It's Official - Hassan Diarra wins 6POTY | The Boneyard

It's Official - Hassan Diarra wins 6POTY

Reaction Score
Such a unique 6th man. Generally the award goes to offensive spark plugs off the bench and sure Hass has done that on occasion but to go to a player who's primary job is come in and ferociously guard the ball is really impressive and a testament to the young man's work ethic.

Reaction Score
We are racking up the conference awards. Once these are all settled, does anyone know how this team ranks amongst the all time great UConn teams in terms of personal accolades?

Reaction Score
His improvement this season has been incredible and gives us so much depth in the backcourt. Big change from a few years ago when Cole was our only real ball handler

Reaction Score
Hassan made believers out of a lot of us. We would not be this good without him, he is maybe one of the most improved players in the conference from last year to this year, and is having himself an excellent season. A perfect fit on this team as the sixth man.

Reaction Score
I was hoping Alex would get Scholar-Athlete at the least. Has that been announced yet?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
His 3 point shooting reminds me of Giffey's senior year. Where did it come from? And like Giff, shows no sign of abating.

Reaction Score
It just goes to show that if you put in the work we can make a player out of you. We aren't turning a deep bench player into an NBA All-Star, but anyone can be a solid contributor on our team if they work.

Side note: Does he fast during Ramadan? Could make it a tougher load during tourney season.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
It just goes to show that if you put in the work we can make a player out of you. We aren't turning a deep bench player into an NBA All-Star, but anyone can be a solid contributor on our team if they work.

Side note: Does he fast during Ramadan? Could make it a tougher load during tourney season.
Yes, he fasted last year with Adama.

Reaction Score

others answered already, but yes! this article mentions hassan and samson as players that were fasting along with adama last year.

not sure about singare's background, but i imagine he may be fasting as well this year.

Reaction Score
Adama did last year and he seemingly had no issues

Seems like kids generally figure it out by later in high school. I coached a ton of Muslim kids in AAU and we'd play 3 games a day, and they'd have no problems.

I would imagine our guys are pounding liquid IV after sundown and having a midnight meal

Reaction Score
others answered already, but yes! this article mentions hassan and samson as players that were fasting along with adama last year.

not sure about singare's background, but i imagine he may be fasting as well this year.

If your name is "Youssef" and you arenXt Muslim, I have questions... lol.

I kid... Not everyone fasts. But still. It's like meeting a kid named Abraham who doesn't go to church on Sunday.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom