It's Miller Time | Page 2 | The Boneyard

It's Miller Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I feel like a lot of posters are unaware about this commit, seems pretty low traffic for such a get. He is an immediate starter and could be one of the best players on the team. trouting out a line up of Adams, Purvis, Hamilton, Miller, Brimah... wow. no excuses

Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...nn-huskies-land-cornell-transfer-shonn-miller

"It just felt like home," Miller said. "I got along with all the players and everybody in general just welcomed me like I was a part of their family."

The 6-foot-7 Miller averaged 16.8 points and 8.5 rebounds for Cornell this past season and was one of the most coveted transfers on the market.

He also considered Marquette, Michigan, California and Illinois.

Reaction Score
Agreed. This is KO's best recruiting hall by far but he will always get from his doubters. Just the way it goes.
I always love KO and am generally very positive but was told some things about One of the recruiting assistants that makes me think he will struggle in that role. A lot of us are just saying we want another recruiter on staff to do some of the heavy lifting, it seems like it's all KO at times.

Huge get!!

Reaction Score
Also, at some point KO has gotta get credit for zeroing in on these big time transfers... kromah could have played at indiana, miller had his choices, but KO reeled him in.
Not on this site he won't. There are enough idiots who believe KO can't recruit or win with his own players. Miller is a very important get for us.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
This is such a huge get. Our biggest weaknesses against good teams were defensive rebounding and slow rotations due to lack of experience & communication. Miller is as close to a one-man fix for both of those as was available via any avenue - high school, JuCo, 5th years, whatever.

And on the other side of the ball he hits the hell out of his FTs and can pass a little bit, two other things that we lacked this year.

And so the trend of KO's recruiting classes improving every year continues. Very happy day for UConn hoops.

Reaction Score
tumblr_lyy9twXO4J1r4ghkoo1_500.gif

Reaction Score
Great get !!! Miller should had much needed scoring AND rebounding

Reaction Score
Awesome get for Ollie! Welcome Shonn!

Looks like he shot way to many 3's (3.5 a game) for being a 27% shooter. He was actually 50% from the field excluding 3's. I hope Ollie gets him to focus on the paint.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I think that the university should consider forming an unofficial partnership with ScHoolboy Q. It'd be great to have him again when other top recruits visit...:cool:

Reaction Score
His field goal percentage is slightly concerning considering his position, but he rebounds really well and I expect a lot of his missed shots had to do with having to be the focal point of the offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom