It’s official! Welcome back Jamelle!! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

It’s official! Welcome back Jamelle!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Cinnamon Lister begins her second year as an assistant coach with the UC Irvine women’s basketball program in 2020-21.

Last season, Lister helped the Anteaters take second in the Big West, marking their best conference finish since 1997-98. She worked closely with the guards in a year where the ‘Eaters established single-season school records in 3-pointers made (224) and attempted (701). They also saw a jump in their efficiency, shooting 32% from beyond the arc. In addition, UCI averaged a league-leading 65.6 points in Big West play. Lister was recognized for her impact on the program as she was named to the WBCA Thirty Under 30.

View attachment 57050

Lister came to UC Irvine after spending the 2018-19 season as an assistant at Princeton where she helped lead the Tigers to the Ivy League regular season and tournament championships. Prior to entering the collegiate coaching ranks, Lister played overseas for three different professional teams in Morocco and Cyprus. She has also been an administrative director and skills instructor at Nike/US Sports Camps since 2010, and spent over eight years working as a coach at The Works Sports Academy.

Lister is a Southern California native and played two years at CSUN after transferring from Boise State. She was part of the 2014 and 2015 Matador teams that won back-to-back Big West Tournaments. A two-time all-conference selection, Lister graduated with a bachelor's degree in communication studies (2015).
Is that photo really Cinnamon? It sure looks a lot like her sister. :)

Reaction Score
Cinnamon Lister begins her second year as an assistant coach with the UC Irvine women’s basketball program in 2020-21.

Last season, Lister helped the Anteaters take second in the Big West, marking their best conference finish since 1997-98. She worked closely with the guards in a year where the ‘Eaters established single-season school records in 3-pointers made (224) and attempted (701). They also saw a jump in their efficiency, shooting 32% from beyond the arc. In addition, UCI averaged a league-leading 65.6 points in Big West play. Lister was recognized for her impact on the program as she was named to the WBCA Thirty Under 30.

View attachment 57050

Lister came to UC Irvine after spending the 2018-19 season as an assistant at Princeton where she helped lead the Tigers to the Ivy League regular season and tournament championships. Prior to entering the collegiate coaching ranks, Lister played overseas for three different professional teams in Morocco and Cyprus. She has also been an administrative director and skills instructor at Nike/US Sports Camps since 2010, and spent over eight years working as a coach at The Works Sports Academy.

Lister is a Southern California native and played two years at CSUN after transferring from Boise State. She was part of the 2014 and 2015 Matador teams that won back-to-back Big West Tournaments. A two-time all-conference selection, Lister graduated with a bachelor's degree in communication studies (2015).
Does anyone know what happened to OUR Janet Lister?

Reaction Score
Am I the only one on the Boneyard whose heart skipped a beat when he read the words "It's official!" because he thought the next words would be good news about a certain recruit whose name rhymes with Shmazzi Rudd?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Does anyone know what happened to OUR Janet Lister?

JASMINE Lister.

After leave of absence, UConn assistant will not return -
Jasmine Lister has resigned as an assistant coach at UConn, the school announced Tuesday May 5, 2020.

Lister took a leave of absence for personal reasons this winter, midway through her second season with the team. She had been away from her post since January 9, when a university spokesperson said she wasn’t feeling well.

“I am grateful for my time spent with the UConn women’s basketball program,” Lister said in a release. “I have learned a lot from Coach Auriemma, the coaching staff and the student-athletes. They have been supportive of me during my time away. Thank you to the entire UConn family and I look forward to the future.”

A former Vanderbilt player and UConn graduate assistant from 2014-16, Lister was named assistant coach for the Huskies before the 2018 season following stints at DePaul and Washington.

We discussed it here in the yard after the news broke. It was suggested and acknowledged that the reason for her departure from the program was a private matter that she nor the school had a duty to make public. We all agreed that it was none of our business, we have no right to know, so we left it alone and moved on. That is where it stands today. That's a body that the boneyard collective is not interested to trying to exhume.

We were very happy to have her for the brief time she was here. We all wish her well. She will no doubt turn up again in another program and resume her coaching career.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Am I the only one on the Boneyard whose heart skipped a beat when he read the words "It's official!" because he thought the next words would be good news about a certain recruit whose name rhymes with Shmazzi Rudd?
Yup, you are. :)

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Is that photo really Cinnamon? It sure looks a lot like her sister. :)

Maybe this will help.

1595967860457.png

Here they are together. Which is which? :eek: I believe Jasmine is on the left. :)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
JASMINE Lister.

After leave of absence, UConn assistant will not return -
Jasmine Lister has resigned as an assistant coach at UConn, the school announced Tuesday May 5, 2020.

Lister took a leave of absence for personal reasons this winter, midway through her second season with the team. She had been away from her post since January 9, when a university spokesperson said she wasn’t feeling well.

“I am grateful for my time spent with the UConn women’s basketball program,” Lister said in a release. “I have learned a lot from Coach Auriemma, the coaching staff and the student-athletes. They have been supportive of me during my time away. Thank you to the entire UConn family and I look forward to the future.”

A former Vanderbilt player and UConn graduate assistant from 2014-16, Lister was named assistant coach for the Huskies before the 2018 season following stints at DePaul and Washington.

We discussed it here in the yard after the news broke. It was suggested and acknowledged that the reason for her departure from the program was a private matter that she nor the school had a duty to make public. We all agreed that it was none of our business, we have no right to know, so we left it alone and moved on. That is where it stands today. That's a body that the boneyard collective is not interested to trying to exhume.

We were very happy to have her for the brief time she was here. We all wish her well. She will no doubt turn up again in another program and resume her coaching career.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom