Is this an even better team next year? | The Boneyard

Is this an even better team next year?

Reaction Score
Hell Yeah Reaction GIF by Bounce

Reaction Score
Agreed. Losing Tyrese shouldn't stop us from being better. No reason to think next year's AJ and Hawk can't be better than this year's AJ and Tyrese on the wings. No reason to think Sanogo doesn't keep improving given what we've seen over the last 15 months. Losing Whalley and Tyler is unfortunate, but young pups ought to be able to step in and fill in.

But losing RJ raises a whole series of question marks.

Reaction Score
The team this year has a lot of potential to be very good. Got to keep getting better and hopefully peak at the right time.

For next year it all depends who stays and who goes. I would imagine we will have guys that leave the program this year to either transfer, because they have graduated, or maybe take a shot at the nba (whether thats right or wrong).

Reaction Score
The pandemic is going to make eligibility so confusing for like the next 4 years. Didn't even know Cole could come back...don't these kids eventually run out of academic credits?

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
As long as we have an experienced PG, yes
On paper right now we go into next year with Gaffney and Diggins and every game will look like the last 3 minutes of last nights game lol. Scary. Ball handling has become an issue for the program and front court depth has become a huge strength, who would have thought?

Reaction Score
On paper right now we go into next year with Gaffney and Diggins and every game will look like the last 3 minutes of last nights game lol. Scary. Ball handling has become an issue for the program and front court depth has become a huge strength, who would have thought?
Why is that the case on paper?

Reaction Score
A scary thought but also one that is highly unlikely. Even if Cole didn't come back, and I think he does, hard to imagine we don't bring in a transfer PG to play with Diggins

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
i don't get this constant 'ballhandling issues' blather.
TURNOVERS
203​
236​
Turnovers per game​
12.7​
14.8​
Turnover margin​
+2.1​
-​
Assist/turnover ratio​
1.2​
0.7​

nothing in the results thus far indicates evidence to support it.
in fact, the entirety of the results thus far, including wins which are the only metric that counts,
https://bigeastconf_ftp.sidearmsports.com/custompages/sports/m-baskbl/2021-2022/uconn.htm
indicate that we are a darn good team.
great gramms likes to say that the world could use sum more gratitude nowadays. and charity, too. smart lady who enjoys almost everything.

UconnU

Reaction Score
Why is that the case on paper?
We’ll be fine, Cole will likely be back for a 6th year and we can always pick up another ball handler on the transfer market. I was just making light of the situation at point. Cole, Hawkins, Jackson, Akok, Sanogo all with another year of experience is a top 10 team though. Future is bright.

UconnU

Reaction Score
i don't get this constant 'ballhandling issues' blather.
TURNOVERS
203​
236​
Turnovers per game​
12.7​
14.8​
Turnover margin​
+2.1​
-​
Assist/turnover ratio​
1.2​
0.7​

nothing in the results thus far indicates evidence to support it.
in fact, the entirety of the results thus far, including wins which are the only metric that counts,
https://bigeastconf_ftp.sidearmsports.com/custompages/sports/m-baskbl/2021-2022/uconn.htm
indicate that we are a darn good team.
great gramms likes to say that the world could use sum more gratitude nowadays. and charity, too. smart lady who enjoys almost everything.
Because Cole is a calming force that plays 35 mins every game and rarely turns the ball over. God forbid if Cole were to get in foul trouble, or worse, I think we would have big problems. Gaffney nor Diggins are even playable at this juncture. We’re definitely a ball handler short.

Reaction Score
On paper right now we go into next yearwill with Gaffney and Diggins and every game will look like the last 3 minutes of last nights game lol. Scary. Ball handling has become an issue for the program and front court depth has become a huge strength, who would have thought?
AJ will be the point guard next year even if RJ comes back. And I expect Johnson to be a major contributor next year.
Jackson
Cole
Hawkins
Akok
Sanogo

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Why just limit yourself to anything? Are you not capable of feeling more than 1 emotion at a time? (Contentment and hope?)
Because sometimes being present in the moment is more rewarding than wondering what is over the horizon.

You’re welcome.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It will be funny when the announcers have to say “Dr. RJ Cole”
Nah, it would be cool beyond words.

Reaction Score
Because sometimes being present in the moment is more rewarding than wondering what is over the horizon.

You’re welcome.
Yes, it is sometimes. Other times it is not, because hope is sweet too. That's why I said you should do both. You're welcome.

Reaction Score
AJ will be the point guard next year even if RJ comes back. And I expect Johnson to be a major contributor next year.
Jackson
Cole
Hawkins
Akok
Sanogo
AJ is not going to be the PG next year no matter what. He can help Cole with dribbling chores and running the offense at times but I don't see his skillset that of a PG. He is more of a do everything type player at this stage and still can't create offense off the dribble yet from what I have seen. His tear drop shot is ugly and him going in for layups doesn't seem intuitive. He does dunk the ball well though. RJ will be our PG next year and I think that is a given. AJ will be our Point F next year similar to how Dham was when here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom