It’s UConn/USC on Thursday | Page 5 | The Boneyard

It’s UConn/USC on Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm pretty excited about the frontcourt matchup on Thursday night.

Our guards will probably torture them, but they do have some star power. Nice to see Eaddy finally get a chance.

Reaction Score
USC is going to be a top 25 team soon and hopefully we will be as well. This game should be good and close, USC is ready and we've had plenty of time to practice now. No excuses, need to play a solid game..it's a toss up down to the wire.

Also....it's great to have CBB back and to really feel like a relevant program again. We had flashes in the last 6 years but damn it was mostly pretty brutal. Thank you UConn players, DH, BE....now let's reclaim our legacy and build on it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
uconn better be ready.

nova destroyed uhart
We were destroying them too until the refs decided to call a foul on every possession. If they didn’t score in garbage time the last 30 seconds we still win by 16. Not worried

Reaction Score
Wow love the confidence in our guards. Hoping they score against USC will need to make shots, but they will be tested on the other end. Interesting match up Danny needs to play bigger more often which I sure hope he does.

Reaction Score
2 part question: when do we leave for Mohegan? And, do we get any practice time while we are in the bubble?

Reaction Score
2 part question: when do we leave for Mohegan? And, do we get any practice time while we are in the bubble?
We’re already there, I think the rule is you have to be in Mohegan 2 days before your game

Reaction Score
And, do we get any practice time while we are in the bubble?
703B5B0D-364D-4623-9156-EF2E679C968B.jpeg

Reaction Score
They will need to use all the fouls of Carlton, springs and brown

I hope not. We put other teams in the bonus too quickly as it is, usually because of our guards and wings fouling 20ft or more from the hoop.

Reaction Score
I think it was Matt Norlander but someone on twitter shared a couple pics from the practice courts. Basically they put some courts down in what looks like a parking garage without all the pillars.

Reaction Score

The Huskies — like USC against BYU — have their first proving-ground moment of the season. This is the case because Connecticut’s originally scheduled game for Tuesday against Vanderbilt was cancelled due to a COVID-19 complication within the Vanderbilt program.

Had Connecticut played Vanderbilt, the Huskies’ need to prove themselves might have been manifested in that game against the Commodores. Instead, it’s USC which has to brace for the uncertainty of an opponent which is a largely unknown quantity… but has a lot to play for, and might have the same chip on the shoulder USC displayed versus BYU.

Reaction Score
Lousy interconference results by other Big East teams is making the USC & NC State games even more important. Providence, St Johns, Georgetown, Marquette, Seton Hall, Xavier, and Villanova have all essentially failed to get important wins, lost poorly, lost to weak teams, played average teams too close, or were upset. Now I assume our conference loses aren't going to be offset as much by the presumed strength of the conference. Reputation means a lot. Seton Hall, Xavier, and Villanova at least pass the 'eye test'. Providence has sucked, Georgetown loses to Navy, St Johns let BC come back 20 points in minutes with their wild style and showed no poise in the last minute, and Marquette wasn't competitive with Okl St. Villanova gets tripped up, and Creighton, Depaul, and Butler have just been out of the loop so far against good competition. Not many key out of conference games left for the other teams to make their mark. It is up to us to win and keep winning. Pressure, pressure, pressure.

Reaction Score
Lousy interconference results by other Big East teams is making the USC & NC State games even more important. Providence, St Johns, Georgetown, Marquette, Seton Hall, Xavier, and Villanova have all essentially failed to get important wins, lost poorly, lost to weak teams, played average teams too close, or were upset. Now I assume our conference loses aren't going to be offset as much by the presumed strength of the conference. Reputation means a lot. Seton Hall, Xavier, and Villanova at least pass the 'eye test'. Providence has sucked, Georgetown loses to Navy, St Johns let BC come back 20 points in minutes with their wild style and showed no poise in the last minute, and Marquette wasn't competitive with Okl St. Villanova gets tripped up, and Creighton, Depaul, and Butler have just been out of the loop so far against good competition. Not many key out of conference games left for the other teams to make their mark. It is up to us to win and keep winning. Pressure, pressure, pressure.
I get where you're coming from but even Georgetown who is awful is KenPom 100. Things will change depending on timing but as of today we'd have 10 Q1 games, 8 Q2 games, 2 Q3 games in conference. That's plenty to get in with strong conference play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom