It's 1AM | The Boneyard

It's 1AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
OMG, I fell asleep late. I woke up to learn the Red Sox lost in the bottom of the 9th and Stanford scored six in the 9th to make in 13-12. Glad I missed that

I just went to ESPN to see what time today's game was. 7:00 BTW

Reaction Score
How many of us are still awake?

Holding my breath, despite the large lead

Go Huskies

Huskies can hit as can the Trees. Pitching in the college regionals has been pretty awful throughout once you get past the teams studs. East Carolina in the Jungle (absolutely terrific college baseball venues love it) took a 6-2 lead in the 5th and looked to sweep Texas but somehow lost 9-8 in 9th. Just mediocre arms galore in late game scenarios. Hope the Huskies continue to hit they will need to. Their ace goes today we will see. Go Huskies

Reaction Score
Can I add to the pitching woes in college baseball, the fact is most of the fields are band boxes as well. Stanford led college in HRs and while they look like nice hitters I am quite sure they hit a lot of those at home. It’s like playing at DeVitt Field in Deep River for crying out loud. The gaps are lucky to be 360. Wasn’t any different in Maryland.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Fell asleep in 8th. Shocked when I looked at the final box score. Don't think I've ever seen 4 HRs in bottom 9th at any level of organized baseball.

Stanford's defense on left side and poor baserunning seem to be their weakness. Hopefully their starter today has another bad outing. Their bats are just scary.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I would love to see them pull it out but Stanford is the number 2 team for a reason. Power up and the lineup and it seems like everyone they’ve brought out of the bullpen is 8-1 with a sub 2.00 ERA. Regardless, have to be so proud of this team and how they’ve represented the school!

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Realistically going to need to score 10+ to win this today. But we have 2 things on our side…

1) knowing that we can (and already have) hung a big number on Stanford

2) ALL of the pressure today is on Stanford to win

I believe!

Reaction Score
I would love to see them pull it out but Stanford is the number 2 team for a reason. Power up and the lineup and it seems like everyone they’ve brought out of the bullpen is 8-1 with a sub 2.00 ERA. Regardless, have to be so proud of this team and how they’ve represented the school!
Yeah but Tennessee was number 1 and VT was number 4 and they both lost. Never say never.

kevin garnett GIF

Reaction Score
I agree they need to put up some runs. They just gotta play loose and hope a couple guys in the pen are able to hold down the fort like Kirby did against Maryland. Wonder if Gallagher has an inning or two in him?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I agree they need to put up some runs. They just gotta play loose and hope a couple guys in the pen are able to hold down the fort like Kirby did against Maryland. Wonder if Gallagher has an inning or two in him?
I felt like they were pressing a little bit. It’s a fine line to play aggressive baseball and still play within yourselves. If they don’t get overwhelmed by the moment, and by overwhelmed I mean start pressing and overthinking, we have a good chance.

It’s already been a successful season, but I don’t want it to end just yet.

Reaction Score
I felt like they were pressing a little bit. It’s a fine line to play aggressive baseball and still play within yourselves. If they don’t get overwhelmed by the moment, and by overwhelmed I mean start pressing and overthinking, we have a good chance.

It’s already been a successful season, but I don’t want it to end just yet.
I agree. Peterson definitely was pressing yesterday and I think that kind of set the tone. I thought the ump was tight and obviously Stanford can mash so I wish he could of hung in there and kept it close. I hope the early game helps for them to get back at it again.

It’s been a great run, I’ve really enjoyed this team.

Reaction Score
UConn up 3-0 in the top of the first, still no outs, already knocked out Stanford's starter!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom