It will be Georgetown | The Boneyard

It will be Georgetown

Reaction Score
Actually, there is no game tomorrow per ESPN showing the Monday's games. Maybe they only show important games. They are sooooooo bad.

Reaction Score
Ugly, ugly game. Georgetown lost their "sixth man of the year" player at the end of the game. Very hard to watch. I believe this was G-Town's 3rd game, so hopefully they will be nice and tired tomorrow night!

Reaction Score
Ugly, ugly game. Georgetown lost their "sixth man of the year" player at the end of the game. Very hard to watch. I believe this was G-Town's 3rd game, so hopefully they will be nice and tired tomorrow night!

They also lost another player in the 2nd quarter

Reaction Score
Actually, there is no game tomorrow per ESPN showing the Monday's games. Maybe they only show important games. They are sooooooo bad.
It's posted now. 7PM on FS1.

Reaction Score
The same crew of absolutely incompetent referees that handled the UConn game yesterday -- yes, the one they let get out of control with physicality, allowed the Georgetown-Creighton game to turn into a scrum today. One Georgetown player appears to have been pretty seriously (or at least very painfully) hurt. Other players were bouncing off one another all game. The announcers had all they could do to not criticize the refs. I do not think I have seen refs lose control of two consecutive games like this before.

Please know that I have no dog in this hunt. I did not care who won this game, so I didn't feel that the refs stole the game from Creighton. However, this is not the usual degree of incompetence where refs don't call some fouls and call others, or call one half differently than the other. This is a crew that says, "Let 'em play" until the bodies start to fall. And even then, when more players are down on the court than standing on it (which literally happened at one point), they don't fix the problem.

We will know the NCAA refereeing system is incompetent for sure if this crew gets picked to ref the tournament.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
That’s because the game is on Fox

D06420EC-4745-4590-B316-F596D3516B0D.jpeg

Reaction Score
I think that the Georgetown " interim" Head Coach may have earned the right to
become " HEAD COACH ". Quite the season... Beating the third seeded St JOHN's
then the second seeded Creighton and now in the Championship! It should
be a BRIDGE too far for the HOYAS with four games in four days and with those Hoya's injuries.
But .. Watch out HUSKIES........ The Hoyas has nothing to lose.... I hope that
it does not get ugly. NO ONE, NO ONE gets hurt. NO ONE, NO ONE FOULS OUT!

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Last team I wanted the beat up Huskies to play. GTown thrives on physicality.

Reaction Score
The same crew of absolutely incompetent referees that handled the UConn game yesterday -- yes, the one they let get out of control with physicality, allowed the Georgetown-Creighton game to turn into a scrum today. One Georgetown player appears to have been pretty seriously (or at least very painfully) hurt. Other players were bouncing off one another all game. The announcers had all they could do to not criticize the refs. I do not think I have seen refs lose control of two consecutive games like this before.

Please know that I have no dog in this hunt. I did not care who won this game, so I didn't feel that the refs stole the game from Creighton. However, this is not the usual degree of incompetence where refs don't call some fouls and call others, or call one half differently than the other. This is a crew that says, "Let 'em play" until the bodies start to fall. And even then, when more players are down on the court than standing on it (which literally happened at one point), they don't fix the problem.

We will know the NCAA refereeing system is incompetent for sure if this crew gets picked to ref the tournament.
Was at the game and don’t think they lost control of the game
what I did see were lots of missed calls
the male ref in particular. He had one call overruled by one of the other refs
which was an obvious call on the defender
he also called an offensive foul when the defender was clearly in the circle
(replay on the big screen was clear) and took away a Potential 3 point play
what I do see in the women’s game is that defense has improved dramatically over the past 10 years and if a game is allowed to be called loosely you get
these hard to watch low scoring games

Reaction Score

Neither injuries were due to the physicality of the game.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Was at the game and don’t think they lost control of the game
what I did see were lots of missed calls
the male ref in particular. He had one call overruled by one of the other refs
which was an obvious call on the defender
what I do see in the women’s game is that defense has improved dramatically over the past 10 years and if a game is allowed to be called loosely you get
these hard to watch low scoring games
There is no "circle" in WBB anymore, it is only there for the men.

Reaction Score

The so-called circle does not apply to women’s basketball.

Reaction Score
UConn can play physical but don't need a closely officiated game. Both KK and Ice will have issues if the game is called close and as long as AE is healing they need all hands on deck.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
According to ESPN Gamecast info:
Georgetown Creighton:
Referees:
Karen Preato
Talisa Green
Jeffery Smith

Providence UConn
Referees:
Saif Esho
Sarah Williams
William Smith

Hmm.