It’s Time To Get Serious | The Boneyard

It’s Time To Get Serious

Reaction Score
We have some work to do but we can compete in this league. We’re heading out to Boise to watch the Huskies battle the Broncos. Experience gained from the sheer speed of UCF’s play calling should have the defense playing better this week against the Broncos uptempo offense. Fewer turnovers alone will assure a much more competitive game.
BTW, I believe the comments about a dejected bench on Thursday night were less about game performance and more about how many of the non Edsall recruits are feeling now that the word is out that but for a small contingent, Edsall has committed to moving forward this year with his recruits, leaving the others lower on the depth chart as essentially spot players. That may be a smart move in a rebuilding effort but it’s bummed out some of the guys. Especially when they saw the young pups struggling.
Things will be better in Boise. More scoring and no Heisman QB to contend with.
Can’t wait to see the blue field. Hope lots of you are going.

Reaction Score
It's amazing that Diaco's recruits with 3 years of growth and conditioning can't beat out a bunch of skinny kids for playing time. RKG's, though.
This is the truth. I remember when we beat UVA here. It was the worst win I've ever sat through. It became apparent to me, that other than Sherrifs and Peart, the guys contributing were all P recruits.

Reaction Score
This is the truth. I remember when we beat UVA here. It was the worst win I've ever sat through. It became apparent to me, that other than Sherrifs and Peart, the guys contributing were all P recruits.

Can’t tell if you are being sarcastic?

Reaction Score
We have some work to do but we can compete in this league. We’re heading out to Boise to watch the Huskies battle the Broncos. Experience gained from the sheer speed of UCF’s play calling should have the defense playing better this week against the Broncos uptempo offense. Fewer turnovers alone will assure a much more competitive game.
BTW, I believe the comments about a dejected bench on Thursday night were less about game performance and more about how many of the non Edsall recruits are feeling now that the word is out that but for a small contingent, Edsall has committed to moving forward this year with his recruits, leaving the others lower on the depth chart as essentially spot players. That may be a smart move in a rebuilding effort but it’s bummed out some of the guys. Especially when they saw the young pups struggling.
Things will be better in Boise. More scoring and no Heisman QB to contend with.
Can’t wait to see the blue field. Hope lots of you are going.
Sadly another blow-out similar to Thursday coming up against the Broncos. I hope you enjoy Boise, it is a very nice city as I don't think you will enjoy the game much. That being said, I hope that I am wrong about the result of the game.

Last edited:

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Can’t tell if you are being sarcastic?

No sarcasm there.

Two years ago, I did a position-for-position analysis of PPs recruits versus DCs. For the most part, DCs recruits were unable to overtake PPs recruits, even though DC was the one that had recruited them.

Edsall does not appear to have any issues with his recruits overtaking DCs recruits now, either...

Reaction Score
Yeah, this game is not going to be close. Score could actually be worse than Thursday.

I actually think UCONN can win 3-4 games this season based off what I saw Thursday (I previously thought 1-2), But they aren’t competing with Boise or Syracuse.

Let’s just to continue to focus on incremental improvement each week and then beating teams like East carolina

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I can only think of one major contributor from last year that seems to have landed deep on the Edsall bench that matters and that is Skanes. Skanes should be in there for Mauriseau. Mauriseau should play his freshman four games and save the red shirt and put Skanes back in his spot. Mauriseau is supposed to have legit speed and a good route runner, but Skanes has experience and I would think is stronger which does influence a game (unlike practice).

Who else from last year is inexplicably buried?

Davis, crozier, Peart, Leone, DeGeorge, Hergy, McLean, Tahj, Dixon, Beals, Fortt, Coyle and Atkins still out there from the Diaco era.

I guess you could say Okounam and apparently Gilmartin - both got snaps last year - seem to be buried too.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I can only think of one major contributor from last year that seems to have landed deep on the Edsall bench that matters and that is Skanes. Skanes should be in there for Mauriseau. Mauriseau should play his freshman four games and save the red shirt and put Skanes back in his spot. Mauriseau is supposed to have legit speed and a good route runner, but Skanes has experience and I would think is stronger which does influence a game (unlike practice).

Davis, crozier, Peart, Leone, DeGeorge, Hergy, McLean, Tahj, Dixon, Beals, Fortt, Coyle and Atkins still out there from the Diaco era.

I guess you could say Okounam and apparently Gilmartin - both got snaps last year - seem to be buried too.

Offensive line and possibly wide reciever are the only areas where you can say Diaco did a decent job. AMD even that is difficult to know, because youngsters are breaking into the 2-deep in an area where juniors and seniors should be playing exclusively. 300 pounders out of high school are either rare or not very strong...

Edit: i'm not going to include WR in that mix. We don't have a Geremy Davis or Noel Thomas level WR out there. We just don't...

Reaction Score

Gilmartin got a lot of snaps Thursday from what I saw.

Reaction Score
Okay, I really didn’t notice. Saw lots of Jones, Beavers, Eli Thomas and Sterling. No Hahn and never noticed Gilmartin.

I didn’t see Hahn either. The reason I noticed Gilmartin is because they used him on blitzes several times and he was stuffed each time.

Reaction Score
As long as I dont see wide recievers wide open with nobody within 15 yards of them Ill be fine. Also, hope theyre doing tackling drills in practice, they need to wrap up more. I agree with you this game will probably be better, crossing my fingers that Pindell doesnt get hurt.

Reaction Score
It's amazing that Diaco's recruits with 3 years of growth and conditioning can't beat out a bunch of skinny kids for playing time. RKG's, though.
Well .... Ever heard of the long game? I am skeptical about who truly beat out whom.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Since Thurdsay, I have been thinking about why I think this team looks better even though the D couldn't stop anyone and the O could run at all nor could it avoid critical turnovers. I have come to the conclusion that last season guys looked out of position on nearly every single play, the were easily run around and over, they blew assignments on most plays. They were regularly embarrassed in all three phases.

I didn't see that Thursday. Sure there were mistakes, a few big ones but in spite of being outclassed I wouldn't say they were embarrassed and if UCF isn't a Top 25 team, they are surely a Top 25 offense. Boise embarrassed Troy, they too look like a dangerous offense. If we can go on the road a look better than last week, then I think we can look forward to the rest of the schedule.

Reaction Score
After being on board for a period, a fictitious new sales manager still seriously considered sticking with a generally less-than-stellar performing crew of sales reps. Then, he recruited some newbies, observed the performance of the more experienced versus newer recruited reps, and decided to stick with all of the ongoing less-than-stellar under performing reps. Performance and perceived upside potential, seriously doesn't matter. :rolleyes:

Not surprisingly, HCRE appears more serious about making serious player personnel decisions than the fictitious new sales manager.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah, this game is not going to be close. Score could actually be worse than Thursday.

I actually think UCONN can win 3-4 games this season based off what I saw Thursday (I previously thought 1-2), But they aren’t competing with Boise or Syracuse.

Let’s just to continue to focus on incremental improvement each week and then beating teams like East carolina
Cuse, Memphis, and Boise will all hang 50 on our D although we should score a few more points.
Victories against the other teams will all depend on our ability to keep the other offenses on the field longer than UCF.

Reaction Score
I’m most concerned about a 10:15 ET start and then a trip back across the country to play a noon game the following weekend. After factoring in time change/travel/sleep disruptions that’s going to feel like a five day week.

Reaction Score
Okay, I really didn’t notice. Saw lots of Jones, Beavers, Eli Thomas and Sterling. No Hahn and never noticed Gilmartin.
Saw a lot of Sterling don't remember much if any of Gilmartin.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom