Is this bad? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Is this bad?

Reaction Score
I feel dumb for asking but I imagine those guys are on the Bahamian team in prep for the FIBA cup in a few weeks, correct? Lol otherwise I don’t get why Hield and Gordon (and Ayton, but he didn’t play this game) would be there.

Do we wish UConn would play a national team of this caliber? Have a feeling we would struggle too, but it would be good, humbling experience. We would obviously have exhibitions and cupcake games in the fall closer to the season

Reaction Score
UConn absolutely lucked out. Timberlake is fine, but Spencer is the better player.
The fact that Spencer has already proven the level of contribution we need, at a P5 level, really increases his "floor" relative to a guy like Timberlake.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The fact that Spencer has already proven the level of contribution we need, at a P5 level, really increases his "floor" relative to a guy like Timberlake.
Agreed. I suppose it is possible that Timberlake toiled away at Towson for four years despite being a starting caliber player at the P5 level, but I doubt it. Experience matters and no doubt he will be good, like Joey was for UConn last year. But at this point I expect him to be a 6th or 7th man at KU. They have three guys competing for that starting SG spot, with both Morris and Jackson likely ahead of Timberlake.

Reaction Score
Agreed. I suppose it is possible that Timberlake toiled away at Towson for four years despite being a starting caliber player at the P5 level, but I doubt it. Experience matters and no doubt he will be good, like Joey was for UConn last year. But at this point I expect him to be a 6th or 7th man at KU. They have three guys competing for that starting SG spot, with both Morris and Jackson likely ahead of Timberlake.

I mean, Spencer “toiled at Loyola” for 3 years. I don’t follow your logic. Spencer seems to be far more versatile though.

Reaction Score
You make it sound like we played anyone that could make the French national team.
You quoted me as saying "not that any of that matters." Except maybe to you.

Reaction Score
Toiled away at Towson for 5 years.

Reaction Score
So you just mentioned France's ranking for no reason?
I was making a point. As impressive as Buddy H and Gordon (Ayton, too) are, their team is 56 in FIBA rankings. There are 55 other nations that are supposed to be better. France, ranked 6, was mentioned to emphasize that point (the disparity) and because we just played a French team. I was also aware that there will be posters who may read more into that. The exhibition results speak for themselves.

Reaction Score
I was making a point. As impressive as Buddy H and Gordon (Ayton, too) are, their team is 56 in FIBA rankings. There are 55 other nations that are supposed to be better. France, ranked 6, was mentioned to emphasize that point (the disparity) and because we just played a French team. I was also aware that there will be posters who may read more into that. The exhibition results speak for themselves.
I think we would be able to grasp what it means for a team to be ranked 56th internationally without having an unrelated team, which is about 10 billion times better than the team we played, mentioned. It means Kansas played a team of international talent and we played some guys who like basketball.

You're right that none of it matters for anything, it's just that you're trying to downplay Kansas's result for seemingly no reason.

Reaction Score
it's just that you're trying to downplay Kansas's result for seemingly no reason.
If that is what I was trying to do, then I would be wrong. I will leave it at that.

Reaction Score
FIBA rankings are of the team's performance irrespective of who plays in each game. I can pretty much guarantee that if they are suiting up gordon hield and ayton every game they would be much higher and probably top 10

Reaction Score
FIBA rankings are of the team's performance irrespective of who plays in each game. I can pretty much guarantee that if they are suiting up gordon hield and ayton every game they would be much higher and probably top 10
So who did we play against that is on the French National team? Anybody? Thank God BY'ers aren't prepping the Huskies, we'd be in trouble with our overconfidence.

Reaction Score
Yeah but that 56 in rankings is based on most games without Hield, Gordon, and Ayton. This team could be top 20.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Do we wish UConn would play a national team of this caliber? Have a feeling we would struggle too, but it would be good, humbling experience.
I Dont Care Shrug GIF by Puss In Boots

Reaction Score
I think if we played the full french national team we would lose by at least 40

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
We are laughing at a college basketball team for losing to a national team with nba players? Peak boneyard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom