It has to be said | The Boneyard

It has to be said

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
The only thing more disappointing than the season is the content of the majority of people who post here. I don't care if you've followed the program for 40 years and watched Toby Kimball scratch his against Holy Cross; you suck. At some point you've crossed over from "fan" to "entitled, whiny bitch who demands to be entertained". Have any of you drama queens looked around at the landscape of college hoops lately? There's parity! And unless you're willing to pay for a bunch of one and dones like Kentucky, you're going to have a tough row to hoe.

Was the team disappointing? Yes. Did individuals not live up to expectations? Yes. Was it hard to watch at times? Yes.

Get over it. Just because you have a computer and a smartphone doesn't mean you have to regale us with your angst. It doesn't mean you have to bombard with your clever analyses like "AD sucks" or "Lamb has no heart" or, even better: "the program is in decline and I'm not happy!" Serious? That's what Twitter or Facebook is for. Take your faux offended, emo Stop someplace else.

I can't even say some of you losers are frontrunners. Frontrunners post when things are good and hide when things get bad. Most of you crawl out from under rocks to post only when things are bad. God forbid if the team had won, this place would be like crickets. I can only assume that you'd all be posting on Facebook about how you had such a crappy day at work or have a terrible yeast infection.

Some of us will be looking forward to next season with optimism. Many of you, I'm sure, will move on to other boards and bless them with your self-indulgent wisdom: "The Mets suck!", "The Sawx have no pitching!" or "The Yankees are old and in decline!"

Good riddance, and, see you next year.

Reaction Score
A lot of it is due to immaturity. Imagine becoming a fan last year or so. Those of us who have gone through decades of watching UConn ball are able keep it in perspective. Sure disappointment and venting is common, but the character assassinations are a sign of youthful posting.

There's an old saying that "you don't throw the baby out with the bath water". UConn 'veteran' fans know that UConn (i.e. University) is the baby. Others don't heed such wisdom.

Reaction Score
That kind of behavior is pretty much common with any elite basketball or football program or top-tier professional franchise. People literally cry over games.

Reaction Score
Sounds like your yeast infection is getting the better of you:)

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Sadly not far below this thread, are two with loads of posts, knocking our two biggest stars. Pretty pathetic. It seems that the immature fans can't navigate the differences between criticizing the play of a player in a particular game and criticizing the person and making personal attacks on college kids. We have been blessed as college basketball fans and would do well to remember it.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I am seriously thinking of creating a separate board for those with a proven history with the 'yard. A history of well chosen words.

The only thing more disappointing than the season is the content of the majority of people who post here. I don't care if you've followed the program for 40 years and watched Toby Kimball scratch his against Holy Cross; you suck. At some point you've crossed over from "fan" to "entitled, whiny bitch who demands to be entertained". Have any of you drama queens looked around at the landscape of college hoops lately? There's parity! And unless you're willing to pay for a bunch of one and dones like Kentucky, you're going to have a tough row to hoe.

Was the team disappointing? Yes. Did individuals not live up to expectations? Yes. Was it hard to watch at times? Yes.

Get over it. Just because you have a computer and a smartphone doesn't mean you have to regale us with your angst. It doesn't mean you have to bombard with your clever analyses like "AD sucks" or "Lamb has no heart" or, even better: "the program is in decline and I'm not happy!" Serious? That's what Twitter or Facebook is for. Take your faux offended, emo bull**** someplace else.

I can't even say some of you losers are frontrunners. Frontrunners post when things are good and hide when things get bad. Most of you crawl out from under rocks to post only when things are bad. God forbid if the team had won, this place would be like crickets. I can only assume that you'd all be posting on Facebook about how you had such a crappy day at work or have a terrible yeast infection.

Some of us will be looking forward to next season with optimism. Many of you, I'm sure, will move on to other boards and bless them with your self-indulgent wisdom: "The Mets suck!", "The Sawx have no pitching!" or "The Yankees are old and in decline!"

Good riddance, and, see you next year.

Reaction Score
Look, as fans we have more success than we deserve with 3 national titles but what's wrong with trying to figure out what happened and why? This isn't about pointing a finger and then sending the player to sit on a chair facing the room corner as punishment. What makes it more frustrating is that the possible lack of certainty for next season as to eligibility and players we keep. If we knew Drummond and Lamb were staying and also AO, then the board would be more upbeat.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
Look, as fans we have more success than we deserve with 3 national titles but what's wrong with trying to figure out what happened and why? This isn't about pointing a finger and then sending the player to sit on a chair facing the room corner as punishment. What makes it more frustrating is that the possible lack of certainty for next season as to eligibility and players we keep. If we knew Drummond and Lamb were staying and also AO, then the board would be more upbeat.

I'm not against criticism. I think it's healthy when constructive and makes for a good board. I just think that there is an element that a) goes over the top with the finger pointing and ii) only posts after a loss.

It's a message board. We should discuss stuff. I don't think it should be a place for people to vomit their ill considered opinions in the throes of emotional distress. Read some of the dreck that gets posted. It's easy to distinguish well reasoned criticism from the emo vitriol.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

It's not the trying to figure it out, its the dozens of posts that are effectively "Drummond sucks, good riddance", "Lamb stinks, why doesn't he ever play D" and so on. Check the threads from last night, it's amazing how fast some of these people change from "greatest player ever" to "worst player ever". Pointless and stupid. There were obvious problems with the chemistry this year, and the team often didn't respond as we hoped (and I'm sure as JC hoped).

I'm not one to use kid gloves on them. When I don't think they are hustling for loose balls, or playing D, I'll say so. But yesterday, Lamb was moving without the ball better than I've seen all year. Much more Richard Hamilton. Frankly, it's what I wanted to see from him all season. He had the fire. I'm sure they were coached to guard the 3, but they lapsed into the usual collapsing D and got torched. Once the lightbulb went off, the defense was pretty good, but it was too late. I suspect that was a hell of a learning experience for those guys and will make them better.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
I am seriously thinking of creating a separate board for those with a proven history with the 'yard. A history of well chosen words.
I liked your post Tom assuming I'd be on the "new Yard". If not feel free to unlike my like!

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
I'm not against criticism. I think it's healthy when constructive and makes for a good board. I just think that there is an element that a) goes over the top with the finger pointing and ii) only posts after a loss.

It's a message board. We should discuss stuff. I don't think it should be a place for people to vomit their ill considered opinions in the throes of emotional distress. Read some of the dreck that gets posted. It's easy to distinguish well reasoned criticism from the emo vitriol.
What's really funny is that if Lamb and Drummond were to stay, not likely imho, but if they did, we'd be preseason top 3 again, this time justified and we'd be as dominatnt as KY was this year. And all the haters/dumpers would climb back on board the wagon. Think about the growth AD could have in a development program for a full year.

If there is a fan base that shouldn't complain, its us. We are the DOMINANT program of the last 12 years. So we had a less than stellar year. We just won the frackin National Championship last year.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I liked your post Tom assuming I'd be on the "new Yard". If not feel free to unlike my like!
Kind of like having a Delta board and the exclusive frat board (can't think of the name).

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
This is as bad as I can remember it. This is so far from what actually made the Boneyard great back in the day -- if there's more than four or five of the truly original posters left, I'd be shocked. Suz, Deadrody, Deepster (sporadically)....past that, nada.

It was bound to change as time went on and more people showed up, but it's just gotten too ugly lately. For every decent new poster we get, we get ten mush-minds with 990411 in their handles who think titles fall out of the sky. They speak in cliches and insist on scalps whenever life doesn't go their way.

It's just too tiring to sort out the good from the bad and even when I can, the good is rapidly overrun. It guess it bears some thinking on before next season - not sure what or where the answer is.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
I would totally support that...

...assuming I was let in.

Reaction Score
If we had not won the NC last year would the posts be as negative about this team? Last year we had a perfect storm, this year we got hit with a cyclone ( sorry, couldn't help myself ). We are young and young players screw up and we did, but we will be back again and again and again. We are Uconn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom