Is this an even better team next year? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Is this an even better team next year?

Reaction Score
"even better" is relative. I am still not convinced we are particularly good this year. As it stands right now I will be ecstatic if we make the NCAA tournament. That would be 2 years in a row. Which would be quite the achievement for Hurley and crew.

As far as the question is concerned. I suppose we could be better. A little bit better seems possible. A lot better would mean someone really expands their game. Maybe Jackson just blows up. Maybe Hawkins does. But short of some significant jump by someone or a new freshman is absolutely lights out, we will probably be roughly the same.
we are making the tourney this year. it's a foregone conclusion barring some catastrophe befalling the team.

assuming we get everyone back that's eligible to return besides martin, and hawk/aj/sanogo all keep developing, then how could we not be better?

Reaction Score
"even better" is relative. I am still not convinced we are particularly good this year. As it stands right now I will be ecstatic if we make the NCAA tournament.
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

Reaction Score
"even better" is relative. I am still not convinced we are particularly good this year. As it stands right now I will be ecstatic if we make the NCAA tournament. That would be 2 years in a row. Which would be quite the achievement for Hurley and crew.

As far as the question is concerned. I suppose we could be better. A little bit better seems possible. A lot better would mean someone really expands their game. Maybe Jackson just blows up. Maybe Hawkins does. But short of some significant jump by someone or a new freshman is absolutely lights out, we will probably be roughly the same.
What the???

Reaction Score
we are making the tourney this year. it's a foregone conclusion barring some catastrophe befalling the team.

assuming we get everyone back that's eligible to return besides martin, and hawk/aj/sanogo all keep developing, then how could we not be better?
First, I should say this. The team is playing great. DH and staff are coaching great. The team simply has limitations.

With that said, the only thing that's a forgone conclusion about this team is any game against anyone who's even remotely good will go down to the wire. It will be a coinflip. Which I suppose isn't all bad. But it doesn't breed a ton of confidence. If that translates to guaranteed tournament birth.... then great. That will be a big win for DH.

Reaction Score
ANY scenario that begins or ends with Gaffney as the starting pg is NOT A GOOD SCENARIO!
Which is why I’m frightened. Dan Hurley keeps acting like he’s the next best UConn PG

But maybe in 2 years he might be better?

Reaction Score
First, I should say this. The team is playing great. DH and staff are coaching great. The team simply has limitations.

With that said, the only thing that's a forgone conclusion about this team is any game against anyone who's even remotely good will go down to the wire. It will be a coinflip. Which I suppose isn't all bad. But it doesn't breed a ton of confidence. If that translates to guaranteed tournament birth.... then great. That will be a big win for DH.
Every team has limitations. We are second in the BE in scoring, 2nd in 3pt % 1st in blocks and rebounds. We’re pretty good

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom