It always annoys me | The Boneyard

It always annoys me

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
when the guys calling games refer to the lane as the paint in arenas where it's not painted.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
When I shop at Target and the cashier asks if I'd like to get a Target credit card and get 5% off my purchase. No douchenozzle, I've been to Target before and would already have a credit card.

When you have TSA Pre-check, pack and dress accordingly only to find out the airport doesn't have designated TSA Pre-check lanes. I'm looking at you Fresno/Yosemite.

When there's lanes merging and the driver in the left lane is perfectly content mirroring the speed of the cars in the right side lane only to tap their brakes and merge behind the right lane traffic.

When you and the Mrs. get done getting done and you're enjoying a beverage in the kitchen and one of your litlins comes in to the kitchen saying "I know what you were doing but I didn't knock because I want a baby brother". (Actually I stole that from the movie Deepwater Horizon, but it was funny).

Any male who thinks wearing a tank top on an airplane is appropriate.

When Rodney Purvis catches the ball while standing on the sideline.

When Brimah wastes three of his five fouls 30' from the basket and/or clearing out the defender with an elbow trying to get position in the paint (regardless of whether is paint or a lane).

When someone in your foursome has a 6 footer to card a triple bogey and they still decide to check the line from both sides of the ball and plumb bob their putter (I've actually walked up to their ball and hit it in to a water hazard when I've seen this done).

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
When I shop at Target and the cashier asks if I'd like to get a Target credit card and get 5% off my purchase. No douchenozzle, I've been to Target before and would already have a credit card.

When you have TSA Pre-check, pack and dress accordingly only to find out the airport doesn't have designated TSA Pre-check lanes. I'm looking at you Fresno/Yosemite.

When there's lanes merging and the driver in the left lane is perfectly content mirroring the speed of the cars in the right side lane only to tap their brakes and merge behind the right lane traffic.

When you and the Mrs. get done getting done and you're enjoying a beverage in the kitchen and one of your litlins comes in to the kitchen saying "I know what you were doing but I didn't knock because I want a baby brother". (Actually I stole that from the movie Deepwater Horizon, but it was funny).

When Brimah wastes three of his five fouls 30' from the basket and/or clearing out the defender with an elbow trying to get position in the paint (regardless of whether is paint or a lane).

When someone in your foursome has a 6 footer to card a triple bogey and they still decide to check the line from both sides of the ball and plumb bob their putter (I've actually walked up to their ball and hit it in to a water hazard when I've seen this done).

Anything else?

Reaction Score

You should really get the Target card, man. There is a debit card version! 5% ain't chump change.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
You should really get the Target card, man. There is a debit card version! 5% ain't chump change.

I understand. Mrs. Chin has one. Target is the nearest store to my home. I mean I'm walking up to the cashier with my weekly 12 pack of Magnum condoms and the cashier's asking me about wanting a Target card? Really muchacha? I got better things to do with my time than filling out credit card applications.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I really hate it when the spring thaw happens and I'm wearing a nice new pair of shoes and happen to step in an old thawed out dookie that a derelict dog owner never picked up. Grinds my gears every single time.

Especially when you start to slip on it and you have to pull a Jean Claude Van Dam while trying to avoid touching the nutsack on the dookie.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
When I go grocery shopping for a family of five and spend about $200- $250 but I have to bag my own groceries . Unbelievable. Nothing annoys me more.
The checkout lane at the grocery store is raw unfiltered hell. I hate every thing about. The 5% chance of a cute cashier can't save it. THEN Just when you think you're done you have to lug the crap in the house and put it away. 1st world problems I know.

This thread reminds me of the thread a couple months ago "dumb things you're bad at" or whatever. I have a new one: tucking in a dress shirt. Always looks bunched up and always comes undone. I'm not the skinniest guy but far from the fattest so I don't think it's a weight thing. Very frustrating.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
I have a new one: tucking in a dress shirt. Always looks bunched up and always comes undone. I'm not the skinniest guy but far from the fattest so I don't think it's a weight thing. Very frustrating.

You need one of these. When my dad was in the military his CO was apparently a stickler for appearance. His shirt had to be perfect ... I know several state cops who also use them.

Amazon.com: Markwort Flexible Rubber Belt: Sports & Outdoors

Last edited:

temery

What?
Reaction Score
With 14 feet at our house in Tahoe in the last 10 days I feel your pain.

We had several feet here in Western Mass a couple years ago, and the snow was 1/2 way up my window. How are houses built in Tahoe to handle that much snow? Wrap around porches and steep pitched roofs?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
It always annoys me when I let someone cut in front of me, then they let someone cut in front of them. That really grinds my gears.

That's called "paying it forward

It always annoys me when you go to get a second opinion and the doc doesn't agree with the first one, so you get a third opinion and that doc doesn't agree with either of the first two.

Reaction Score
My pants never fit the same way two days in a row. Driving me crazy

Reaction Score
You need one of these. When my dad was in the military his CO was apparently a stickler for appearance. His shirt had to be perfect ... I know several state cops who also use them.

Amazon.com: Markwort Flexible Rubber Belt: Sports & Outdoors
Wait.. WHAT?! Aren't these guy girdles? When you are in non-urinal bathroom do you take it off and hang it on the hook? If you have one do you cut it down to size but leave a little overhang for the winter months? Seems like it'd just make you very warm around the mid-section which would be a way worse problem then having to tuck your shirt back in a few times a day.

The young folk are buying tapered or even custom tailored shirts which you can get for pretty cheap these days. Eliminates the problem at the source, stupidly made shirts made just as wide at waist as they are at shoulders. As long as they make the shirts long enough (shirt coming all the way out showing skin or undershirt much worse) tapered is better and we should all gradually upgrade our wardrobes.

In practice what you preach hypocrisy, pretty sure that today I'm wearing a shirt that is 17yrs old (used to wear it with a particular tie pre-business casual)!

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
The way a plow driver will refill your driveway after you just dug out really makes me hot under the collar.
I am on board. Here in Central PA it seems snow is rare. It drops ice mostly. A couple of times the plow would come buy and push chunks, and I do mean chunks of ice in your driveway. Try snow blowing that. T
It always annoys me when I let someone cut in front of me, then they let someone cut in front of them. That really grinds my gears.

hen the post office says we cannot bring your mail.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I would like to echo what Tom posted above. I live in Central PA and it annoys the out of me the impatient drivers in this area. I am so lucky that I have traveled a lot during my life. However, what I see here is unbelievable and frightening. An everyday occurrence. People would pull out in front of you where you have to hit your brakes. You look in your review mirror and there isn't anybody behind you. Same event however they take a quick right, no signal light. So they pull out, you hit your breaks, take a quick right, hit brakes again. Another annoyance where I can see that road rage happens. Happens to me often. Not the road rage, but close. Never seen it anywhere else. Driving, 45-50 mph speed limit. Stretch of the road is 8 miles. Car in front is doing 30-35. No passing lanes. You keep a safe distance. Finally passing lane comes up, you then put your signal light on and start to pass. Driver in front, speeds up not to let you in. Oncoming traffic, you slam on your brakes and hope to get back in line. This is a common event in the area I am in. Don't get me started.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom