It feel like an eternity | The Boneyard

It feel like an eternity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Agree......it always seems all the big programs find a way to keep it under 12 days or so but not UConn......with the 6 days between Loyola and Maine then 12 days to Stanford it's a tough stretch for the players I'm sure as well as the fans. Even now we have a 6 day hiatus between the Washington's!

Then things get rolling.......

Reaction Score
I'm glad Wed. night is against a "name" team. Looking foward to a good night a the XL.

Reaction Score
What's the pre-game stop this year alex......still Woody's? Will check it out when I get to one which should be soon......

Reaction Score
What's the pre-game stop this year alex......still Woody's? Will check it out when I get to one which should be soon......

Sometimes Woody's, sometimes the Rockinghorse Saloon next to the Russian Lady...just let me know when you'll be going.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Agree......it always seems all the big programs find a way to keep it under 12 days or so but not UConn......with the 6 days between Loyola and Maine then 12 days to Stanford it's a tough stretch for the players I'm sure as well as the fans. Even now we have a 6 day hiatus between the Washington's!

Then things get rolling.......

I hate the break as much as anyone but I don't begrudge the kids the time for exams and around the holidays.

Reaction Score
Sometimes Woody's, sometimes the Rockinghorse Saloon next to the Russian Lady...just let me know when you'll be going.

Rockinghorse? Is that the place with the peanut barrels? Or a new one?

Reaction Score
Hopefully is also lets them get healthy (Bazz) or stay healthy. I know I am reaching but the break does suck for fans. You wait all year for basketball to start then there is almost a three weeks with only one game. Painful.

DOOMED!!!!!!

Reaction Score
In years like this, when we have a very legit shot at going really really far into March/April...i like this break. It's good for the kids to rest up and heal before a usually nasty conference season. Hopefully they can each get some one on one time with position coaches as well to work on some things repetitively that they have struggled with during games. If there was no break, they wouldn't have time to do that either while gameplanning for specific teams and player tendencies.

For me, its a hot bag of nickels to the face to wait this long between games, but i know it's good for the team.

Luckily this year, we hired a new football coach during this break, so it's been far less boring than the last couple!

Reaction Score
Rockinghorse? Is that the place with the peanut barrels? Or a new one?

Mau -

The peanut barrels were at the Pour House on Allyn St. That's opened as a new place now.

Rockinghorse is next door to the Russian Lady. Same guys own the Lady, the Rockinghorse and the Tavern Downtown...all right next door to each other.

If you've seen the flick "Coyote Ugly" with the dancing female bartenders...well The Rockinghorse has someting similar, though he last few times we've been there no one has actually danced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom