Isaiah Whaley is back! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Isaiah Whaley is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What are you missing? I can't even begin to tackle that question.

As for "all the headaches" I was referring to it being the year of Covid, Bouknight's injury, Jackson's injuries, Akok basically having a red shirt year, the end of season timing of Bouknight being carried off the court for an IV, and Cole breaking his face.

You either can't read or you were just being your typical self by saying I called Bouknight a "headache." You're somehow even worse since your return from your latest tantrum/meltdown.
You continue to contradict yourself and dig a deeper hole. You can’t say “we’ll be far more talented than we were this year” but also say the guy leaving is a high lottery pick. Yet you identify no one to replace the departing go to offensive talent. It makes no sense.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You continue to contradict yourself and dig a deeper hole. You can’t say “we will be far more talented” but also say the guy leaving is a high lottery pick, while identifying no one to replace the departing go to offensive talent. It makes no sense.
So I see you're just going to gloss over/still pretend I called Bouknight a headache. I don't want you to have another nervous breakdown and threaten lawsuits so I'll ease up...

It was Cole, Jackson, Martin, and Sanogo's first time playing together. Jackson was hurt during preseason and the season which greatly hurt his development and chemistry. Akok basically had a redshirt year. We're adding the 46th, 49th, and 70th ranked recruits in the country. We'll most likely be adding one more shooter. And the most important thing is players don't tend to stay stagnant, they improve from season to season. Hurley is building something and the team will continue to be more in his image.

Reaction Score
So I see you're just going to gloss over/still pretend I called Bouknight a headache. I don't want you to have another nervous breakdown and threaten lawsuits so I'll ease up...
Bottom-line you said we have more talent than last season, which contradicts your view that Bouknight will go high lottery. What high lottery guy is coming in or developing with high confidence? No wonder you lose bets so often you can’t make good.
I never threaten to sue anyone. Where’s your evidence on that accusation?

Reaction Score
Can we not ruin this thread about a beloved Husky coming back....
I am sorry but your friend made some accusations about me that were untrue, so I had to respond.

Reaction Score
100%. Without Bouk, this current roster is less talented, not more. What a joke. Whaley is a nice surprise and certainly helps our depth and defensive pressence in our frontcourt. As is, this team will struggle to score points. Our backcourt remains a concern. To me, on both ends. We don't have to look to far to see what this team looks like without Bouk. Maryland doubled him all night and we had 4 others who stood still and couldn't hit a side of a barn. I feel part of the problem late in the year was Cole was completely exposed. Gaffney is not a pg and I am not sure he is even a 2. He attacks the rim well, but thats just about it. He cannot run an offense. My guess is this team will play old school basketball. Pound the ball down low and play relentless defense. Games in the 50s, we win. Games in mid 60s and higher, we lose. But more talented without Bouk? What a joke.
I do think Gaffney will surprise you on the upside.

Reaction Score
He was lumped into your headache bucket. However, the main point I made was you saying we would be more talented team next year without Bouknight, when you also pegged him as a high lottery pick. A crazy contradiction.

Reaction Score
Bottom line you said we have more talent than last season, which contradicts your view that Bouknight will go high lottery. What high lottery guy is coming in or developing with high confidence? So wonder you lose bets so often you can’t make good.
I never threaten to sue anyone. Where’s your evidence on that accusation?
Somehow what you keep repeating makes sense in your head, you're a crazy person.

Reaction Score
He was lumped into your headache bucket. However, the main point I made was you saying we would be more talented team next year without Bouknight, when you also pegged him as a high lottery pick. A crazy contradiction.
You continue to misinterpret what I said and you clearly have no idea what contradiction means.

Reaction Score

At the risk of immediately regretting wading into this, it's not that contradictory if you could just exercise a modicum of rational thought. The argument is that the addition of several new players plus the development of existing players will - COLLECTIVELY - lead to a team with more talent than this years, even including a lottery pick. Whether that ends up being true or not remains to be seen, but it's not a particularly complicated idea to understand.

I recognize in advance that there is a 0% chance of a response that isn't a mischaracterization or deflection.

Reaction Score
You said we would be a far more talented next year. Since we are losing our most talented player (Bouknight), that just doesn’t make sense.
F466C213-B750-4704-A12B-9D97C7BCBC61.png

Reaction Score
At the risk of immediately regretting wading into this, it's not that contradictory if you could just exercise a modicum of rational thought. The argument is that the addition of several new players plus the development of existing players will - COLLECTIVELY - lead to a team with more talent than this years, even including a lottery pick. Whether that ends up being true or not remains to be seen, but it's not a particularly complicated idea to understand.

I recognize in advance that there is a 0% chance of a response that isn't a mischaracterization or deflection.
This is just sad, there's no rational thought with this guy. As I'm typing this he screenshots my post thinking this proves what he's trying to say. Dude's brain is broken.

Reaction Score
You said we would be a far more talented next year. Since we are losing our most talented player (Bouknight), that just doesn’t make sense.
View attachment 66699
UConn adds 4 players who are very talented in Akok, Hawkins, Diggins, and Johnson. They return two ultra talented players in Jackson and Sanogo who will make a leap. Players who hadn't played together will have a season together and an offseason together and everyone Hurley wanted to return are returning and I think another talented player who will fill a need will come in. Bouknight is a great talent, he's also just one player.

Others may disagree and think we'll be worse next season than this past season but you're the only one who would think what I said is contradictory and would think I called Bouknight a headache.

Reaction Score
View attachment 66699
Try to follow along with us Chief. Imagine you have 5 pennies. A bad man comes and takes 2 pennies from you. But then 3 friends come and give you 1 more penny each. How many pennies do you have now? Is it more than you started with?

Reaction Score

Pretty weak argument. We don’t “collectively” take a shot to score and win a game. You need that talented star player. He said we would be “far more talented” and you are hanging your hat on the incremental development of mostly role players to get us there. We don’t have “several” new players as you cited nor “4” as @superjohn mentioned, thus far we have 3 barring a reclass or a transfer such as Corey Floyd, who currently is 2022. Of the three, I think Hawkins is the best but he’s not as athletic as Bouknight. Sanogo played well this season and will continue that trajectory. Jackson needs to demonstrate he can shoot, although Chief likes other aspects of his game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Try to follow along with us Chief. Imagine you have 5 pennies. A bad man comes and takes 2 pennies from you. But then 3 friends come and give you 1 more penny each. How many pennies do you have now? Is it more than you started with?
We aren’t talking quantity we are talking “far more talented” per @superjohn. I would love that and maybe we will make some good pickups but as things stand today - - it’s just not true.

Reaction Score
Pretty weak argument. We don’t “collectively” take a shot to score and win a game. You need that talented star player. He said we would be “far more talented” and you are hanging your hat on the incremental development of mostly role players to get us there. We don’t have “several” new players as you cited nor “4” as @superjohn mentioned, thus far we have 3 barring a reclass or a transfer such as Corey Floyd, who currently is 2022. Of the three, I think Hawkins is the best but he’s not as athletic as Bouknight. Sanogo played well this season and will continue that trajectory. Jackson needs to demonstrate he can shoot, although Chief likes other aspects of his game.

I believe he included Akok among the new players because he was a non-factor this year due to injury. That also does not seem like a difficult concept to understand but you're really working hard not to. Again, reasonable minds can disagree but at least now you seem to realize why your statement that it was a "contradiction" was wrong. So that's progress. And that's enough for me on this thread.

Reaction Score
Are you better off with Whaley for 1 year or trying to land Tre Mitchell with 3 years of eligibility? Can’t have both. Who is the team’s alpha dog? Who has the ball in their hand the last minute down by 1? Whaley doesn’t solve the team’s biggest issues

Reaction Score
What are you trying to say? Why so curt?
Simply that the thread is about Whaley returning and somehow it managed to get derailed like every other thread. Gets annoying thinking there are updates and only additions to the thread are back and forth comments from people that should probably just ignore each other. Just trying to get thread back to welcoming a player back home.

Reaction Score
I thought basketball was a team game and not all about which singular player was the best, apparently I'm wrong
It is when you need a guy to make a big play at the end. They all can’t have their hands on the ball taking the shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom