Isaiah Whaley Appreciation Thread | The Boneyard

Isaiah Whaley Appreciation Thread

Reaction Score
Whatever you want to call him - Pork Chop/Poppers/The Wrench/Zay/whatever - Isaiah Whaley was amazing today. He was arguably our most important player, although Martin was also incredible and probably gets the edge.

If anyone knows how to find this out, I’d love to know how many guys have had at least five blocks and three steals in a game with only one foul. I can’t say enough about this kid’s effort, as well as his overall development from afterthought to a critical piece of a top-25 team.

Reaction Score
One could argue he has been more consistent than Sanogo as of late and deserves to start at 5 with polley at 4. Let Sanogo think about some of the dumb plays where he goes 1 on 3 ten ft from the basket and refuses to pass out.
One could argue that, but one would be wrong

Reaction Score
Whatever you want to call him - Pork Chop/Poppers/The Wrench/Zay/whatever - Isaiah Whaley was amazing today. He was arguably our most important player, although Martin was also incredible and probably gets the edge.

If anyone knows how to find this out, I’d love to know how many guys have had at least five blocks and three steals in a game with only one foul. I can’t say enough about this kid’s effort, as well as his overall development from afterthought to a critical piece of a top-25 team.
You forgot Squirrel.

Reaction Score
Mrs. Adrien and I teach at the same school. On 3 PM on Fridays, I'm free when she teaches an art studio elective.

I have tickets for Senior Night, so the day before the game, I've already planned out going to that elective to make my sign for Isaiah Whaley. Even when I was in college, I probably never made a sign, but I'm just inspired to honor one of my favorite Huskies of all time.

It's going to be a giant wrench, but inside the giant wrench will be pasted on print outs of jalapeno poppers and a pork chop, I'm thinking like super crude ClipArt pictures.

I'm so amped for that class and then cheering my lungs out for Whaley!

Reaction Score

Was very disruptive on D all day.. No matter how many blocks they will credit him.. Guarantee you he had more.. Seemed like he owned Champagnie in second half and was everywhere. He/Jax/Martin took care of biz while AS was on bench.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
We're so much better with Whaley or Sanogo on the floor, not both. That being said Whaley was fantastic today.
Can’t wait for the next thread saying he should be benched for Hawkins.

There in lies the dilemma.

I believe UConn is much better with either Whaley or Sanogo on the floor and not both at the same. Situationally? Sure but don't play them together for 20 min.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Whaley was simply the player of the game. In every way. At times it was almost like Sanogos foul troubke was a blessing because we all know Dan wanted to go small anyway, and Whaley is built to slip screens on offense, and is more versatile defensively. So Hurley didn’t need to be questioned while we had beat lineups on floor for this. Adama came back in and gave us some great D though, way it should happen. Not his matchup, foul trouble , and still contributed.

Reaction Score

I’ve been critical of him but he was great today. Interestingly he was at his best when Sanogo was out as others have noted. They just don’t play well together.

He was GREAT today. Not good, great.

Reaction Score
From where IW came from to where he is now, I have to applaud him for sticking to our program, believing and Bleeding Blue. I did not realize that he had these offers out of hight school.
Whaley committed to playing college basketball for UConn over offers from Providence, Seton Hall, Memphis and Georgia, among others.

Thank you IW aka The Wrench, great game today.

Reaction Score
From where IW came from to where he is now, I have to applaud him for sticking to our program, believing and Bleeding Blue. I did not realize that he had these offers out of hight school.
Whaley committed to playing college basketball for UConn over offers from Providence, Seton Hall, Memphis and Georgia, among others.

I don't know if that is correct. Memphis and Georgia maybe but I don't think Seton Hall or Providence. Most thought he was going to St Louis before we got him

Reaction Score
I’ve been critical of him but he played great today by playing to his strengths down low. Hurley did some nice things today by getting him down low more, and even employing a small lineup at times.

Reaction Score
I don't know if that is correct. Memphis and Georgia maybe but I don't think Seton Hall or Providence. Most thought he was going to St Louis before we got him
That was per wikipedia. I also recall St Louis

Reaction Score

His FR year, I remember thinking he was the worst D1 player I had ever seen. He‘s come a long, long way

Reaction Score
We're so much better with Whaley or Sanogo on the floor, not both. That being said Whaley was fantastic today.
Honestly, the fact that we're getting so little from Akok or Polley this year at the 4 has been a real detriment and forced us to play Sanogo and Whaley together more than we'd like.

Either one of them would be worthy of starting at the 5.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
One could argue he has been more consistent than Sanogo as of late and deserves to start at 5 with polley at 4. Let Sanogo think about some of the dumb plays where he goes 1 on 3 ten ft from the basket and refuses to pass out.
Really? How'd we do in the games he missed?

Reaction Score
Yep totally agree. We play better with Sanogo not clogging the lane or turning over the ball plus Whaley can play his more natural 5.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom