It's a little odd... | The Boneyard

It's a little odd...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
When UConn loses the masses want to burn the place to the ground.

A solid win today and it's pretty quiet.

That was like a win from the late 2000's. Couple of big plays - stop the run...
I posted the same thread a few minutes ago. These 2 threads are the majority of game discussion.

Reaction Score
When UConn loses the masses want to burn the place to the ground.

A solid win today and it's pretty quiet.

That was like a win from the late 2000's. Couple of big plays - stop the run...

Well, first of all and most importantly, the majority of the fan base is incredibly reactionary. And second, Diaco actually made changes to the scheme.

Reaction Score
The game thread is just unbearable sometimes. Every single play brings up the past failures, right from the get go. Gloom and doom. Then as things turn in our favor, the drama queens don't have a positive thing to say.

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
I never even take the phone out of my pocket until leave Section 210. Sometimes it's a good thing. Today, it was a great thing. Thought that Bryant missed some sure things again today, but D was awesome and the offensive play calling was so much better. Why no Arkeel first quarter?
LaMelle was all by himself, one on one so much today. Our whOle section noticed it and it was a repeat discussion all day.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
OL looked sound today - that was great. Staff made great adjustments on D. BS - right after I said that Diaco should be arrested if BS plays another snap, he threw the TD at the end of the half. If that means I eat crow, fine.

Looking back over the season, initial reaction seemed to be "coaching is awful!"... and to an extent, it was. It's improved quite a bit, with room for more. OL was also pretty inconsistent... it's improved a ton. D was getting burned... they stepped up. The last question mark is QB... and I love the kid, he's a warrior... but this area has been slowest to improve. Not gonna harp on it, he played a great 31 minutes, and it's ALWAYS great to beat Cinci... but we need more consistency from BS. If that makes me the dark cloud today, so be it...

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
i'm thrilled with the W! Had to watch Gamecast from my phone for most of second half. Really proud of the team and I'll give the coaches credit.

I wonder if Cincy fans are questioning TT's call to punt when it was 4th and 3 or 4, I think in the forth quarter.

So happy UConn fans don't have to analyze specific UConn plays this week.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Hate to be that guy, but although I do think there were improvements (and all the #FireDiaco talk is silly) at the same time that was the worst Cincy team I've ever seen. If UConn could just put up 6-10 points in the first quarter, or average closer to 28-30 points in 4 quarters, I would be so much more optimistic.

Reaction Score
Jim Fuller ‏@NHRJimFuller 2h 2 hours ago
#UConn coach Bob Diaco said that decision to suspend Arkeel Newsome was a result of him "having a late Friday."

Jim Fuller ‏@NHRJimFuller 2h 2 hours ago
Translation was that Arkeel Newsone was likely either late to a meeting or a practice and was held out in the 1st quarter for #UConn
To be fair, after seeing him caught from behind so many times in his career, I can understand why he was late. He was most likely running to the meeting. Maybe next time he can ride the bus.

Reaction Score
[QUOTE="HuskiesFan1014, post: 1837243, member: 1322"]I never even take the phone out of my pocket until leave Section 210. Sometimes it's a good thing. Today, it was a great thing. Thought that Bryant missed some sure things again today, but D was awesome and the offensive play calling was so much better. Why no Arkeel first quarter?
LaMelle was all by himself, one on one so much today. Our whOle section noticed it and it was a repeat discussion all day.[/QUOTE]
Good choice. I leave mine in my car. There are people that miss half the game looking at their phones.

Reaction Score
To be fair, after seeing him caught from behind so many times in his career, I can understand why he was late. He was most likely running to the meeting. Maybe next time he can ride the bus.
Please stop....RBs get caught from behind all the time. The ones that don't aren't coming to UConn. How many TDs do you have?

Reaction Score
Please stop....RBs get caught from behind all the time. The ones that don't aren't coming to UConn. How many TDs do you have?
I can post more than one video of Donald Brown getting caught from behind. The guy today had the angle on him, but I guess running away from everyone else doesn't matter.

Reaction Score

Some people don't understand geometry and angles. He did not get caught from behind in a step to step footrace.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It was a very good win for the program.

That wasn't a great Cincinnati team, far from it, but this is a program that always beats UConn and this is a game we haven't been winning in quite some time.

One of the "criticisms" from the Edsall era was that we beat teams we were supposed to, but it didn't win games against what we're supposedly better teams. I think it's important for the growth of our program to get back to the point where it's not a surprise to beat a bad league opponent at home.

At 3-3, the only game we were clearly outclassed was at Houston which is a team that smoked a ranked Oklahoma team. The big criticisms like clock management and punting/going for it in certain downs and distances are easily identifiable and places where it's tough to say Diaco is improving. By the same token were not all that far from being 5-1. I'm still not sold if Diaco is the guy, but compared to a couple seasons ago, it's without a doubt the program is in way better shape and in a good position to keep inproving.

Need to fight for 3 more wins and keep us bowling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom