It’s fun to watch college basketball again | The Boneyard

It’s fun to watch college basketball again

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
For the past 5+ years, it’s been really tough to enjoy watching college basketball (other than UConn, but they been tough to watch at times too) because of our situation being in the AAC and many losing seasons.

The past few weeks I’ve been able to tune into random games and actually enjoy watching college basketball again. We finally are coming back into the national picture, the team has improved greatly, the fan base is re-energized and we are going back home to a much better conference next year.

Anyone else feel this way?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
For the past 5+ years, it’s been really tough to enjoy watching college basketball (other than UConn, but they been tough to watch at times too) because of our situation being in the AAC and many losing seasons.

The past few weeks I’ve been able to tune into random games and actually enjoy watching college basketball again. We finally are coming back into the national picture, the team has improved greatly, the fan base is re-energized and we are going back home to a much better conference next year.

Same

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Affirmative.

Reaction Score

Yeah I basically never watched any non UConn game until the NCAA tournament the past few years. Now I'm turning on a few games basically every night

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score

Just out eating dinner with my wife, sitting at the bar they had Duke/UVA on, and I found myself watching closely for the first time in a long time (somewhat to her dismay}. And I found myself comparing the execution to what we showed this afternoon - we were, particularly in the first half, better.

Yes, college hoop is becoming enjoyable again. And in case you’re wondering, halftime saved me.;)

Goatmeat

Puncher of Goats
Reaction Score
Agreed. I watched UConn from the late 80s to 2104 almost religiously, and would read about cbb with my free time. I’ve admittedly been checked out for the last few years because I couldn’t get into the competition at all. I don’t care about schools like Tulsa, Ecu, etc. really excited about this team and the NBE.

Reaction Score

1000%
Strategic like-provoking comment as well

Reaction Score
I still can't stand the fact that the NCAA has looked the other way when other programs have had major violations like UNC or Kansas .I think once we are back in the Big East I'll tune into more games but I don't have cable anymore and can't say I miss ESPN other than the UConn games. I much prefer the announcing crews of the other networks.

Reaction Score
I have really enjoyed the last 5 years
brace-yourselves-we-fg3nv9.jpg

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I love college hoops so I can watch it anytime
If UConn is playing as I expect them too it is not only important but most enjoyable

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Fully agree. When UCONN not playing I actively seek out random Big East games. Fun season and really looking forward to next year.

Been starting to watch a lot of Big East games. The crowds at every game are awesome, the level of play is elite, the TV viewing / commentary is top notch and I’m super pumped we get to be apart of that again next year.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Been starting to watch a lot of Big East games. The crowds at every game are awesome, the level of play is elite, the TV viewing / commentary is top notch and I’m super pumped we get to be apart of that again next year.

If I have time to watch more than UConn I look for BE games first.

Reaction Score
I’ve told all my friends that are UConn fans that I’ve felt physical pain during these last five seasons. Similar to a punch to the gut after every loss. I’ve been miserable since we’ve moved to this conference. Im beyond ecstatic to know that we won’t have to play the likes of a Tulane, Tulsa, SMU, ECU, and the rest of them clowns.

Reaction Score
UVA's emergence has coincided nicely with uconns soul searching years so I've still stayed interested but it's just not the same without the Huskies being hungry

The program has that energy and excitement about it again and it's going to be a fun time reclaiming the big east throne

Reaction Score
I've discovered Big East teams on FS1 and FS2. I used to sorta fly by those channels. Excited about the future.

Reaction Score
I'm excited for our program now. I've seen some very positive things happen this season that have impressed me. I've always been a CBB fan and always feel better about the season when we are in the mix. We need to be relevant in the CBB landscape, the Earth rotates properly when we are. I'm happy to be leaving the American and heading back to the BE. The American has never held anything for me and half my excitement for our squad is leaving this disaster conference behind.

Reaction Score
No. I was a huge fan of college basketball. Would watch any interesting game and lots of Big East games. With our banishment to this crappy conference, and the b.s. that we've had to deal with the NCAA, I hate every other team, and every other conference, and the NCAA. I can't watch any game that doesn't involve UConn. I still enjoy reading that BC, Duke, UNC, Cuse and Kentucky lose, but I can't even watch them lose.

Reaction Score
No. I was a huge fan of college basketball. Would watch any interesting game and lots of Big East games. With our banishment to this crappy conference, and the b.s. that we've had to deal with the NCAA, I hate every other team, and every other conference, and the NCAA. I can't watch any game that doesn't involve UConn. I still enjoy reading that BC, Duke, UNC, Cuse and Kentucky lose, but I can't even watch them lose.
+1

I’m not quite close to able to watch other P5 games that aren’t smaller schools. I will prob never be too into P5 games since the system is rigged. I will watch A-10 and smaller leagues, watch Rhode Island a lot, feel like they are going to fall off a cliff next year if Fatts moves on. He’s really fun to watch & Dowtin is a Sr.

have watched some Big east but still hard seeing kids like Myles Powell, who begged for a UConn offer and Ollie was too dumb to extend that offer.

so thankful that batch of diallo, Bruce brown, Justin Jackson, abu, et al went pro when all should have been Huskies Or at least gotten a large # of them. That’s helped a lot! Ollie couldn’t close for sh&t!

agree with the poster who said tough to care about UNC, Arizona, most of the SEC, kansas et al rampant cheaters, no repercussions.

so excited to watch big east hoops! Never been to BET, def going Next year.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
If I have time to watch more than UConn I look for BE games first.
I also find myself watching AAC games and looking for certain teams to lose that will help UConn in the standings. Everything is better when UConn is winning.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Just yesterday I told my wife that this has been, BY FAR, the most fun I've had following our Huskies in years. It's even been more fun than the year we won our most recent title. I think it's because of those dark days...home losses by 20+ to Nova/Wichita State...no Big Dance since 2016. We can see the light now! I've always watched college hoops, but this has been a fun year watching UCONN hoops.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom