It’s Cow Appreciation Day | The Boneyard

It’s Cow Appreciation Day

Reaction Score
It's cow appreciation day! Be sure to tip your cow!
The only down side is that the cows don't know how to handle the tips.

How are they going to place a bet on the third race in Santa Anita?

Reaction Score
I spent a day off a cruise ship at The Azores, and there were tons of cows almost everywhere,
Don't we have a young lady, Innes Bettencourt from The Azores? It would be interesting to ask her about the cow situation there. I happen to like her and her game....from my end she seems like a real nice young lady. We were told that the area is known for it's cows. I recall it being a stopping point for airlines to refuel back in the day.

Reaction Score
Hay everybody, check out the mascot for Williams College.

Personally, I’m waiting for December 13th.

Reaction Score
That’s Elsie. She’s 78 years old. Not to date myself —

1689101425911.jpeg

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
All this cow talk, reminded me of this song. (it was either this or Kid Rock, not sure I spared you)

I Wanna Be a Cowboy - Boys Don't Cry

Reaction Score
That's great.

I will observe with a bacon cheeseburger.

Reaction Score
My wife and I had a family cow about 10 years ago for a few years. We hand milked it twice daily and got about 3 gallons daily- we drank a lot, sold some, made cheese, and just gave some away. It was raw milk (not pasteurized) and was delicious! We met a guy who made serious home brew beer and he wanted raw milk for his family- we had a nice trade going, we'd give him two half gallons of milk and received in return a gallon of his beer which was fantastic. Caring for and milking our cow- Dawn- was a lot of work at times and during summer with flies it wasn't always fun, but there were plenty of times when it was just a beautiful activity. On a nice morning with the sun just up, to have the cow in its stand and you squeeze out the milk with your head against its flank, the milk splashing into the bucket below- it was calming and made the whole world seem right. When we moved away, we found a local private school that had a farm program for kids and were looking for a cow, so Dawn got a new home.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom