2023 Recruiting: - Isaiah Miranda | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Isaiah Miranda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
two seven footers on the roster would be NUTS

If we hypothetically got a class of Griffiths, Bowen, and Miranda, our team would be friggen massive in 2023. We'll need a guard in that class too, but I don't think this is too unlikely.

Potential depth chart in 2023... I know thinking way too far ahead.

1. 6'1 Diggins
2: 6'6 Hawkins (maybe NBA), 6'4 Floyd,
3: 6'7 Jackson, 6'8 Karaban, 6'7 Griffiths
4: 6'11 Johnson, 6'9 Akok, 6'10 Bowen
5: 7'2 Clingan, 7'0 Miranda

Really shows how big we could be. And how much we need another PG.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If we hypothetically got a class of Griffiths, Bowen, and Miranda, our team would be friggen massive in 2023. We'll need a guard in that class too, but I don't think this is too unlikely.

1. 6'1 Diggins
2: 6'6 Hawkins (maybe graduated), 6'4 Floyd,
3: 6'7 Jackson (maybe graduated), 6'8 Karaban, 6'7 Griffiths

If hawkins graduates before his junior year that’ll be pretty impressive

Reaction Score
Miranda has a great skill set for Big. Looks comfortable with the ball in his hands to get his own shot or to facilitate with passing.

Would be a great add as long as he spends time with SnC program

Reaction Score
As I said a week ago, a really busy foundational recruiting period.

Reaction Score

1. 6'1 Diggins

How about Desmond Claude?
Big PG.

Reaction Score
Miranda has a great skill set for Big. Looks comfortable with the ball in his hands to get his own shot or to facilitate with passing.

Would be a great add as long as he spends time with SnC program
Our very own Marcus Camby?

Reaction Score
1. 6'1 Diggins
5* 3rd string PF = mind blown. we've never had that kinda depth ever.

def need some Gs especially if hawk is gone after 2 years otherwise AJ might have to move up to the 2 spot.

Reaction Score
As I said a week ago, a really busy foundational recruiting period.
As i predicted as well, recruiting will continue throughout the year. Hurley needs no advice from me but keep the focus on players that have not only had success at the high school level but also on the aau circuit. Clouds are coming in folks

Reaction Score
UConn: “They really showed me a lot of love over there. They're doing a good job with their guys. They have Bouknight who just went to the league and are focussing on developing their younger guys. I like the way they are doing it and they believe they have first rounders that are trying to get to the NBA.”

Reaction Score
As i predicted as well, recruiting will continue throughout the year. Hurley needs no advice from me but keep the focus on players that have not only had success at the high school level but also on the aau circuit. Clouds are coming in folks
Well, I guess those clouds coming in did not materialize - Trust in Chief next time

Reaction Score
vs IMG Prep team.

Reminds me of Dereck Lively at this stage. Maybe an inch or two shorter and not as talented or athletic... but definitely a super skinny, true 7-footer. Maybe 7’1. Not saying he’ll get that good… but skillset-wise I see a lot of overlap.
  • Likes shooting 3s. More handles that you would expect for 7’1. Nothing shifty, but straight line drives.
  • Plays A LOT on the perimeter. Has a straight line drive, jab step, etc. in his bag.
  • Handles are solid for his size but still needs work. Couple of live ball TOs.
  • Basically no traditional post-up ability. Lobs, positional layups, dunks are gonna be it.
  • Does get a little chippy inside when he does fight for position. I like to see that. It occupies the defender even if you don’t get the ball down low.
  • 6 different post feeds to him were picked off. Some passes were bad… but his inability to get position is also causing it. Body is weak.
  • However when he DOES catch it, both his assists were on kick outs. That’s a piece of his game that he should try to build on as he gets bigger.
  • Not a freak pogo stick athlete like Samson, but not bad either. He isn’t slow getting up the court, but he isn’t wow’ing me. I think it might be a conditioning thing or just effort.
  • Doesn’t look particularly fluid moving or playing the game… A lot of these guys that pick up the game late seem to look that way. Just needs experience.
  • Limited defensively. Not very good. Especially on the perimeter. I think he’ll need to play the 5 exclusively except in very specific matchups. I think he’s quick enough to learn the hedge pretty well though. His team has him hedge a lot, and he looked better than Sanogo already.
  • Very handsy on both perimeter and post defense. Needs to fix that.
  • Stands up way too tall on defense. Guards can get away with that. 7’footers definitely cannot. Looked wayyy better guarding 1v1 the few times he sat down more.
  • No steals or blocks on defense at his size is indicative of the problem. Just not there on defense.
  • GREAT 3 point shooter for his size. Form is solid and workable--not broken. Catch and shoot is pretty quick, and he catches ready to fire it off. Confident. I think he's more of a 30-33% kind of guys that a 35-40% at this stage... just judging by his balance and form. GREAT place to start from.
  • Took a couple of pretty stupid shots. Wonky mid-range stepbacks with 20 seconds on the shotclock for example… that’s a good way to find Hurley’s bench.
  • Hit a ridiculous step back 3 with the clock winding down. Yeesh.
  • Played maybe 25 minutes. 30 minutes tops.
  • Doesn’t have a super great sense of spacing and flow… runs into his teammates, or brings his defender right to a ballhandler a lot.
  • I really like his mid-range catch, turn and 1-dribble drive/shot. Basic... but at his size basic is unguardable.
  • Does a lot of getting his own rebound and putback that way. Won’t work in D1 basketball--he’s just taller than everyone now.
  • He had exactly 0 defensive rebounds with a defender within 20 feet of him. That needs to be a point of emphasis for his skill development.
  • Not really strong enough to fight through contact right now. Shies away from it to avoid getting hit. He got mad towards the end of the game, got more physical and that's when he got his 2 foul shots.
  • Drew 1 charge. Tried a bunch of other times but his timing was bad. Great experience to be getting.
  • Really has absolutely 0 natural shot-blocking ability despite being huge. His timing is way too slow. Nothing like Akok, Whaley, or Johnson in that regard.
  • A couple of nice catches on lobs--put it in despite some bad throws from teammates.
  • Had a monster 1-handed putback… yeesh. Wish we had a video of that.
  • He’ll do best as a guy who is surrounded by shooters and can catch lobs and work 1 dribble drives from the mid-post. Not gonna be a Sanogo type and use drops steps or up and unders.
  • Not a good screener. He runs off them fairly well for his size though.
Overall:

Stupid amounts of potential on offense. 7’1 perimeter-based bigs don’t grow on trees. Very, very raw in every aspect of the game except shooting and straight line ballhandling however. Needs to get bigger and more fluid if he wants to maximize potential. Defense is bad and immature. Not a good rebounder for his size. Young bigs develop late… he seems right on track to be a dominant big in his class; it will just take a couple-few years to get there. Ranking in the 40-50 range seems fair. You can’t teach 7’1.

28 PTS
7 REB (6 offensive)
2 AST

2 TO
STL
BLK

13/16 2FG
2/4 3FG
0/2 FT

Reaction Score
vs IMG Prep team.

Reminds me of Dereck Lively at this stage. Maybe an inch or two shorter and not as talented or athletic... but definitely a super skinny, true 7-footer. Maybe 7’1. Not saying he’ll get that good… but skillset-wise I see a lot of overlap.
  • Likes shooting 3s. More handles that you would expect for 7’1. Nothing shifty, but straight line drives.
  • Plays A LOT on the perimeter. Has a straight line drive, jab step, etc. in his bag.
  • Handles are solid for his size but still needs work. Couple of live ball TOs.
  • Basically no traditional post-up ability. Lobs, positional layups, dunks are gonna be it.
  • Does get a little chippy inside when he does fight for position. I like to see that. It occupies the defender even if you don’t get the ball down low.
  • 6 different post feeds to him were picked off. Some passes were bad… but his inability to get position is also causing it. Body is weak.
  • However when he DOES catch it, both his assists were on kick outs. That’s a piece of his game that he should try to build on as he gets bigger.
  • Not a freak pogo stick athlete like Samson, but not bad either. He isn’t slow getting up the court, but he isn’t wow’ing me. I think it might be a conditioning thing or just effort.
  • Doesn’t look particularly fluid moving or playing the game… A lot of these guys that pick up the game late seem to look that way. Just needs experience.
  • Limited defensively. Not very good. Especially on the perimeter. I think he’ll need to play the 5 exclusively except in very specific matchups. I think he’s quick enough to learn the hedge pretty well though. His team has him hedge a lot, and he looked better than Sanogo already.
  • Very handsy on both perimeter and post defense. Needs to fix that.
  • Stands up way too tall on defense. Guards can get away with that. 7’footers definitely cannot. Looked wayyy better guarding 1v1 the few times he sat down more.
  • No steals or blocks on defense at his size is indicative of the problem. Just not there on defense.
  • GREAT 3 point shooter for his size. Form is solid and workable--not broken. Catch and shoot is pretty quick, and he catches ready to fire it off. Confident. I think he's more of a 30-33% kind of guys that a 35-40% at this stage... just judging by his balance and form. GREAT place to start from.
  • Took a couple of pretty stupid shots. Wonky mid-range stepbacks with 20 seconds on the shotclock for example… that’s a good way to find Hurley’s bench.
  • Hit a ridiculous step back 3 with the clock winding down. Yeesh.
  • Played maybe 25 minutes. 30 minutes tops.
  • Doesn’t have a super great sense of spacing and flow… runs into his teammates, or brings his defender right to a ballhandler a lot.
  • I really like his mid-range catch, turn and 1-dribble drive/shot. Basic... but at his size basic is unguardable.
  • Does a lot of getting his own rebound and putback that way. Won’t work in D1 basketball--he’s just taller than everyone now.
  • He had exactly 0 defensive rebounds with a defender within 20 feet of him. That needs to be a point of emphasis for his skill development.
  • Not really strong enough to fight through contact right now. Shies away from it to avoid getting hit. He got mad towards the end of the game, got more physical and that's when he got his 2 foul shots.
  • Drew 1 charge. Tried a bunch of other times but his timing was bad. Great experience to be getting.
  • Really has absolutely 0 natural shot-blocking ability despite being huge. His timing is way too slow. Nothing like Akok, Whaley, or Johnson in that regard.
  • A couple of nice catches on lobs--put it in despite some bad throws from teammates.
  • Had a monster 1-handed putback… yeesh. Wish we had a video of that.
  • He’ll do best as a guy who is surrounded by shooters and can catch lobs and work 1 dribble drives from the mid-post. Not gonna be a Sanogo type and use drops steps or up and unders.
  • Not a good screener. He runs off them fairly well for his size though.
Overall:

Stupid amounts of potential on offense. 7’1 perimeter-based bigs don’t grow on trees. Very, very raw in every aspect of the game except shooting and straight line ballhandling however. Needs to get bigger and more fluid if he wants to maximize potential. Defense is bad and immature. Not a good rebounder for his size. Young bigs develop late… he seems right on track to be a dominant big in his class; it will just take a couple-few years to get there. Ranking in the 40-50 range seems fair. You can’t teach 7’1.

28 PTS
7 REB (6 offensive)
2 AST

2 TO
STL
BLK

13/16 2FG
2/4 3FG
0/2 FT
The highlight video has the stepback 3 and the monster putback.

Reaction Score
The Huskies seem to be stepping up in class with their recruiting since Kentucky seems to be going after a lot of the same recruits in the 2023 class.

Yep looks like we’ll be going head to head with Duke and Kentucky for Edwards, Bowen, and Miranda.

That’s a nice change from our few dark years of competing with Manchester Community College and Porter and Chester Institute for Rakim Lubin’s services.

Reaction Score
Yep looks like we’ll be going head to head with Duke and Kentucky for Edwards, Bowen, and Miranda.

That’s a nice change from our few dark years of competing with Manchester Community College and Porter and Chester Institute for Rakim Lubin’s services.
Dont forget NETTTS. He could really drive and deliver the goods.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

Ive been on top of the recruitment game but I missed that one and can't find anything on Google or any recruiting site where MCC or CPI were interested in Lubin. Are we talking the Depression dark years? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom