It always annoys me | Page 2 | The Boneyard

It always annoys me

Reaction Score
At a store like CVS when there are multiple cashiers but it's not clearly defined if each cashier has their own line, or if there's one main line that feeds to each cashier. Without fail, you'll stand in the main line and some @S$hat will walk right by the 6 people in the "main" line as if they're all just there to watch the excitement and he'll start his own line at one of the registers.

Reaction Score
At a store like CVS when there are multiple cashiers but it's not clearly defined if each cashier has their own line, or if there's one main line that feeds to each cashier. Without fail, you'll stand in the main line and some @S$hat will walk right by the 6 people in the "main" line as if they're all just there to watch the excitement and he'll start his own line at one of the registers.

Haha. That was actually going to be my original complaint. This is more on CVS than anything, I don't understand how they haven't mastered the checkout line. It really raises my hackles!

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
Speaking of check out lines I hate it when a lady is finished paying and takes 5 more minutes to put her money/card and receipt back in her pocketbook!

And then she and the female cashier continue their conversation about nothing, completely oblivious to the growing check-out line.

Reaction Score
And then she and the female cashier continue their conversation about nothing, completely oblivious to the growing check-out line.

CVSs are turning more and more into junk stores that happen to sell pharmaceuticals. They are dirty and disorganized.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
You know how you're in the checkout line in the market and the person in front of you has a stupid .25 coupon that isn't accepted? So you stand around while they haggle with the cashier, then the cashier manager and then, finally, the store manager.

I hate that.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Speaking of check out lines I hate it when a lady is finished paying and takes 5 more minutes to put her money/card and receipt back in her pocketbook!

Hell yes. And even worse, at the ATM. You couldn't pull up a bit first before doing that?

Reaction Score
It always annoys me....when I check my mail.

I have everything sent to me online. Bills, tax statements, etc. The only thing that ever gets delivered to my mailbox is junk. I check my mail maybe once a week and it's those big bulky "newspaper" coupon circulars, postcard ads from Bed Bath and Beyond, the neighborhood rag that advertises unlicensed handyman jobs or polish cleaning ladies and nothing useful. I literally throw 99.5% of all my mail right into the recycle bin.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
You should really get the Target card, man. There is a debit card version! 5% ain't chump change.

I wonder if people realize it's 5% all the time, on everything. Most of these things are x% off your initial purchase.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
We had several feet here in Western Mass a couple years ago, and the snow was 1/2 way up my window. How are houses built in Tahoe to handle that much snow? Wrap around porches and steep pitched roofs?
Stilts. On many houses, the front door is 10' - 15' off the ground with a staircase leading up. When you have 8' snow on the ground, at least your door can open.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I got a PO Box, thinking I'd be good checking a couple times a week, not having to worry about leaving something important in my mailbox.

Nope. In fact I was chastised for not checking it daily because it filled up in a day or two. Just about every piece was junk mail.

I asked them to only give me what is addressed to me directly (no cart sort, everyone gets this, crap). I was told legally they had to give me everything.

Funny thing is, I get mail for the previous two or three owners of the PO Box. USPS is legally required to give me mail that I am legally prohibited from opening.

My favorite? The box of 'adult toys' ordered by the previous box owner who, I can only guess, ordered while drunk, and forgot her new address.

I spent a couple days tracking her down, hoping that when I personally delivered the package she'd be so appreciative that ... Oh, never mind. She was way out of state, so I just wrote return to sender, and shipped it back to the sender.

Bottom line: USPS sucks.

It always annoys me....when I check my mail.

I have everything sent to me online. Bills, tax statements, etc. The only thing that ever gets delivered to my mailbox is junk. I check my mail maybe once a week and it's those big bulky "newspaper" coupon circulars, postcard ads from Bed Bath and Beyond, the neighborhood rag that advertises unlicensed handyman jobs or polish cleaning ladies and nothing useful. I literally throw 99.5% of all my mail right into the recycle bin.

Last edited:

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
We had several feet here in Western Mass a couple years ago, and the snow was 1/2 way up my window. How are houses built in Tahoe to handle that much snow? Wrap around porches and steep pitched roofs?

The roofs and decks are built with the anticipated snow load in mind. These pics are from last week. Since then there was an additional 6 or so feet of snow. Thanks goodness for plow service for the drive way and the guys we pay $18 an hour to clear the roof and decks.

Attachments

• Tahoe House Street - snow.jpg
    Tahoe House Street - snow.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 73
  • Tahoe House Snowy.jpg
    Tahoe House Snowy.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 78

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
When people don't cover their sneezes and coughs. I'm not trying to get sick too.

When people piss on public toilet seats and leave it. Use the damn Urinal.

When people bump very old recruiting threads to ask if there's anything new.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
...when someone pulls out right in front of me and takes his time chugging up to 5 mph below the speed limit.
Horrible . And most of the time when this happens to me it's a $60k -$90k sports car.

Reaction Score
I got a PO Box, thinking I'd be good checking a couple times a week, not having to worry about leaving something important in my mailbox.

Nope. In fact I was chastised for not checking it daily because it filled up in a day or two. Just about every piece was junk mail.

I asked them to only give me what is addressed to me directly (no cart sort, everyone gets this, crap). I was told legally they had to give me everything.

Funny thing is, I get mail for the previous two or three owners of the PO Box. USPS is legally required to give me mail that I am legally prohibited from opening.

My favorite? The box of 'adult toys' ordered by the previous box owner who, I can only guess, ordered while drunk, and forgot her new address.

I spent a couple days tracking her down, hoping that when I personally delivered the package she'd be so appreciative that ... Oh, never mind. She was way out of state, so I just wrote return to sender, and shipped it back to the sender.

Bottom line: USPS sucks.

Dear Penthouse Forum,
I had an amazing experience at the PO Box last week, let me tell you about it.......

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
How about when that dipshit pulls out in front of you and...there is no one behind you?!?

I really need to equip my car with phasers. At a minimum a device that will remote stall the vehicle in front of me for a few minutes.

Reaction Score
People in line wait till their groceries are totaled to take out their checkbook to fill out.
Could have filled out all but the amount while in line, especially when there is a long line.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom