Is Tim Brando ok? | The Boneyard

Is Tim Brando ok?

Reaction Score
Is he O.K.? Did he have a stroke or something? I can't even listen to him half the time. Didn't he used to be a really good announcer?

Newton gets fouled. The ref clearly calls a foul. Brando says, "Ball out of bounds." I say, "What are you talking about?"

Spencer goes in for a basket. Brando says it was Newton. Do they look anything alike? Lol. He's only called at least 5 UConn games this season.

I know it's a tough job but he doesn't seem to be as good at it as he used to be.

Reaction Score
he's just washed, this is what happens to all these play by play guys once they get up there in age. can't tell the diff b/w 3s and 2s, get out of bounds/foul calls wrong, misidentify players, etc, all the GOATs like Enberg/Albert/Stockton/Lundquist, etc went out like this.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
He made the comment about Nigerian kids earlier in the year during a Purdue/Rutgers game and he allllmost went there pregame today about the color of UConn’s coaches skin over the years.

Reaction Score
He made the comment about Nigerian kids earlier in the year during a Purdue/Rutgers game and he allllmost went there pregame today about the color of UConn’s coaches skin over the years.
That was a bizarre comment. I was feeding my daughter and missing all the pre-game till that caught my attention enough to neglect her and look up. He definitely went somewhere with it.

Reaction Score
Is he O.K.? Did he have a stroke or something? I can't even listen to him half the time. Didn't he used to be a really good announcer?

Newton gets fouled. The ref clearly calls a foul. Brando says, "Ball out of bounds." I say, "What are you talking about?"

Spencer goes in for a basket. Brando says it was Newton. Do they look anything alike? Lol. He's only called at least 5 UConn games this season.

I know it's a tough job but he doesn't seem to be as good at it as he used to be.
My guess is you are not a Rangers fan. We've been dealing with a declining Sam Rosen calling play-by-play for ten or more years now.

Reaction Score
I sure as heck had a wth moment and was wondering where he was going with that Hurley color reference. I had to rewind it and make sure I listened carefully to what he said then I paid close attention to JJ’s response.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I think he was trying to say Hurley is more cheerful now that he's no longer the familys "Black Sheep." Very awkward way of saying that though.

Reaction Score
he's just washed, this is what happens to all these play by play guys once they get up there in age. can't tell the diff b/w 3s and 2s, get out of bounds/foul calls wrong, misidentify players, etc, all the GOATs like Enberg/Albert/Stockton/Lundquist, etc went out like this.
Good point. I wonder if this is the reason I don't mind him. Some of my favorite games were in those Lundquist twilight years

Reaction Score
Spot on. Brando is 68 and has lost some mph off of his fastball. Happens to all the greats as noted, with the exception of Vin Scully, but baseball is much easier to call than basketball.

Reaction Score
I’ve never bern bothered by announcers anywhere near the level of people who complain about them on the internet. Too focused on the game itself. Even the best announcers screw up sometimes. No biggie with me.

Reaction Score
Perhaps the only thing that's changed about UConn is the skin of its head coach. It's lighter these days.

I'm guessing (?) he's saying it's not as red from screaming on the sidelines? Pretty bizarre.
You’ve never heard “thin skinned?” He’s saying Hurley used to need to react to every provocation and now he’s matured and doesn’t.

Yes, people don’t speak as perfectly as they age but damn …..

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I get thats where he intended to go. But he said lighter - and hurley followed Ollie - it was just a bad comment that either came out with the wrong words or was poorly thought out.

Unless there is a history here - chalk it up to poor judgement and wording and not a character issue.

Reaction Score
YOu’ve never heard “thin skinned?” He’s saying Hurley uses to need to react to every provocation and now he’s matured and doesn’t.

Yes, people don’t speak as perfectly as they age but damn …..
Fair, pretty weird way to say that though…

Reaction Score

My favorite was andre Jackson dribbling out the clock at end of game. My other was the carrying call on xavier that Danny hurley was not happy with. Perhaps he would run for president

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psttc

Top Bottom