It always annoys me | Page 3 | The Boneyard

It always annoys me

Reaction Score
When people wait online at Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts for 10 minutes, get to the front, and don't have any idea what they want to order. And then, have to dig around for their wallet to pay for whatever they didn't know they were going to order

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
How about people that count out exact change at the register? It actually makes it harder for the cashier and pisses off everyone behind you.

Reaction Score
You idiots who just sit in the far left i.e. passing lane doing 68.

ngbbs57a5c823cd958.jpg

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
How about when that dipshit pulls out in front of you and...there is no one behind you?!?
Happened to me today except I didn't let him get the chance. It really wasn't intentional but it ended up working that way. I got the finger and he got a day of aggravation.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
These days, most everything annoys me. Being annoyed and irritable all the time is one of the perks of being old.
Yep. And annoying others is even better.

I like getting to the deli counter and ordering one slice of every item in the case especially when there's a huge group of people waiting. And it has to be super thin. I make the counter people redo it several times until they get it right.

Annoys the deli people who have to unwrap and rewrap every item. It's justice to both them and the crowd. After all the counter workers were talking instead of attending to customers causing the crowd to get huge. And no one in the huge crowd of people chose to open their trap. Well that is no one spoke up until I got there. I ain't fixin things for no one but numero uno. I'm no commie who's going to eat turkey sandwiches and ketchup.

So who believed I'd do something like this!?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
How about people that count out exact change at the register? It actually makes it harder for the cashier and pisses off everyone behind you.
Carrying around $2.38 in change.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Yep. And annoying others is even better.

I like getting to the deli counter and ordering one slice of every item in the case especially when there's a huge group of people waiting. And it has to be super thin. I make the counter people redo it several times until they get it right.

Annoys the deli people who have to unwrap and rewrap every item. It's justice to both them and the crowd. After all the counter workers were talking instead of attending to customers causing the crowd to get huge. And no one in the huge crowd of people chose to open their trap. Well that is no one spoke up until I got there. I ain't fixin things for no one but numero uno. I'm no commie who's going to eat turkey sandwiches and ketchup.

So who believed I'd do something like this!?
Bad quality but it gets the job done.

Reaction Score
Wait.. WHAT?! Aren't these guy girdles? When you are in non-urinal bathroom do you take it off and hang it on the hook? If you have one do you cut it down to size but leave a little overhang for the winter months? Seems like it'd just make you very warm around the mid-section which would be a way worse problem then having to tuck your shirt back in a few times a day.

The young folk are buying tapered or even custom tailored shirts which you can get for pretty cheap these days. Eliminates the problem at the source, stupidly made shirts made just as wide at waist as they are at shoulders. As long as they make the shirts long enough (shirt coming all the way out showing skin or undershirt much worse) tapered is better and we should all gradually upgrade our wardrobes.

In practice what you preach hypocrisy, pretty sure that today I'm wearing a shirt that is 17yrs old (used to wear it with a particular tie pre-business casual)!

I hate when people say "wait....what?" It's either wait or what. Not both.

UConNation

I object!
Reaction Score
People. I took some time off during Christmas through New Year this year, and after 6.5 years of marriage, including a few more years of dating, and 2 children later, that week and half of time at home with my wife helped her realize that I, generally speaking, don't like other adults. It's not that I'm not a compassionate person; I work with kids on a regular basis in my off time, but stupid people really annoy me, and that unfortunately encompasses most people.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
People. I took some time off during Christmas through New Year this year, and after 6.5 years of marriage, including a few more years of dating, and 2 children later, that week and half of time at home with my wife helped her realize that I, generally speaking, don't like other adults. It's not that I'm not a compassionate person; I work with kids on a regular basis in my off time, but stupid people really annoy me, and that unfortunately encompasses most people.

I think there was a Star Trek episode that dealt with this problem.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score

You wouldn't have enjoyed my Uncle Kelvin. Every year at Christmas, he'd have all of us kids (my siblings, my cousins, me - there were 18 in all) line up by the tree and he'd dole out one penny per year of age for everyone. He was one of those eccentric super wealthy miser types. He'd have a plastic grocery bag filled with pennies and would slowly count them out, one by one, as they were handed to us. He wanted to make damn sure nobody got an extra penny. He's changed his ways a bit though. Now that he's a grandfather, his grandkids each get a full dollar on Christmas. They must really be able to paint the town red the next day.

Reaction Score
It always annoys me when driving you wave another car into traffic in front of you or let them take a left in front of you and then they don't wave to say thanks or acknowledge you at all. I am noticing this more and more.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
It always annoys me....when I check my mail.

I have everything sent to me online. Bills, tax statements, etc. The only thing that ever gets delivered to my mailbox is junk. I check my mail maybe once a week and it's those big bulky "newspaper" coupon circulars, postcard ads from Bed Bath and Beyond, the neighborhood rag that advertises unlicensed handyman jobs or polish cleaning ladies and nothing useful. I literally throw 99.5% of all my mail right into the recycle bin.

I get one magazine, Game Informer, sent to me in paper form just so I have something to look forward to in the mail. Im decidedly old school about how my video game news is delivered. :)

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
Carrying around $2.38 in change.
Change in Canada. The toonie and the loonie. Dumb names... I only spend paper money here do the same thing there.. end up with a fair amount in cash when I come home. Of course I wouldn't have taken that money out to begin with...

Everyone pays with change in Canada.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Not in Canada enough to care about the loonie (nicknamed because of the bird on the coin) or the toonie (two dollar coin and a play off loonie, because it rhymes.).

I hate having an over abundance of metal change in my pocket, and if it annoys whoever might be behind me in line for another 8 1/2 seconds, so be it.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Change in Canada. The toonie and the loonie. Dumb names... I only spend paper money here do the same thing there.. end up with a fair amount in cash when I come home. Of course I wouldn't have taken that money out to begin with...

Having grown up in Canada I can verify that this is 100% true.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

I use funky looking foreign coinage as ball markers for golf.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
The checkout lane at the grocery store is raw unfiltered hell. I hate every thing about. The 5% chance of a cute cashier can't save it. THEN Just when you think you're done you have to lug the crap in the house and put it away. 1st world problems I know.

This thread reminds me of the thread a couple months ago "dumb things you're bad at" or whatever. I have a new one: tucking in a dress shirt. Always looks bunched up and always comes undone. I'm not the skinniest guy but far from the fattest so I don't think it's a weight thing. Very frustrating.

You gotta buy tailored/slim fit shirts or anything tailored. Your shirt is likely a size or two too baggy.

Free fashion advice for the day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom