Is wed Tulsa game must win | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Is wed Tulsa game must win

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't mean he won't want money. I'm sure his ex will drag him to court if he doesn't. I mean he's looking for a face saving way to leave with some dignity and if the administration approaches him they could work out a lesser buyout while he moves on the an NBA job as an assistant or front office guy. I'm not pretending I have inside info. I'm just pretty good at reading people and if you look at KO from years one and two and look at him now, he's not the same person or coach. He's lost the spark.

There is no reason for him to not take every cent. Fired is fired is fired.

Reaction Score
UConn will probably win but we will have to hang on for dear life.

Reaction Score
Of course it had a bearing. It means if we make 2 more shots or if they make 2 less. That's all. Over 38 minutes, that's what separated us. The last 2 minutes was the foul game, which always had to happen...
I agree it had an effect on today's game. But I don't see how anyone thinks that, threes aside, "If we play like this for the remainder of the year, we'll win the vast majority of our conference games."

They've now played 13 games and it's abundantly clear there are a lot of things that sink this team. If it's not the three point shooting percentage and stopping the three it will be something else. I hope he's right but I don't see it based on everything we've seen so far.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I agree it had an effect on today's game. But I don't see how anyone thinks that, threes aside, "If we play like this for the remainder of the year, we'll win the vast majority of our conference games."

They've now played 13 games and it's abundantly clear there are a lot of things that sink this team. If it's not the three point shooting percentage and stopping the three it will be something else. I hope he's right but I don't see it based on everything we've seen so far.

Well, if you agree that Wichita State is the best team in the conference right now, then it's easy to see why I think that. I suppose if you disagree with that presumption, then that would be the issue...

Reaction Score
By the way, I know that my earlier comment comes across like I'm saying, "if my aunt had testicles, she'd be my uncle." But what I'm saying is if both teams shot to their 2017-2018 averages from the perimeter. Wichita State is shooting 40% and we're shooting 31%. Today, they did better than their average (48%) and we did much worse (18%). If we shot our average makes from those open looks, we win and the entire tone of this board would have changed about a lot of other aspects that are otherwise irrelevant to today's game. That's all I'm saying...
I still don't understand the argument. You're pointing to one stat to say UConn would have won if the previous average of that stat was attained by both teams. How can you look at just one stat to say UConn would have won? UConn shot better on free throws that their average and WSU shot much worse. So does that mean UConn should have lost by more?

If the games played out to every statistical average for both teams in every game UConn plays the rest of the season then we lose most of the games. The team does so many things terribly that invariably they will lose most games if these averages continue. They need to get better in a lot of areas to win games. That I don't think any of us would argue.

Reaction Score
Well, if you agree that Wichita State is the best team in the conference right now, then it's easy to see why I think that. I suppose if you disagree with that presumption, then that would be the issue...
O.K. we'll see. I hope you're right.

Reaction Score
In response to the OP, "you bet your sweet bippy it is!". I hope Larrier can learn to use his height and catch and shoot over smaller defenders. Late in the second half he caught a pass in front of the UCONN bench and had to dribble, turn his back to the shorter defender-the blonde guy, spin around and miss a fadeaway. Just rise up and shoot the ball TL, show some confidence.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom