Isaiah Whaley is back! | The Boneyard

Isaiah Whaley is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
This is awesome, Whaley with crowds gives me a massive superjohn.
backing up homer simpson GIF

Reaction Score
So far the transfers make sense.

• BA got no pt. Leaving makes sense.
  • Carlton also got very little pt
  • Whaley got lots of pt. Fits into DH system well.
  • Polley is a bit more gray. Gets minutes most games. If he hits shots he'll get more. If he doesn't hit shots he gets less.

The thing that's not happening is what I suspected would happen. I thought some would just ship off to Europe or wherever. So far everyone is sticking with "amateur" basketball.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So far the transfers make sense.

• BA got no pt. Leaving makes sense.
  • Carlton also got very little pt
  • Whaley got lots of pt. Fits into DH system well.
  • Polley is a bit more gray. Gets minutes most games. If he hits shots he'll get more. If he doesn't hit shots he gets less.

The thing that's not happening is what I suspected would happen. I thought some would just ship off to Europe or wherever. So far everyone is sticking with "amateur" basketball.

Are the Euro leagues even going to play? I think there is much up in the air that may factor in those decisions. Really prefer to move on from Polley. I wish him well, but he's a liability in too many areas of the game.

Reaction Score
Are the Euro leagues even going to play? I think there is much up in the air that may factor in those decisions. Really prefer to move on from Polley. I wish him well, but he's a liability in too many areas of the game.
I guess I'm not that in tune to the non NBA leagues. I didn't realize they were not playing. Are they not playing? I think soccer is happening.

Reaction Score
Best front court in the Big East locked up. Now imagine if he shoots 3s on good volume...

Locke is the final piece, get him and another bench shooter(hopefully Polley), and this should be a top 15 team.
i agree but dont see why polley would want to return as the 3rd string SF and 3rd string PF

Reaction Score
His other options probably aren't very enticing. I also don't think it's a given he'd be third string, especially considering how badly we need shooting.
i wish he were good enough to be our starting SF but he's just not that guy. already looking like we're going to have the same problem as last year given the lack of shooting in the frontcourt:

SF- aj/martin
PF- whaley/akok
C- sanogo/springs/johnson

having such bad shooters at the SF spot in particular really handcuffs the offense

Reaction Score
Agree that the overall talent level might be higher. I still think, beyond shooting, that the absence of a guy who can manufacture buckets is cause for concern. Maybe Hawkins is ahead of schedule in that regard, but I don't think he'll be at freshman year Bouknight's level.
That's always nice to have and Bouknight will be missed but I have a feeling we'll have more go to options and the defense should be filthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom