its crunch time on Fantasy Island | The Boneyard

its crunch time on Fantasy Island

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
assuming July 1 is a meaningful date for ACC GOR, etc.

(I am also working a theory that the Starks will be back in season 4 of Game of Thrones. Season 3 will be revealed as "all a dream" and/or the Red Witch will bring them back. )

Reaction Score
I think the last ship left the island in November 2012. We just have to stay relevant and hope a ship gets lost and can pick us up in a few years.

Great signature by the way.

Reaction Score
Thank you sir - and I hear ya. I'm just going to hit refresh every couple of hours up until July 1. This is just my process for letting go. I will buy an AAC tee shirt and get back to work in July.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
There are three things that can save us from the AAC, and it won't be for at least 2 years. From least likely to most likely.

1) Big 12 after competing for a year with the new playoff in place decides to pick up two schools that are not locked into a GOR so that can have a championship game. UConn would have to be one of the two schools which is not likely to happen (I don't think they'd go that far northeast, but then again doesn't matter what i think). Outlook: 10% with a chance of DeLoss Dodds shutting down the Long Horn Network.

2) B1G TV negotiations (will begin in earnest in 2015) and they see the value in adding us. Problem with this is that there are no partners not already locked into a GOR. Unless new TV deal would double what an SEC team would get and the B1G picks up Missouri (the geographic no-brainer) or a completely non-geographic put appealing market-wise Florida (thinking out of the box here - I don't think Florida would ever leave the SEC, but academically they are sound and obviously athletics, recruiting, and marketwise all tops). I know there are rumors about Vandy being studies, but it is private and not the big dog in their state. I don't think they would add much to the B1G. Outlook: 20% with a chance of Gordon Gee coming back to run the B1G.

3) ACC Network actually comes to fruition and they see the value in adding us and Cinci. Outlook: 30% with a chance of Father BCU and Shalala having a love child.

Bottom line, we are in the AAC. We own it, let's just be great at it, let's bring friends to games that don't already go. Let's build UConn up to where it needs to be. Only thing that can keep us going is to increase fan support and TV ratings. This will yield much better opportunities for us. I want us to win championships. I want us to sell out basketball and football. I want us to be top 10 in licensing revenue. I want us to strong arm the next TV deal if we aren't picked up by someone else.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
July 1st has absolutely no significance for us.

Aside, I guess, from Aresco's folly becoming an official entity.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

I'd still like to hear his stance on massive conference sanctioned cheating. It seems to be the only way to make this conference a go. Out SEC the SEC.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score

Plus, any July 1AAC announcement will probably be upstaged by some bigger ESPN or ACC announcement anyway. That's how these things work, apparently...

Sent from Section 205 on my BlackBerry Z10...

Reaction Score
I don't think it is relevant either. As long as we're willing to lower our expectations we'll be fine. We are in a better position than 20 years ago but a worse one than 2 years ago. Reality...it sucks!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Some things aren't possible even on Fantasy Island:

0.jpg

"Sorry UConn fans, there's nothing that I can do... my hands are tied"

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Ok, I'm ready to concede and buy an AAC tee shirt but can't find one. Anyone find any AAC tee shirts yet? It looks like Jonathan found a hat: http://www.uconnhuskies.com/index-main.html#

Nothing is over until Louisville signs a gor next year when they move to the acc. They are in the AAC this year. They can only verbally agree to terms with other schools. When they move the whole acc needs to resign with them on the doc as that's what they want. But when the current gor gets ripped up for a new one with Lville there is a short indie for a team to ditch.

Reaction Score
Nothing is over until Louisville signs a gor next year when they move to the acc. They are in the AAC this year. They can only verbally agree to terms with other schools. When they move the whole acc needs to resign with them on the doc as that's what they want. But when the current gor gets ripped up for a new one with Lville there is a short indie for a team to ditch.

i'll take it, thx. keep hope alive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer