Is Wagner a must win? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Is Wagner a must win?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Imagine the beating our RPI would take with a loss. Could we be caught looking past them? This is a team that won 23 games last year. It's the first game in Huskies uniform for a lot of our freshmen. Heck, it's the first game for ALL of our freshman. Ollie better have them ready. The Diarra injury worries me me, we need him for depth as our front court is foul prone. It's our first game with the new national championship logos on the court, that could take some getting used to. We need this game.
This post gave me a good laugh. Thanks man. Had a long tough day and needed the laugh.

Reaction Score
First game of the year is never a must win game. It will hurt us for a while especially if we cant get any big wins but absolutely not a must win. No season is over after one loss.

Reaction Score
Heck from what I have read this team is heartless, gutless and when they are off the court each player is carrying 4 cell phones, especially Diaco because he will be searching quickly for a new job.

I see the negative mojo already started. Let the kids play. It's a long season...

Reaction Score
Imagine the beating our RPI would take with a loss. Could we be caught looking past them? This is a team that won 23 games last year. It's the first game in Huskies uniform for a lot of our freshmen. Heck, it's the first game for ALL of our freshman. Ollie better have them ready. The Diarra injury worries me me, we need him for depth as our front court is foul prone. It's our first game with the new national championship logos on the court, that could take some getting used to. We need this game.

no, we could lose by 50 and be national champions. You would think that with all the negative snow on the football board you would be happy, but noooo you need to bring the negative snow here. Take Wagner with the points and come back and gloat. JHC.....

Reaction Score
How about we say every game is a must win so we avoid these dumb threads...I'm fine with saying there are no must wins too.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Wagner's really not a terrible team, relative to some of our non conference cupcakes in recent years. Regardless of whether the OP is trolling or not, I can easily see this team giving us a run for our money. Looking at their roster, it appears that they should be returning most of their players too from a team that beat a 1 seed in the NIT. Every game needs to be taken very seriously, from the staff down to the players. We're not in the Big East anymore.

This feels like a game where it's close at halftime, and then we pull away by 20 in the second half. We've got significant size on them but we know how easily some of our bigs can get in foul trouble.

Reaction Score
Wow? Did you go to the last game? I think teams will be shocked at our combination of length speed and athleticism. There is no do but in my mind that we have several nba players on our team and I doubt Wagner has 1. Difference? This team also showed chemistry coming together After game 1. Relax don't sweat this. 20-30 point win

Mister Wonderful

Even when I think I’m wrong, I’m right
Reaction Score

It's the first official game for ALL of the freshmen...

Reaction Score
Wow? Did you go to the last game? I think teams will be shocked at our combination of length speed and athleticism. There is no do but in my mind that we have several nba players on our team and I doubt Wagner has 1. Difference? This team also showed chemistry coming together After game 1. Relax don't sweat this. 20-30 point win

Man I love your optimism scrap. But "several" NBA players and 20-30 point win? You are primed for '16-'17 aren't you? :eek:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Despite Pal's obvious trolling, when has any UConn team ever come out of the gate and really blasted the opponent in one of our openers? We'll make it closer than it should be as we always do.

Reaction Score
Despite Pal's obvious trolling, when has any UConn team ever come out of the gate and really blasted the opponent in one of our openers? We'll make it closer than it should be as we always do.

Uh.....we beat Maine by 45pts last year in the opener....

Reaction Score
It's not trolling. It's just good fun. Parody of a BY meme.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Not only is Wagner a must win, Voters will be looking for style points. As it has been since the Old Big East morphed into the AAC, UConn cannot rely on the conference for a prop up.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Well folks it looks like Palatine's concern came to reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom