It would be purely symbolic, but please fire Weist | The Boneyard

It would be purely symbolic, but please fire Weist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He's actually a worse OC than HC, if that's possible. He won't be back with new coach, so just start now.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
There is no doubt that the house will be completely cleaned out after the season is over, but there are 3 games remaining and somebody needs to be the coach. Weist will likely land on his feet somewhere (maybe as WR coach here?) for being our sacrificial lamb in this God awful season.

Reaction Score
This brings negative attention, but not the play on the field??

I just hope 2-3 years from now we don't see Lagow blowing up and realize this guy forced him out because his awful decision making.

Just stop. Somebody has to man the position. We're a train wreck in every way imaginable. It will be over soon, but posts like those serve no purpose other than to draw negative attention.

Reaction Score
Its not personal, but were down two coaches already, being down three isn't going to make the play any better. Weist makes awful decisions. Running McCombs on third and two for a two yard loss comes to mind. Just have to let this nightmare end. Firing Weist wouldn't even be symbolic at this point. That's what P's firing seemed to be, cause it should sure didn't change anything.

Reaction Score
He has improved the run game from where we were for sure. The Offense is better run. Better pass blocking - not great. The one two of Max and McCombs is doing not bad. McCombs is better when he splits the time. The Defense can't tackle in the open field and still no solution for the pass rush. Christen is 2/11 40-49. KO return last almost in the FBS.

I much happier with him then P just for the improved play of the OL

Reaction Score
I agree, Christen is awful

He has improved the run game from where we were for sure. The Offense is better run. Better pass blocking - not great. The one two of Max and McCombs is doing not bad. McCombs is better when he splits the time. The Defense can't tackle in the open field and still no solution for the pass rush. Christen is 2/11 40-49. KO return last almost in the FBS.

I much happier with him then P just for the improved play of the OL

Reaction Score
Agreed as well on LMcC on kickoff returns. In 9 games not even a sniff of a breakaway. No reason not to try something new.

Would have no problem with TJ staying on as WR coach.

Reaction Score
attention-seeker.jpg

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Awesome, after one press conference certain people wanted to offer him a five year deal. This place is hilarious.
Have you ever heard the expression "never get too high after a win or too low after a loss"?

That doesn't apply here.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Have you ever heard the expression "never get too high after a win or too low after a loss"?

That doesn't apply here.

Considering that we're winless, it surely does not apply.

I say that we let the game thread call the plays.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Considering that we're winless, it surely does not apply.

I say that we let the game thread call the plays.
I can only speak for myself but I view the double execution of P & GDL as our biggest win since that game in Tampa a few years back.

Reaction Score
When Weist got the job after four games, his career was put on the on the line. He is the biggest loser or PP's final victim.
His career path to HC has been delayed for a few years.

Reaction Score
I think we should line Silver Lane with heads on sticks. That would be symbolic. And for night games we should use huge torches rather than electric lights in the stadium. And for the entire three hours the entire band should rhythmically beat on huge base drums. BOOM-BADDA-BOOM-BADDA-BOOM-BADDA-BOOM-BADDA-BOOM.......

Reaction Score
This team has....is... and will struggle till they can recruit better lineman. Even with Edsall they struggled more than not with line play. Sure they had Donald Brown bowl people over but he had what...2 years doing that? Some will say I'm wrong but I ask you...how many offensive lineman made it to the NFL from UConn? No matter who coaches this team in the future if they can't get 3 and 4 star lineman in here this team will never be a perennial top 25 ...heck.. top 40 ranked team. And it's hard to coach these guys when they are injured, which has been a curse the last three years(when was the last time they actually had 5 1st stringers start 3 games in a row?), or when somebody selfishly decides pot smoking is more important than honoring your scholarship commitments. The next guy in has to start there and work his way out and good luck to him.

Reaction Score
This team has....is... and will struggle till they can recruit better lineman. Even with Edsall they struggled more than not with line play. Sure they had Donald Brown bowl people over but he had what...2 years doing that? Some will say I'm wrong but I ask you...how many offensive lineman made it to the NFL from UConn? No matter who coaches this team in the future if they can't get 3 and 4 star lineman in here this team will never be a perennial top 25 ...heck.. top 40 ranked team. And it's hard to coach these guys when they are injured, which has been a curse the last three years(when was the last time they actually had 5 1st stringers start 3 games in a row?), or when somebody selfishly decides pot smoking is more important than honoring your scholarship commitments. The next guy in has to start there and work his way out and good luck to him.

You've never posted anything worth reading. Why start now, Pasqualoni lover.

Reaction Score

Wait, did you seriously just write that UCONN struggled with line play under Edsall? Seriously? And you equate being a successful college player with being a good pro? So Tim Tebow was a bad college QB because he was not successful in the nfl?

The strength of Edsall teams were the offensive line. Ryan Krug, William Beatty, Mo Petrus, Zack Hurd, Mike Hicks, Donald Thomas to name a few standouts.

Reaction Score
Maybe the players can coach themselves. Would be a fun experiment.

Or they could troll the tailgate parties and find a lucky winner to coach for a day.
University of Phoenix on line coach yourself. Sure they could find it in the course offering if they look hard enough.

Reaction Score
He's actually a worse OC than HC, if that's possible. He won't be back with new coach, so just start now.
I will not question your football knowledge...You have exposed it...

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Weist has been a marked improvement over the prior regime. I didn't like his decision to start Boyle, but I don't think Weist was the one making that decision.

Reaction Score
Weist has been a marked improvement over the prior regime. I didn't like his decision to start Boyle, but I don't think Weist was the one making that decision.

Agree with Nelson. First...real dumb thread to begin with.....fire TJ Weist..real dumb.
Offensive line play has improved. running back play alternating backs with MAX and Lyle is proving effective allowing for tad more play calling mix with QB's. Having 2 frosh signal callers to work with and bring along for next year. We are lucky to have TJ. He is a sacrificial lamb as the interim head coach stabilizing a program for the next guy. In addition to game play calling and being the Interim CEO of the program..that's right program..he has to TRY to keep the committed recruits positive about coming to our Great school. Being an alum, negative threads like this serve no purpose except get old guys like myself p.o'ed.
FIRING HCPP AND GDL and bringing in TJ as the interim was the first step. It's called: (STOP THE BLEEDING)..the hiring of a new HC in 3 weeks STARTS THE BREATHING. Hope TJ is one of 2 coaches retained, perhaps as WR coach (if he would take the position) and his enthusiasm for my school certainly could land him consideration as a recruiting coordinator to keep the juices flowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom