It is a game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

It is a game

Reaction Score
How about restricting postgame analyses after losses to the Chat section? Just a thought.
Why have we become afraid of discussion. Noone seems to be attacking anyone . Some agree, some don't .

Reaction Score
I felt bad for Z. She was in tears when being interviewed by Justine in the Lockeroom.

Z played her heart out.
She did. I believe she really worked hard . Everyone played hard. Re- watching, the Huskies looked a little tired in OT. You would think ND would have been tired , but they looked invigorated. You seem to have insight with Geno regarding Z , so we hope to hear something from you regarding her return for next year. I feel for the whole team.

Reaction Score
Gabby and Kia you will be missed Big Time! Can’t wait for next year!
As much as we wanted them to win.....it’s not life or death. Love our Husky gals!!!!!

Reaction Score
She did. I believe she really worked hard . Everyone played hard. Re- watching, the Huskies looked a little tired in OT. You would think ND would have been tired , but they looked invigorated. You seem to have insight with Geno regarding Z , so we hope to hear something from you regarding her return for next year. I feel for the whole team.

I will PM you later

Reaction Score
The title to this thread on its face is very true. Except it's an absolute contradiction to why almost everyone of you has been and hopefully will remain here writing about it after feeling it first.
A game, any game in and of itself, doesn't require this much discussion and the accompanying joy and angst, about any of the topics raised here whether they be: game review and analysis, talk about recruits from Ezi on down to 2021(so far), guesses as to score of the next game, etc, etc!
This program, this culture has come from the never ending pursuit of excellence. Not against the opponent but against playing perfect basketball, and also behaving and presenting oneself as perfectly as possible. So why then when it loses, especially in an unexpected big spot, can't there be analysis of what didn't go well and needs to be fixed. And forbid, if anyone ever criticizes the favored players or the best coaching staff maybe ever in sports.
The striving for perfection without seriously Savoring and enjoying the special accomplishments without much depth, might well be where some of problems begin. If you can't truly enjoy the ride, while on it, it's just an endless grind, where nothing matters because you're already just on to the next team, the next game, the next season. These last two years we have won every game but two. That's amazing, unbelievable and should be celebrated by everyone as its so darn rare. After one does that, they need to truly figure out why almost the exact same pattern as last years game presents itself. There are some very clear things that need addressing and some not so clear. The search for perfection REQUIRES Geno, the coaches and yes, us, to search for answers. Last year Vic came to Geno after they got beat by 60, to see what he and MS still needed to do. MM, maybe the 2nd or 3rd best coach in wbb now and ever, figured out how to play, stay with, and occasionally beat U Conn.
I could go on and on, but if you just want to watch a game, go see a HS game of regular players or a regular HS team, be it girls or boys and just enjoy it!
Bronx23

Reaction Score
BTW - I'm NOT restricting anyone from posting. You all post away... You don't have to like, or even respect, my opinion. I never get offended by that. Do what you need to do. Say what you need to say; I did.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom