It's time again - let's see who you think will start! | The Boneyard

It's time again - let's see who you think will start!

Who will start this season?

• Aubrey Griffin

• Dorka Juhasz

• Aaliyah Edwards

• Nika Muhl

• Lou Lopez-Senechal

• Amari DeBerry

• Azzi Fudd

• Caroline Ducharme

• Ice Brady

• Ayanna Patterson

• Ines Bettencourt

Results are only viewable after voting.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So it's not quite the start of the season yet, but with Paige's injury and the addition of Ines, it seems like the roster is pretty much set for this coming season. So...

Given what we know as of right know, who do you think starts? Vote for as many as 5.

Keep in mind that this is not about who will get the most minutes, or who might be swapped in or out as the season progresses, but rather who you think starts our first game of the season. Have at it and let the debate begin!!

Also note, unless someone beats me to it, I will post another poll a week or so before game 1. And BTW, if you think this is dumb, feel free to just skip past and ignore it! ;)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Bonus questions:
Who is first off the bench?
Who do they come in for?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I am the 6th voter (of 6) who agrees Dorka, Edwards, Nika, Azzi and Caroline. Landslide

I will pick Aubrey 1st off the bench (assuming she is at full health) I think the freshman and newbies have a bit of a learning curve.

Reaction Score
So it's not quite the start of the season yet, but with Paige's injury and the addition of Ines, it seems like the roster is pretty much set for this coming season. So...

Given what we know as of right know, who do you think starts? Vote for as many as 5.

Keep in mind that this is not about who will get the most minutes, or who might be swapped in or out as the season progresses, but rather who you think starts our first game of the season. Have at it and let the debate begin!!

Also note, unless someone beats me to it, I will post another poll a week or so before game 1. And BTW, if you think this is dumb, feel free to just skip past and ignore it! ;)
Voters know Geno, until proven he tends to start the tried and true.\
Who do I want to start the exhibition games? Ice, Ayanna, Edwards, Fudd Caroline
First off the bench--my hope is Nika, Dorka, Ines or Lou.DeBerry in that order \
Which freshman will initially get the most minutes? (in order-) Ayanna, Ice, Ines, Lou

Thank you San Diego, Now ask---WHY?

Reaction Score
Oh.. I am the only one think Aubrey will start LOL .. (I assume she is 110% recovered)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Oh.. I am the only one think Aubrey will start LOL .. (I assume she is 110% recovered)
I think Geno see's her mostly as that defensive monster that can come in and change the intensity of the game. Players like that often benefit by being on the bench to see how the game is unfolding and then having the coach put her in specifically to deal with the hot hand on the opposing team.

Reaction Score
Great minds think alike—Dorka, Aaliyah, Azzi, Nika, and Caroline. We had the TASSK force, now we’ll have the DAANC team :p

Gotta feel for Aubrey. Had she not been injured, I believe she could’ve started last year provided her offensive game continued to progress. She looked like she was working on her shot and we all know Geno places a premium on defense and rebounding—two things Aubrey is known for. We have no idea what her offensive game looks like and what kind of shape she’ll be in (as in actual basketball game-ready shape, that is). Hopefully she’s 100% and can give opposing teams headaches like she did her first two seasons!

Reaction Score
I think Lou comes first for Nika. My reason for that is Nika is probably the lowest of the three starting guards and Lou may be the main backup for three positions (1-3) and come in pretty early.

I think Aubrey is most likely to be next. She could be the first off the bench of the "bigs" as the most experienced, and has the advantage that she could come in at the 3 as well, as could Ayanna but I'll give Aubrey the experience advantage. She probably comes in for Aaliyah for a couple of reasons. First at Ohio State as a starter Dorka generally played 30 minutes, pretty good for a 5, and compared to most bigs didn't get in that much foul trouble. Aaliyah might need a quicker hook and rest, or pick up fouls quicker, and she has lots of very talented competition for her position.

Reaction Score
I think if Amari is not the first big off the bench then we're in trouble. Despite her lack of playing time last year, she's still the most experienced sub we have available in the front court. I have high hopes for Yanna and Ice, but the best thing about freshmen is that they become sophomores.

Reaction Score
Who comes in first will most likely depend on who picks up 2 quick fouls. If nobody picks up 2 quick fouls, who comes in first, say at the 8-to-12 minute mark is a more interesting question depending on the game situation. Need a scorer? Maybe Lou. Need a defender? Maybe Aubrey. Need a big? Maybe Ice or Yanna.

Reaction Score
I would think Amari will sub in for Dorka mostly. I wonder how often we'll see Amari and Dorka in the game together.

Reaction Score
If she's as good as I think she is, I wouldn't be surprised to see Brady crack the starting five at some point during the season especially against bigger teams..........her foul line jump shot is a thing of beauty.......
Besides her physical attributes, I think she carries herself like “I got this”.
Knowing that there’s a huge learning curve and much hard work ahead.
Not a strut.
Just a natural, relaxed, within herself ready to compete glide.

Reaction Score
I am the 6th voter (of 6) who agrees Dorka, Edwards, Nika, Azzi and Caroline. Landslide

I will pick Aubrey 1st off the bench (assuming she is at full health) I think the freshman and newbies have a bit of a learning curve.
If Aubrey is the first off the bench, that will be a huge plus for this team.
I still am unsure how much she can/will contribute- first off will mean
she’s backkkkk…
HUGE

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
If Aubrey is the first off the bench, that will be a huge plus for this team.
I still am unsure how much she can/will contribute- first off will mean
she’s backkkkk…
HUGE
There was a quote from Geno that if the game was today, Aubrey would play

Reaction Score
When everything is working smoothly, first sub in becomes more predictable. I remember when the Celtics' first sub was always Sam Jones for Bill Sharman, and then K.C. Jones for Bob Cousy. Always. But unpredictable situations can dictate otherwise -- foul trouble, a slow start by a particular starter, the need for a particular defensive stopper on a fast-starting opponent, can create different roles for different scenarios. But add to that mix whoever emerges from pre-season workouts. There will be a lot of competition on this team, and Geno tends to reward those who earn it in practice. It could be a surprise. In this respect, subbing may be less a question of who is the most talented but who is the most hungry. (Echoes of "everybody eats"?)

Reaction Score
Ya know what I think is fun?

For years announcers have talked about UCONN's thin front line and lack of size....and they've been right. In 2019-our post game was Phee and Meghan Walker with a freshman ONO off the bench. This year we have 2019 Baylor size in our front court.

I mean:

6'5"-Dorka
6'5"-Amari
6'3"-Alliyah
6'3"-Ice
6'2"-Ayanna

That's a lot of size and a lot of versatility with size . On paper it looks ridiculous, I just hope it pans out during games. Big East teams are going to have an awful time with us in the post.

Reaction Score
Ya know what I think is fun?

For years announcers have talked about UCONN's thin front line and lack of size....and they've been right. In 2019-our post game was Phee and Meghan Walker with a freshman ONO off the bench. This year we have 2019 Baylor size in our front court.

I mean:

6'5"-Dorka
6'5"-Amari
6'3"-Alliyah
6'3"-Ice
6'2"-Ayanna

That's a lot of size and a lot of versatility with size . On paper it looks ridiculous, I just hope it pans out during games. Big East teams are going to have an awful time with us in the post.
And Aubrey at 6'2", Caroline at 6'2", Lou at 6'1"

We ain't little.

Reaction Score
Bonus questions:
Who is first off the bench?
Who do they come in for?
HELLO! = Nika gets two or three! fouls = so Azzi switches to PG. and Lou Lopez come
in as the shooting guard. Second choice is Patterson, if they need rebounding and
help under the basket. Alternate Choice is Aubrey, because she knows the system, etc. ,etc.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom