Is UConn still going to PK80? | The Boneyard

Is UConn still going to PK80?

Reaction Score
Absolutely zero love the Huskies... Portland St might be getting more attention

“North Carolina, Oklahoma, Michigan St, and Oregon anchor the Victory Bracket, while Duke, Butler, Texas, Gonzaga, and Florida are the headliners of the Motion Bracket.”

This is an incredible opportunity to jump back into the national conversation and show what UConn basketball is all about.

Hope our guys post this in every locker and play with an extra chip on their shoulders.

80 for 80: Everything you need to know about PK80

Reaction Score
Absolutely zero love the Huskies... Portland St might be getting more attention

“North Carolina, Oklahoma, Michigan St, and Oregon anchor the Victory Bracket, while Duke, Butler, Texas, Gonzaga, and Florida are the headliners of the Motion Bracket.”

This is an incredible opportunity to jump back into the national conversation and show what UConn basketball is all about.

Hope our guys post this in every locker and play with an extra chip on their shoulders.

80 for 80: Everything you need to know about PK80

I've called this out on Twitter repeatedly that the only TV ads running the last week on ESPN have only been for UNC/Duke vs. Portland/Portland St, easily the worst games of the tournament. What a joke.

Reaction Score
We weren't even mentioned as one of the reasons to watch the tournament other than Larrier

Reaction Score
Yeah, UConn definitely getting no love (or even like). The last 3 years haven't been too good but they did win a NCAA tourney game in '16 before losing to #1 seed. So really the lack of respect is because of last years debacle......1 bad year for UConn, Gonzaga makes first Final 4 and now they are more prestigious?

I really hope we beat Oregon and then take MSU to the wire!

Reaction Score
Screw that! They're taking MSU down and sending a message to the rest of college basketball that UConn is still UConn.
"To the wire" means game goes either way....obviously win is ideal but a close loss to MSU after beating Oregon certainly sends a message also.

First things first though.....need to roast some fowl!

Reaction Score
Based on Sagarin ratings, UConn is ranked 12th out of 16 teams in the PK80 ahead of Stanford, DePaul, Portland, and Portland St. We are getting the attention we currently deserve. Honestly, we are probably looking at going 1-2 in the tournament as we are not a cohesive team yet, but I hope we do better.

Reaction Score
I guess our recent national championship is not exciting the media.

Reaction Score
I've called this out on Twitter repeatedly that the only TV ads running the last week on ESPN have only been for UNC/Duke vs. Portland/Portland St, easily the worst games of the tournament. What a joke.
Annoying, but probably due to those being the very first two games of the tournament and the only ones on ESPN aside from MSU/DePaul at 11:30pm.

Reaction Score
This is less an ESPN issue and more a result of having multiple consecutive disappointing seasons and an unranked team to start this year. You're only as relevant as your recent big wins, and we've been starved for those for a minute now. A few upsets at this tournament and we're back on the national radar though.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
You guys need to wake up. This is the reality of our program right now, despite the fact we have this thread basically every week now people still aren't processing it. The media lives in a what have you done for me lately mindset, and truth is UConn has done nothing of value for the likes of ESPN to report on over the last few years. It hurts but it's the truth.

Reaction Score
It's a long season. Anyone remember who won which early season tournaments in 1999, 2004, 2011 or 2014. Get better, get to the tournament and then get it on.
We won in 2014 when Jay Bilas picked against us 6 straight times, 64 monkeys guessing would have beat his picking 63 times and tied the other. If UConn couldn't get respect in the middle of one of the best (i.e. beating all good teams) runs in NCAA history what makes anyone think will get any after a down year.
Just win.

Reaction Score
For the "I keep it real about the program while you guys are blue pom pom waivers" cornball posters, Oklahoma was 11-20 last year and is currently unranked just like UConn, but they were mentioned as anchoring a bracket. Which program has more history and accomplishments in basketball?

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
For the "I keep it real about the program while you guys are blue pom pom waivers" cornball posters, Oklahoma was 11-20 last year and is currently unranked just like UConn, but they were mentioned as anchoring a bracket. Which program has more history and accomplishments in basketball?
Oh, it's a "ESPN systematically has a bias against UConn in its periodicals" cornball poster. Love those.

Reaction Score
Oh, it's a "ESPN systematically has a bias against UConn in its periodicals" cornball poster. Love those.
What about his point though? Is it not a fair one? Oklahoma made the final four two years ago, but then lost by 44. They went 11-20 last year. They've never won a national championship, while we're 3 years removed from one, and they're two years removed from being humiliated in the FF.

Reaction Score

Thank you for this. And in case anyone hasn't noticed, Medcalf has been downing UConn for over a decade. I'm not sure if he's still an AP voter, but back when he was, he had UConn consistently lower than almost everyone except this one guy that writes for a paper in San Francisco.

Reaction Score
We aren't on the roster, so we can't control whether or not we win the games in front of us. But we respond to the way the team performs, just like we respond to the articles that are written about the team.

So basically, we all give a s#^t, even you @superjohn, or we wouldn't be posting about it (or reading the thread).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom