It's not coach P..... | The Boneyard

It's not coach P.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Just some facts and food for thought since all of you are so eager to blame coach P for something he has no control over. Recruiting. With the terrible recruits that UCONN brought in over the last few years, don't you think the chickens are coming home to roost?

I posted this a few months ago only to be ridiculed for the truth. You cannot win games if you do not have talent. Period.

Rivals recruiting class rankings over last few years. SU and UCONN are identical hence their on field performance this year. Think about it.
EAC6274B-36C0-472A-8590-85C09DBC8859-558-00000062B483078F_zps3d469d1d.jpg

It's also not coach P's fault that there is no instate talent.

Reaction Score
If you're asking why our team isn't as good as Michigan, you are dead on. If you're asking why we're not as good as Rutgers and Syracuse, the answer is P has had similar talent to the talent Edsall had when we always beat Syracuse and played at the same general level as RU.

Reaction Score
Bull$hit. We had plenty of teams with marginal talent that played disciplined, hard nosed football. They executed through plain schemes and played credible football. These teams are not any of those. The biggest clue is they don't get better over the season. Football is about discoplined, willing warriors. Those with the heart can play well. Not always win, but play well enough to win more often than not.

Reaction Score
And who's job is it to bring in better recruits? The Dairy Bar's?

In the last 5 years, your best recruiting class has been 2013 which was all coach P.

What I am saying is that you have no instate talent.....NJ is locked up by Rutgers/PennState/Michigan/OhioSt.....NY pretty much belongs to an array of teams. You have no where to recruit. This is starting to show on the field. Hell, if you have great talent even you would be able to win a few games here and there. Look at coach Flood, he's a rookie and he's still winning games. It's probably not due to his coaching skill either.

Reaction Score
Just some facts and food for thought since all of you are so eager to blame coach P for something he has no control over. Recruiting. With the terrible recruits that UCONN brought in over the last few years, don't you think the chickens are coming home to roost?

I posted this a few months ago only to be ridiculed for the truth. You cannot win games if you do not have talent. Period.

Rivals recruiting class rankings over last few years. SU and UCONN are identical hence their on field performance this year. Think about it.

If Pasqualoni is the head coach..and said coach is charged with bringing in players to fill his roster...then bullseye lies directly on Pasqualoni's forehead. It is also the job of siad HC to hire a staff that can develope that recruited talent. Our OL coach has a history since leaving Syracuse of one and done's as a OL coach. That isn't by accident! It wasn't all that long ago (like before Schiano hired Jeff Hafley and Cignetti after Wanny was fired at Pitt) that Rutgers was an after thought to NJ kids. Your rise as a program is DIRECTLY tied to the Hafley hire..no more...no less!

Reaction Score
If Pasqualoni is the head coach..and said coach is charged with bringing in players to fill his roster...then bullseye lies directly on Pasqualoni's forehead. It wasn't all that long ago (like before Schiano hired Jeff Hafley and Cignetti after Wanny was fired at Pitt) that Rutgers was an after thought to NJ kids. Your rise as a program is DIRECTLY tied to the Hafley hire..no more...no less!

Hafley came to Rutgers in 2011. RU has been on a rise since 2005 so not sure how Rutgers' success is strictly tied to him. Look at the chart....we still had the great recruiting classes before then.

Reaction Score
Hafley came to Rutgers in 2011. RU has been on a rise since 2005 so not sure how Rutgers' success is strictly tied to him. Look at the chart....we still had the great recruiting classes before then.
It is no secret that NJ hs coaches were out on Schiano (especially with the way he handled Mike Teal) when he hired Hafley...proably one of the best NJ (especially Northern NJ) recruiters out there. He stopped the top flight talent fleeing. I think you would be better off saying that Schiano was able to hire better recruiters on his staff. Case in point...the former recruiting coordinator/wr coach at UCONN is now a OC at a CT high school.

Reaction Score
Please don't feed this troll. He will go away if we don't engage him.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Thanks Flood. That was a great observation. Unfortunately, the head coach is responsible for recruiting so....

While you are researching you might want to take a look at the NFL rosters that have UConn players on them. I'm sure those guys wish they could trace places with guys Rivals ranked higher who now out selling insurance.

Reaction Score

It's a great point except for one thing. On the field we have winning records against all those teams except for Rutgers whom we seem to paly straight-up every season. Not to mention UCONN winning conference championships and making a BCS bowl two seasons ago.

Rivals rankings aren't for people who "think about it", they're for people who think that simplistic evaluations translate into meaningful analysis of talent and development. Yes, Alabama recruits top talent and Rivals captures that. That Rutgers and Pitt have top 50 classes and UCONN has top 80 classes means next to nothing as the play on the field clearly shows.

Reaction Score
If Pasqualoni is the head coach..and said coach is charged with bringing in players to fill his roster...then bullseye lies directly on Pasqualoni's forehead. It is also the job of siad HC to hire a staff that can develope that recruited talent. Our OL coach has a history since leaving Syracuse of one and done's as a OL coach. That isn't by accident! It wasn't all that long ago (like before Schiano hired Jeff Hafley and Cignetti after Wanny was fired at Pitt) that Rutgers was an after thought to NJ kids. Your rise as a program is DIRECTLY tied to the Hafley hire..no more...no less!
How long was Hafley at RU?1 year?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Let me pull the data set back a bit farther. We recruit better during the Pasqualoni Era than the Edsall Era.

zvr9j8.jpg

Reaction Score
We beat L'ville last year.

We will beat Rutgirls, then what will the excuse be.

Reaction Score
Sometimes Nicky all you need to do is make the right hire to rebuild the bridge that needs to be fixed.
I know Hafleys one hell of a recruiter but he seems to be a hired gun w/o much loyalty to anything but his pocket!They say kids love him but he's not much of a coach?I wonder why he went down to TB with Schiano where his best asset(recruiting) will be of no use?Heck even Wannstedt and Butch Davis ended up there!I guess Schiano likes accumulating talent?

Reaction Score
I look at it as Hafley fixed the issues Schiano had developed with coaches at schools like Bergen Catholic and Don Bosco among others..and Flood has just reinforced what Hafley did.

Reaction Score
I used to be a moderator. I would delete these obvious flames posts.

Reaction Score
5 NFL draft choices on last year's team, all made the NFL, and so did 2 undrafted players. When you have 7 NFL caliber players on the team, is recruiting really the problem? NO.

Flood here thinks the Rivals recruiting "analysts" know more than NFL coaches. They don't. We went over this the other day. 11 of 41 D1 two-star and lower players from Conn. made the NFL in the last 5 years. 2 of 8 four-star and higher players.

This shows that when it comes to Conn., 2-stars have a better chance of making the NFL than 4 stars. It all shows what a joke Rivals recruiting is when it comes to lightly recruited areas.

Reaction Score
Obvious troll is obvious.

Between analyzing UConn's recruiting and researching the deep flaws in recruiting star system (hardly a reliable predictor of future NFL participation), maybe Flood can polish his conference championship trophies. Oh wait. .. .

Reaction Score

So you are saying that Towson had better recruits than us and that's why they beat us?

Reaction Score
I look at it as Hafley fixed the issues Schiano had developed with coaches at schools like Bergen Catholic and Don Bosco among others..and Flood has just reinforced what Hafley did.
Good observation,I see it the same way but I'm hoping if the Uconn job opens up one of those assistants/excoach's like maybe Wanny will see another opportunity here at UConn as Wanny got jobbed IMO at Pitt....I think they made a big mistake and expected miracles!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom