It's obvious Gilbert is very important | Page 2 | The Boneyard

It's obvious Gilbert is very important

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
He was very important to us the first 4.5 games... with one shoulder essentially. And he clearly wasnt even playing his best basketball (missed a lot of bunnies he probably usually makes).

Reaction Score
We did. He currently plays for Providence. For sure need to recruit over AG going forward.

We took Anderson after MAL decommitted. Still should have had another on roster.

Reaction Score
I agree, not KO's fault. And since it appears that having an excuse for losing is just as good as winning, where's the clamor for a contract extension?

I was being sarcastic. Tone is hard in a message board.

Reaction Score
The team is pretty bad with or without him. No identity and the coaching seems pretty lousy.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
The team is pretty bad with or without him. No identity and the coaching seems pretty lousy.

unbeaten, beat Oregon in Oregon and leading or competing with national title favorite MSU when Gilbert was re-injured

you're right, they were obviously "pretty bad with him"

why bother? it really is a waste of time, rational or reasonable discussion can't be found around here

I'm just going to start putting them all on ignore

Reaction Score
MAL wouldn’t make this year’s team any better really outside of giving more depth. He’s been abysmal from 3, on FT, and with turnovers. Would have been great to have him in the pipeline though.

We’re playing 3 on 5 offensively, and we’re not a good shooting team, which hurts our ability to space the floor to give the bigs much help. The front court needs to grow up fast.

Reaction Score
Not KO's fault.

Your sarcasm was clear, but fault and responsibility are two entirely different things. KO is responsible for not having another plan after MAL walked away from a commitment, no disagreement. Whether it was KO's fault or not -- frankly, neither you nor I have a clue.

Reaction Score
Florida State coach should have had a better backup plan at QB this year, everyone knows QB's get injured. Lucky a fool coach like that could find another job, although am not sure if he had to take a pay cut.

Reaction Score
@businesslawyer nails it. whether MAL's decommitment (and I'd add the number of transfers last year) are KO's "fault" or not we'll never know.

But he owns the roster and the results. Last year (virtually) the entire roster was new, and we lost 3 guys for the year. He gets a pass. But we should have been returning a top 20 (or better) class and some healthy guys. Instead we again have a largely new roster.

Instead we see a bunch of transfers and a decommitment, KO owns those results. He recruited the kids, if they weren't a good fit, that's on him. They were all 10 toes in August of 2016. Whatever happened between then and when they transferred is on Ollie and his staff.

Reaction Score
Gilbert's stat lines give you a general understanding of just how poor he played when on the court. The intangibles? Defense? Just not buying any of it.

Have surgery.... take the year off and try to regain some confidence with his shoulder. After that the kid has real potential.

willie99

Reaction Score
Team performance >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> one person in any box score

Reaction Score
He thinks they’re good with AG. They’re not.

They were in the MSU game until he got hurt. And since then everyone is bitching about how awful they've been, rightfully so.

Of course they were better and as his game came back from so much time away they'd be even better. Not sure they'd be a dance contender just with he being healthy but certainly a better team.

Reaction Score
unbeaten, beat Oregon in Oregon and leading or competing with national title favorite MSU when Gilbert was re-injured
Dude, Oregon is 5-3. Their best win was Depaul. Can we stop pretending like that was some sort of statement win?

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Dude, Oregon is 5-3. Their best win was Depaul. Can we stop pretending like that was some sort of statement win?

Yes, we can.

Can we also stop pretending like we only beat the local YMCA squad?

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
This is the problem. A thread gets started about Gilbert's importance to the team. Pretty clear. Immediately two people jump in to turn it into their favorite topic: I hate Ollie. Doesn't matter that there are 15 other threads that have already been turned into that by the same two guys. (Maybe one or two others).
It is annoying, boring and rude. I think mods should do more to stop people from derailing threads. The Boneyard experience is worse and worse. Just a bunch of pis____ matches.

Reaction Score
Gilbert's stat lines give you a general understanding of just how poor he played when on the court. The intangibles? Defense? Just not buying any of it.

Have surgery.... take the year off and try to regain some confidence with his shoulder. After that the kid has real potential.

Does he need surgery or do you just want him to take a break?

willie99

Reaction Score
This is the problem. A thread gets started about Gilbert's importance to the team. Pretty clear. Immediately two people jump in to turn it into their favorite topic: I hate Ollie. Doesn't matter that there are 15 other threads that have already been turned into that by the same two guys. (Maybe one or two others).
It is annoying, boring and rude. I think mods should do more to stop people from derailing threads. The Boneyard experience is worse and worse. Just a bunch of pis____ matches.

I think you're right. They start all their threads about hating and dumpster fires and bashing Ollie and bashing the recruiting (just before they praise the recruiting to bash the coaching again), they go to places like MSG and annoy every fan sitting around them with their juvenile behavior, then they come into every other discussion on any other topic just to make sure everyone else gets to hear their shallow broken record positions again.

I avoid their threads, I think it's reasonable to expect them to stay away from the rest of us. I am just starting to put them on ignore, they offer nothing worth reading to begin with. Not an original thought to be found, just mob mentality which lowers one's IQ if one interacts with them too much.

Last edited:

willie99

Reaction Score
Does he need surgery or do you just want him to take a break?

the million dollar question

I "think" no news may be somewhat good news because it means they're waiting to see if time and rehab is enough. If he clearly needed surgery, I "think" they know that by now. Or "maybe" he probably needs surgery but he's just holding out with a slim chance he may not. The later is obviously not good news

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This is the problem. A thread gets started about Gilbert's importance to the team. Pretty clear.

I didn't find it to be that clear. I read it as KO's main water carrier making more excuses. It ranks right up there with another WC calling it "lazy analysis" to be unimpressed by Columbia. A reason given is because they only lost to Colgate by 7. Think about that. I'm not going to let these guys piss on my leg and tell me it's raining.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom