Is UCONN Bottom Third Div 1? | The Boneyard

Is UCONN Bottom Third Div 1?

Reaction Score
The AAC while not P5 is still a decent conference. Are 2/3 of men’s Div1 teams better than us? We just barely sneaked by ECU at home.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Somewhere around there. Sure, we did beat a decent Oregon team. Since then, however, we are 4-7. Those four wins? In regulation against ECU and Coppin State and in OT against Columbia and Monmouth. Not exactly respectable basketball teams. Other teams like Arkansas and Auburn beat us handily.

Reaction Score
The AAC while not P5 is still a decent conference. Are 2/3 of men’s Div1 teams better than us? We just barely sneaked by ECU at home.
Unfortunately it is hero ball and Jalen doesn't look like he has improved much from last season. He needed to work on his outside and midrange shot and he has done very little of that. He just loves to run everything to the basket for a scoop shot amongst 5 defenders who all know what is coming.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We were 167 in BPI before the game today, so maybe not quite bottom 3rd, but 50th percentile, sure.
Sadly we are middling but it is what it is. I’ve had a great tomato garden for about eight years but it’s time to switch locations and let the soil readjust. We will be fine sooner rather than later. I see it like this. I have a boss who wants to double his company on one year. That is ridiculous. Any great company can grow at 5-12% and see great success. We need to see small victories. Right now, we are just getting over a disastrous season that resonated through last spring and summer. We had an injury plagued losing season. Next step. Non injury plagued non losing season. Process is everything. We will not be in the final four next year. Sorry to tell you. There is not a coach or group of players to get us there. Calamari can’t do it every year or k or self so calm down. We are just resetting.

Reaction Score
So what can we, as fans, do at this point? Either you are a. Still gung-ho about Ollie for the foreseeable future and these people are in this camp for various reasons or b. at least support him for the remainder of the year c. Apathetic. We don't see these people because they don't even bother coming here, they are indifferent d. Super mad and not happy with how things are going.

If you are in Camp D, or even if you are in camp C, what will you do? Send an email and/or twitter to the AD and Uconn president. Make your voices known on social media as social media has proven to spark change for much larger causes. But not much will be done staying on the BY in my honest opinion. Even if you are in Camp B, and just support Ollie for the rest of the season only, this is something that should be done. Camp A, well, let them do what they need to do too.

For the record, at this point I feel like I straddle the line between camp D and C but have been moving closer to C lately, actually, at this point.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think we need a big get to get us going again like back when Calhoun scored Donyell. Other great players followed. I understand we were in the BE back then but can’t I dream?

Reaction Score
Unfortunately it is hero ball and Jalen doesn't look like he has improved much from last season. He needed to work on his outside and midrange shot and he has don little of that. He just loves to run everything to the basket for a scoop shot amongst 5 defenders who all know what is coming.
Jalen needs to pull up and turn some of those scoop shots into 8 ft jump shots. Today he spent a lot of time jumping in the air with no idea what he was going to do next.

Reaction Score
So what can we, as fans, do at this point? Either you are a. Still gung-ho about Ollie for the foreseeable future and these people are in this camp for various reasons or b. at least support him for the remainder of the year c. Apathetic. We don't see these people because they don't even bother coming here, they are indifferent d. Super mad and not happy with how things are going.

If you are in Camp D, or even if you are in camp C, what will you do? Send an email and/or twitter to the AD and Uconn president. Make your voices known on social media as social media has proven to spark change for much larger causes. But not much will be done staying on the BY in my honest opinion. Even if you are in Camp B, and just support Ollie for the rest of the season only, this is something that should be done. Camp A, well, let them do what they need to do too.

For the record, at this point I feel like I straddle the line between camp D and C but have been moving closer to C lately, actually, at this point.
I gave up Gampel but still have season tix for XL. After that atrocious season last year I thought they should have kept men's season tickets at the same price for last year's season ticket holders who renewed for this year.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I gave up Gampel but still have season tix for XL. After that atrocious season last year I thought they should have kept men's season tickets at the same price for last year's season ticket holders who renewed for this year.

Did they go up beyond the facilities surcharge?

Reaction Score
Sadly we are middling but it is what it is. I’ve had a great tomato garden for about eight years but it’s time to switch locations and let the soil readjust. We will be fine sooner rather than later. I see it like this. I have a boss who wants to double his company on one year. That is ridiculous. Any great company can grow at 5-12% and see great success. We need to see small victories. Right now, we are just getting over a disastrous season that resonated through last spring and summer. We had an injury plagued losing season. Next step. Non injury plagued non losing season. Process is everything. We will not be in the final four next year. Sorry to tell you. There is not a coach or group of players to get us there. Calamari can’t do it every year or k or self so calm down. We are just resetting.
So you think Ollie should be back? That's definitely the injuries ..

Reaction Score
These injuries excuse is poor. We have lost one player to injurry this year. Yes, he was suppposed to be important but he isn’t the reason why we suck. He isn’t a shooter and drives to far into the lane and got his shot swatted most of the time. Also, as fans we knew counting on 3 injured players all coming back this year and playing at the time of their game was a pipe dream. I definitely thought that AG was going to have the hardest road considering the injuries and previous setbacks. Unfortunately KO couldn’t do anything on the recruiting front to help out here. KO is an inept coach and he needs to go.

Reaction Score
Take Jalen away from this team and I think we struggle to win a game this year. Coppin St would be our best bet. Sure it's unfair to pose that hypothetical as he's our best player but for comparisons sake ND beat Cuse on the road without their two best players in Farrell/Colson.

Even with Jalen though we're horrendous. To no fault of his own. I think he's doing as much as he can, even though many may disagree with that statement.

Reaction Score
I just turned on Georgetown and Creighton. I was watching for literally 30 seconds and Creighton ran a beautiful pick and roll for their big man who never dribbled and had an easy layup. It was not nuclear physics. We have big men who in the same situation could do the same thing because they catch the ball well, better than last year. But do we ever see it? No. That is directly on the coaching.

Reaction Score

I think they are better than that. Somewhere around the middle. That is not good enough to keep my interest. I don't mind rooting for losing teams if I feel that everyone involved is doing their best. The UCONN A.D. and some of the players clearly are not. Unfortunately, I fear Kevin Ollie is doing his best.

Reaction Score
These injuries excuse is poor. We have lost one player to injurry this year. Yes, he was suppposed to be important but he isn’t the reason why we suck. He isn’t a shooter and drives to far into the lane and got his shot swatted most of the time. Also, as fans we knew counting on 3 injured players all coming back this year and playing at the time of their game was a pipe dream. I definitely thought that AG was going to have the hardest road considering the injuries and previous setbacks. Unfortunately KO couldn’t do anything on the recruiting front to help out here. KO is an inept coach and he needs to go.
AG still hasn’t had surgery. Why the wait?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
AG still hasn’t had surgery. Why the wait?

Usually either swelling related, or more likely, (re) strengthening area pre-surgery. Not a doctor though.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
When Emeka hurt his back, Rashad almost died in the hospital, or AJ Price almost died from a brain hemmorage we should have played like trash and used those as excuses.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Somewhere around there. Sure, we did beat a decent Oregon team. Since then, however, we are 4-7. Those four wins? In regulation against ECU and Coppin State and in OT against Columbia and Monmouth. Not exactly respectable basketball teams. Other teams like Arkansas and Auburn beat us handily.

Even Tulsa and Tulane have top 50 wins. We don't.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom