Is this an even better team next year? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Is this an even better team next year?

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
don't want to wait till tomorrow,
why put it off another day?

go for the gusto, get the girl, right now.

Reaction Score
We should be getting better every year.
This sounds like something my boss would say when it comes to assessing the success of classes. "This year, we were 88% successful (assessment report), so next year let's shoot for 89%, but definitely not 95% because then we would have only 5 more years before we can't get better."

Reaction Score
Assuming no Rese.

If Cole comes back, yes. If not, a lot will depend on the transfer market.
Cole/Hawk/AJ/Akok/Sanogo w/ digg/gaff/floyd/karaban/johnson/springs/clingan on the bench? yeah that team is better.
AJ will be the point guard next year even if RJ comes back. And I expect Johnson to be a major contributor next year.
Jackson
Cole
Hawkins
Akok
Sanogo
Where is Tyrese Martin going? I thought he had another year left

Reaction Score
Not exactly a very enjoyable year so far tbh.
In what way? Sure we've had trouble closing out a couple games, and we're by no means a perfect team.

But overall we've just about played to our expectations. We've won the games we should win and lost the ones we were expected to lose with a couple outliers (Auburn, Providence). We're a couple possessions away from people being all doom and gloom to thinking we're national championship bound.

Is this team frustrating at times? Yes
Does that make the season not enjoyable? Absolutely not

Let's all take a breather and remember where the program was at four years ago then ask ourselves again if this season is "enjoyable".

Reaction Score
Where is Tyrese Martin going? I thought he had another year left
he's in the same boat as cole, but probably overseas. havent been the same rumors circulating regardin his return as there have been for cole.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Not exactly a very enjoyable year so far tbh.
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

Reaction Score
In what way? Sure we've had trouble closing out a couple games, and we're by no means a perfect team.

But overall we've just about played to our expectations. We've won the games we should win and lost the ones we were expected to lose with a couple outliers (Auburn, Providence). We're a couple possessions away from people being all doom and gloom to thinking we're national championship bound.

Is this team frustrating at times? Yes
Does that make the season not enjoyable? Absolutely not

Let's all take a breather and remember where the program was at four years ago then ask ourselves again if this season is "enjoyable".
No im fine with all that. Its the covid stuff that has put a damper on things for me. Extremely frustrating.

Reaction Score
in a good way? like it will frighten other teams?
I see 2 outcomes but it’s too far away to predict it accurately

Good scenario:
Cole, Martin and Sanogo all go pro, gaffney fills in Cole’s shoes, with Diggins as a solid back-up. Hawkins becomes the star we want him to be, Corey Floyd and Stephen Castles have their moments. Jackson is averaging a double double or close to a triple double and Karaban is also a solid back-up. Clingan is close to breaking out. And Senior Akok is better than Freshman Akok, with Samson Johnson being a stretch 5

Bad scenario none of that happens

What do you think?

Reaction Score

Good scenario:
Cole, Martin and Sanogo all go pro, gaffney fills in Cole’s shoes, with Diggins as a solid back-up. Hawkins becomes the star we want him to be, Corey Floyd and Stephen Castles have their moments. Jackson is averaging a double double or close to a triple double and Karaban is also a solid back-up. Clingan is close to breaking out. And Senior Akok is better than Freshman Akok, with Samson Johnson being a stretch 5

What do you think?
You have your years mixed up.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

Good scenario:

What do you think?
It is way, way to early to speculate on 2023, for a myriad of reasons.

Reaction Score
No im fine with all that. Its the covid stuff that has put a damper on things for me. Extremely frustrating.
Makes sense. Going into the season the narrative was that the season would be pretty much completely unaffected by COVID.

It's too bad that it hasn't played out that way but on the "bright side" it seems to have ran its course through almost everyone on every team especially in the Big East so the rest of the season should hopefully remain unaffected.

Let's just hope we can make it the rest of the way with no interruptions and enjoy this group of guys while we have them.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Regardless of who stays, who leaves and whose game progresses during the offseason, put me down for a solid "could be".

Reaction Score

Good scenario:

What do you think?
ANY scenario that begins or ends with Gaffney as the starting pg is NOT A GOOD SCENARIO!

Reaction Score
Since you could lose a minimum of 2 to possibly 7 players
Its a tad early to predict. In addition to Whaley, and Polley
Cole
Martin
Akok
Sonogo
Jackson
Are all ? I think Martin , and Cole are most probable
Akok is 50-50
Sonogo and Jackson less than 50-50.( these two returning are a must for success next year.
Professional opportunities are critical.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score

Good scenario:

What do you think?
i think it outstandingly realistic, and, in a short 20 months or so, it just may prove to be legend.
A+

Reaction Score
Since you could lose a minimum of 2 to possibly 7 players
Its a tad early to predict. In addition to Whaley, and Polley
Cole
Martin
Akok
Sonogo
Jackson
Are all ? I think Martin , and Cole are most probable
Akok is 50-50
Sonogo and Jackson less than 50-50.( these two returning are a must for success next year.
Professional opportunities are critical.
Are you saying Akok, Sanogo and Jackson have, at best, a 50 percent chance of returning next year?

Reaction Score
Good scenario:

your good scenario is pretty much my worst case scenario and castle is class of '23 not '22

Reaction Score
"even better" is relative. I am still not convinced we are particularly good this year. As it stands right now I will be ecstatic if we make the NCAA tournament. That would be 2 years in a row. Which would be quite the achievement for Hurley and crew.

As far as the question is concerned. I suppose we could be better. A little bit better seems possible. A lot better would mean someone really expands their game. Maybe Jackson just blows up. Maybe Hawkins does. But short of some significant jump by someone or a new freshman is absolutely lights out, we will probably be roughly the same.

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score

Good scenario:

What do you think?
Could have a 6th year redshirt senior Richie Springs providing depth in that front court as well

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom