Isuneh “Ice” Brady drops 31 points (video) | The Boneyard

Isuneh “Ice” Brady drops 31 points (video)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
That was fun to watch. Ice has decent "ups" for a "big" girl. She obviously needs to ratchet up the intensity and keep her arms up on defense. She also needs to work on better positioning on boxing out. But she has a great frame, is athletic for her size, has a sweet jumper, hits the 3 with consistency, can finish with both hands, blocks without the "tomahawk chop", has a good handle for a big, and is very coachable.

I'm really excited to see how she develops at UCONN. She has all the tools to be great.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Enjoy! For those who need to be reminded who Ice is UConn women sign top recruits Isuneh Brady and Ayanna Patterson

While I don't follow the recruiting game that close, I follow it close enough to know that Geno and UConn hit two 450' homeruns by landing these two recruits. BOTH of them are "certified" ballers. They have, and continue to exhibit that mentality and grit. Brady has already shown she will show up in BIG games. She did so regularly last year in the city and state playoffs.

No magic tricks for these two. They'll show up, and show up to play. As I gaze into my crystal ball, I see a lot of "meaningful minutes" for them next year. We lose 3 (assuming Dorka comes back as previously reported) seniors after this season. The need is there for some "new blood" to infuse this team, and return it to the days of yesteryear (2012-2016). Geno tells his players: "give me a reason to play you, or keep you on the bench." There is no doubt in my mind what-so-ever that Brandy and Patterson will give Geno reasons to play them. Geno said he asks potential recruits this question: "Can you be great when I need you to be?" It's not hard to guess what their answer was. :rolleyes:

So far, this has been a very unforgettable season. With the resumptions of the COVID-19 protocols, the defections and the rash of injuries. I the win over Creighton Sunday was the beginning of our ship turning around and heading in the right direction. We're by no means out of the woods yet. We still have 21 games to play, including games with Oregon, and two top 5 teams in #5 Tennessee and #1 South Carolina.

The addition of Patterson, Brady and perhaps a player via the portal will be a welcomed addition to our team. UConn has 7 games in the next 19 days, beginning with Butler tomorrow. That's not counting the 4 conference games against Marquette, DePaul, Villanova and Georgetown that must be rescheduled. UConn is going to playing a lot of basketball during the next 3 weeks. Lots of open dates for make up games.

Reaction Score
While I don't follow the recruiting game that close, I follow it close enough to know that Geno and UConn hit two 450' homeruns by landing these two recruits. BOTH of them are "certified" ballers. They have, and continue to exhibit that mentality and grit. Brady has already shown she will show up in BIG games. She did so regularly last year in the city and state playoffs.

No magic tricks for these two. They'll show up, and show up to play. As I gaze into my crystal ball, I see a lot of "meaningful minutes" for them next year. We lose 3 (assuming Dorka comes back as previously reported) seniors after this season. The need is there for some "new blood" to infuse this team, and return it to the days of yesteryear (2012-2016). Geno tells his players: "give me a reason to play you, or keep you on the bench." There is no doubt in my mind what-so-ever that Brandy and Patterson will give Geno reasons to play them. Geno said he asks potential recruits this question: "Can you be great when I need you to be?" It's not hard to guess what their answer was. :rolleyes:

So far, this has been a very unforgettable season. With the resumptions of the COVID-19 protocols, the defections and the rash of injuries. I the win over Creighton Sunday was the beginning of our ship turning around and heading in the right direction. We're by no means out of the woods yet. We still have 21 games to play, including games with Oregon, and two top 5 teams in #5 Tennessee and #1 South Carolina.

The addition of Patterson, Brady and perhaps a player via the portal will be a welcomed addition to our team. UConn has 7 games in the next 19 days, beginning with Butler tomorrow. That's not counting the 4 conference games against Marquette, DePaul, Villanova and Georgetown that must be rescheduled. UConn is going to playing a lot of basketball during the next 3 weeks. Lots of open dates for make up games.
They wouldn't dare answer no so they must all answer yes. Isn't that how he gets the ones that can't? ;)

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Pretty high level of competition for high school. Those top tier private schools recruit like colleges and it shows. Augers well for Brady’s preparation for Div. 1 play. I also liked Taryn Johnson (#5) on the Cathedral Catholic team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom