It was 'Bazz against IU last night | The Boneyard

It was 'Bazz against IU last night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is that a bad thing?
Against BC it was the same thing. Bazz with the ball at the top of the key, uconn players standing around and then either a 3-point shot or a mid-range jumper from Bazz. sometimes it's a drive and foul.
Very Kemba-esque. Especially if we win.

If Napier is on, it works. But it doesn't seem to help the flow of the offense. DD had 20 points in the 1st half against BC. Maybe 2 or 3 in the 2nd. He was pretty non-existent against IU. very disappointing after it seemed like he was coming out against BC in the first 20 minutes.

if we can win with bazz running 60-70% of the offense, run it until they stop him. but it just seems like the offense stagnates with that approach, and then it takes a herculean effort from Bazz to pull out the win. Personally, I would rather see better distribution as this team has a lot of players that can score.

Reaction Score
Boat and Omar are in slumps and Deandre needs to be more consistent although I believe he is moving the right direction. Even yesterday he backed his guy down for a couple jump hooks (like that weapon) and they missed but still a solid option for him. It will get better but last night, it was the Bazz show and it had to be. They'll be fine and everyone will start playing better. Still winning I guess not all bad!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I think teams realize that DeAndre is a poor passer out of the low post. All they have to do is double him with another big man, and all he can do is kick it back out to Shabazz/Boatright on his side of the court, then the defense has time to set.

Reaction Score
It was out of necessity since literally nothing else was working. Hopefully, we don't have another game where Boat, Omar, DD, Giff, Kromah and TO all stink on offense at the same time so there's at least something else for the defense to worry about. Indiana probably did a lousy job at making someone else beat them - another team may just run hard doubles at him in a situation like this.

DD did step up with that three coming off a screen on a cold night - might have given him a chance at Testiculo awards on another day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom