Is this rock bottom? | The Boneyard

Is this rock bottom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I hope so, but I thought the same thing after Tulane. Will the kids be looking at SMU as a important game and try to take a win into the spring or one more game and we get some time off.

Now I am concerned we will not have enough scholarship players for a spring game. We have to consider more 'defections'. Actually, this may not be our bottom. Is it too late to hit the juco recruits?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I'm going to say next season when Army runs for 350 yards on us at home in front of 4,738 fans will be rock bottom.

Reaction Score
Losing to a winless SMU team in front of a sprinkling of fans would be the icing on the cake, but we already know that rock bottom is more like a bottomless pit with this team.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
We were UCF's rock bottom this year, so yay I guess. Talk about an inexplicable outcome.

Reaction Score
Memphis is better than Cincinnati, wants revenge for our game last year, and is playing for a conference title. And than we could also lose to SMU.

So dumb question.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Rock bottom is when UCONN goes Independent in football and begs the Big East for a basketball-only invite. $150M + 12 years of coaches salaries, staff, travel, equipment, marketing expenses all down the drain to be in the same exact spot as we were in the 90s.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Rock bottom is when UCONN goes Independent in football and begs the Big East for a basketball-only invite. $150M + 12 years of coaches salaries, staff, travel, equipment, marketing expenses all down the drain to be in the same exact spot as we were in the 90s.

Gun to my head if you told me the following:

1) UConn is granted full admission to the BE

2) Due to BE affiliation KO stays indefinitely and the program remains elite.

3) Football goes MAC and eventually dies out.

I know it's stupid because that means we'd be locked out of the P5 forever but at this point I think the football program is beyond shot.

Reaction Score
Memphis is better than Cincinnati, wants revenge for our game last year, and is playing for a conference title. And than we could also lose to SMU.

So dumb question.

What's a dumb question?

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
No. When Cincy and UCF are announced as big 12 members next spring. Then.

Reaction Score
Gun to my head if you told me the following:

1) UConn is granted full admission to the BE

2) Due to BE affiliation KO stays indefinitely and the program remains elite.

3) Football goes MAC and eventually dies out.

I know it's stupid because that means we'd be locked out of the P5 forever but at this point I think the football program is beyond shot.

The program is only shot if we allow the University to give up on it. We have to demand more investment and commitment. DIACO has one year to show improvement and if it's not there he should be gone. If there is, then we are on the way up. We just can't sit for three years or four years without meaningful improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom