It’s about time | Page 3 | The Boneyard

It’s about time

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Cincy fans are arguing a foul occurred at point one on the clock in another screen grab. In my opinion not just as a UConn fan it’s a good no call because in that moment Cumberland is still on the floor hasn’t started to shoot. Why would they call a foul on Vital, while he did leave his feet, the refs weren’t gonna end the game on a foul on the floor with no shooting motion. I do agree a foul could’ve been called if there was actual time on the clock when Cumberland went up into Vital who left his feet but that was after the clock hit 0. We were due some luck at some point.

Cumberland ran over Carlton on the 2nd to last possession of regulation and there was no foul, so we'll call it even. If a foul even occured (which I don't think it did).

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Cumberland ran over Carlton on the 2nd to last possession of regulation and there was no foul, so we'll call it even. If a foul even occured (which I don't think it did).
100% they swallowed the whistle at key moments to end the regulation, could’ve easily called a travel or a push off multiple times on Cumberland. That to me was the sign the refs weren’t going to make a foul call to end it. Also I don’t think the replay at the end of regulation was enough to reverse the call on the floor even if it was off of Bouk.

Reaction Score
And the foul was after the buzzer
I thought the light was on before the "foul". I also thought that there was a charge by Cinci. Also, the announcers at the end were disgusting, not saying anything about the incorrect call reversal, but complaining about the final "no call".

Reaction Score
First of all... what a win! Why wasn't AG or Jalen in the game during OT to run the offense? CV is not a PG and he almost single handedly lost the game. Don't get me wrong, I love his tenacity and he was pestering Cumberland the whole game. But is he ever going to stop trying playing hero ball? What was up with that last 3 he took? I am going to stop complaining now. Way to go Huskies!
I don't think AG would have helped against the huge Cinci players at that particular time.

Reaction Score
First of all... what a win! Why wasn't AG or Jalen in the game during OT to run the offense? CV is not a PG and he almost single handedly lost the game. Don't get me wrong, I love his tenacity and he was pestering Cumberland the whole game. But is he ever going to stop trying playing hero ball? What was up with that last 3 he took? I am going to stop complaining now. Way to go Huskies!
Seriously? You wanted AG in the game in overtime to run the offense? Haven’t you seen that movie enough times to know what the ending would be? Hurley managed this game great, if AG is content being a bench player and not in down the stretch, he provides good value and everyone wins.

Reaction Score
Dumb??? How would you know a 3 was designed for Vital? Up 1 with the ball. Take the high percentage shot. Make it (hopefully) and now up 3.
It was a clearly designed play. Bouk had the option to drive and Vital coming off a screen. Options for your 2 best players. Blame Hurley or Bouk for passing the ball.

Reaction Score
It was clearly a designed set. Vital came off a double screen. It’s a set they run all the time for him. Do you think the team went rogue or Hurley in the huddle was like “yeah so just do whatever you want.” I’m sure if the guy who set the pick was open on the roll, that would have been an option as well, but he wasn’t.
You're wrong, the play was for Bouknight to have the ball and make a play. Hurley wanted him to dribble into an elbow pull up like he has been doing.

Reaction Score
Refs should never swallow the whistle near the end of games. Officiate the last minute the same as the first, otherwise illegal play is encouraged. Full disclosure : I am a former basketball ref.

Reaction Score
Am I correct that the use of replay is to correct OBVIOUS errors.on out of bounds plays . I challenge anyone to say that the ball was obviously off Uconn . The ball itself obscures players behind it . The original call was Uconn ball. I cant believe there was sufficient evidence to reverse the call.

Reaction Score
Am I correct that the use of replay is to correct OBVIOUS errors.on out of bounds plays . I challenge anyone to say that the ball was obviously off Uconn . The ball itself obscures players behind it . The original call was Uconn ball. I cant believe there was sufficient evidence to reverse the call.
Couldn’t agree more. The announcer was saying it was clearly off us but I saw it going off Williams’ arm. Was unclear enough that it should have never been overturned.

Reaction Score
Totally agree. They should get 10 seconds. If it is not obvious, play on. These replay reviews kill the flow of the game.

Reaction Score
Along delay, and then they overturned the correct call with the wrong call. If we lose this game like that this board would go from zero to crazy in 6 seconds.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
tenor.gif

Reaction Score
Growing pains...we’ve been dealing with them all season, but now we’re beginning to see the fruits of these guys labor. Especially the young guys

Reaction Score
Refs should never swallow the whistle near the end of games. Officiate the last minute the same as the first, otherwise illegal play is encouraged. Full disclosure : I am a former basketball ref.
Wait what? "near the end of games"? I think you meant to say "Refs should never swallow the whistle". Period. Full stop. I am joking a bit because I think I know what you are saying.

Reaction Score
Seriously? You wanted AG in the game in overtime to run the offense? Haven’t you seen that movie enough times to know what the ending would be? Hurley managed this game great, if AG is content being a bench player and not in down the stretch, he provides good value and everyone wins.
I’m the biggest AG supporter around but today just wasn’t the day for him. Hurley had to decide between Adams Ag or Gaffney and he went with who played best today. Adams. We have options now between all 3 down the stretch. Hurley can ride the hot hand. A Good problem to have.

Reaction Score

Is it really that simple?

Ref's don't call every foul because it would wreck the flow of the game. So if there's a tickey-tack foul that doesn't result in a change of possession or otherwise impact things they often let it go. In addition, they are human and make mistakes. If they realize they did, they make a make up call to hopefully even things out, so that the play on the court determines the winner - not them.

In this case, the refs somehow decided that the video evidence was enough to overturn the on court call. To anyone who saw the multiple replays of the out of bounds it was anything but clear cut, despite what the moron announcers were trying to sell. Given the reasonable doubt that must have existed in their heads, the only way to sort of even things out would have been to swallow their whistles and see what happens on the court. Bearcats got the ball, but they don't get the ball and the call.

Reaction Score
I never said whether or not refs should/shouldn't call a "ticky-tack" foul. I said the game should be called consistently throughout. And if a ref thinks he "blew" a call, he should NEVER do a "make-up" call". Blown calls will likely even out over the course of a game, and if not

Ref's don't call every foul because it would wreck the flow of the game. So if there's a tickey-tack foul that doesn't result in a change of possession or otherwise impact things they often let it go. In addition, they are human and make mistakes. If they realize they did, they make a make up call to hopefully even things out, so that the play on the court determines the winner - not them.

In this case, the refs somehow decided that the video evidence was enough to overturn the on court call. To anyone who saw the multiple replays of the out of bounds it was anything but clear cut, despite what the moron announcers were trying to sell. Given the reasonable doubt that must have existed in their heads, the only way to sort of even things out would have been to swallow their whistles and see what happens on the court. Bearcats got the ball, but they don't get the ball and the call.

QUOTE="mussels, post: 3432435, member: 5722"]
Is it really that simpl
[/QUOTE]

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom