but mainly for us the fans.

So now what?

Reinforcements arrive in Storrs in June. I'm sure that they will be so excited. The rest of the team will wonder back also when their time allows or is called for. Then the bonding starts. I have been watching UConn play since their first Final Four. This past years team was special. They did everything together. That doesn't happen at other places. I'm sure that the three ladies coming in along with Saylor will jell just like this seasons seven.

Year in and year out we are treated with watching the best basketball program in the country. We as fans can't go wrong. Kelly and Tennessee has their following. Dawn has established an awesome one in South Carolina. Kim basically owns the State of Texas. Even though it may seem that the gap is closing.

This coming year I believe will be more fun than the thrilling one that we had this past season. I honestly didn't think that Evina would be back. However, I did figure that Anna was leaving. If no other team moves are made and if we as fans can attend games come November I honestly think that all games are going to be sellouts.

I want to see team play live. Who wouldn't want to see a Paige lightening strike pass into the post. A Caroline 3-pointer from three feet beyond the arc. A Christyn wide eyed grin followed by a jump shop from the corner. An Aaliyah steal at mid-court then drive in for a layup. A Liv block going five rows up into the stands. All futuristic thoughts but all will be true.

The season can't start soon enough for me. Let the fans in. Let the kids play. Lets all have fun once again.

Reaction Score
7 weeks until the team is back on campus, so until then we won't have any news.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The off-season means we can open the board up to more off-topic threads. We usually use this time together to know one another better or to have some fun with some game threads. There’s also the WNBA and recruiting, although I bet it’s a lot less angst-ridden than in previous years.

Maybe we’ll do another LurkerDay. @Biff @JS what do you think?

Reaction Score
I particularly like the "roll-dribble" of AE. Not exceptionally fast but it sure avoids a travelling call.

Reaction Score
The off-season means we can open the board up to more off-topic threads. We usually use this time together to know one another better or to have some fun with some game threads. There’s also the WNBA and recruiting, although I bet it’s a lot less angst-ridden than in previous years.

Maybe we’ll do another LurkerDay. @Biff @JS what do you think?
Nan, has this board ever considered a Memorabilia Section to swap or sell?

Reaction Score
I want to see team play live. Who wouldn't want to see a Paige lightening strike pass into the post. A Caroline 3-pointer from three feet beyond the arc. A Christyn wide eyed grin followed by a jump shop from the corner. An Aaliyah steal at mid-court then drive in for a layup. A Liv block going five rows up into the stands. All futuristic thoughts but all will be true.
Not to mention Evina with one of her keen passes or velvety jump shots. And Nika gnatting the ball from an overeager point guard and skittering down the court with a resounding layup, followed by one of Paige's signature squeals and a Geno eye-roll. Yeah baby.

Reaction Score
Every year I seem to love the WNBA more and more, so at least we have that. It's not the same excitement as college basketball, but the quality of play is way better.

Reaction Score
anybody know if UConn is going to mandate covid vaccines for all students/staff............looks like they're going to do that at my daughters school......

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom