Isaiah Whaley Merrimack Postgame | The Boneyard

Isaiah Whaley Merrimack Postgame

Reaction Score
I’m trying not to get hyped until I see Whaley play against a larger sample of adequate size and strength. His athleticism has been better than I expected, and as he knows, bulking up would have a massive impact on his game.

I’d keep Cobb and Diarra as the starters for the bigger lineup, but I’m really pleased with the frontcourt depth right now. There’s a lot of options for when someone is having an off night.

Now they need to get Jalen’s shot going and help Gilbert get back into his groove.

Reaction Score
One other thing that goes with that attitude. Kid is a freshman and had two big dunks on the alley oop and the putback. What does he do? He knows it an exhibition, puts his head down, runs back down the court and goes to work.

This, no celebrating just runs back and chases on defense with huge energy. He's all over looking to make plays off the hedge, helping off the ball he has quick feet and is smart. As STATS said above need to see where he will be with stronger physical players but I have no doubt at some point he will be a very good player, hopefully sooner rather than later. But he is fun to watch and I believe he will help this year.

Reaction Score
How is it possible to look at a kid who is over 2 meters and more than 85kg and say he needs to bulk up...lol...when most of us as grown men are likely not even 1.8 meters and/or 75 kg???

The kid is a beast.

C

Chief00

I don’t know what he looked like before but he has a very solid frame... he’s no string bean out there so he’s been putting in work.

Excited about him and diarra.

True, he has worked hard in the weight room.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Really hoping once exhibitions are over and it's the real deal we see the same Whaley. I know he'll struggle being a freshman but come conference play I hope he's still there seeing minutes

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t disagree with this lineup.
Cobb
Whaley
Diarra
Adams
Vital / or Gilbert
Out best lineup probably is Whaley, Larrier, Polley, AG/CV and JA.

C

Chief00

Out best lineup probably is Whaley, Larrier, Polley, AG/CV and JA.
I think you are over selling Polley at this stage of his career. Against big teams, Cobb is are only semi proven Big with power.
And besides, seems like KO views Polley as a stretch guy or even a 6-8 two or three.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I think you are over selling Polley at this stage of his career. Against big teams, Cobb is are only semi proven Big with power.
And besides, seems like KO views Polley as a stretch guy or even a 6-8 two or three.
If you watched the 2 games Polley and Larrier were out there together quite a lot. Larrier with his skill set is better at PF. He actually is the only player with post mobes even though he slim. I rather see Cobb replace Whaley when we need beef. Cobb is a very limited player from what I have seen. I don't understand the infatuation with some fans to want a traditional old school line up. That isn't the best for Jo's offense. His offense relies on guys who can dribble pemetrate and shoot and that isn't the strength of our traditional bigs. Most college 4's now have that skillset and thus why I see Larrier at that position a lot.

Reaction Score
I think its somewhat of an exaggeration at this point so name Whaley our best bet at starting center.
It will probably be Cobb and diarra starting but as the season goes on i wouldn't be surprised to see that libeup quite a lot on the floor.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom