Is this a must win? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Is this a must win?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As stated before our margin is thin. Do we get in with 10 loses? If not we can only afford 2 more. Are we capable of this in this roller-coaster of a season? I don't know but 10 loses would be uncomfortable on selection Sunday.

Reaction Score
If we are looking to move up in the NCAAs and grab a better seeding then yes it is a must win game.
I just don't want to see us either 1) Trail from start to finish. 2) Fall apart for 10-15 minutes int he second half.

I really think we play well when D is our focus- they can not start worrying about scoring points- that's when we dribble around the perimeter for most of the shot clock and have to create something int the last few seconds.

SMU is simply a better offensive team- we however have the ability to be a lock down defensive team. That's the game I would like to watch tonight.

Unfortunately - WE ARE DOOMED!!!!!

Reaction Score
Is it really a must-win in terms of making or breaking our tournament hopes? No, not necessarily. Could end up being that - but so could Maryland, and Cincy, and Temple (x2) for that matter.

Is it a must-win in my mind because I'm sick and tired of the developing status quo that SMU is the powerhouse dominant program in the AAC? (Maybe overreaction from being 1-4 against them so far.)

Yep.

We are the 4-time national champions.
We are the 7-time (actual) BIG EAST champions.
We are the dominant program.

Now let's duck*ing prove it.

Reaction Score
yes.jpg
......otherwise I fear I will lose my mind.

Reaction Score
we dont need to win this game to get into the tourney but we need it for momentum. if we lose that puts us in a tough spot at cinci, especially because the guys will know that the cinci game really is a must win and i dont trust them with their backs up against the wall like that. we dont do well under that type of
pressure

Reaction Score
Winning at SMU 2 weeks from tonight, in what will be their last home game/senior night with no postseason hopes, will be a very daunting task. That would probably take an effort like one we haven't really seen from this team this year, at least not for a whole game. To avoid having to do that, tonight is a must win, yes.

Reaction Score
Not literally a must-win, but like many of the other games that have had "must-win" threads, a loss here severely narrows our path to a bid and to decent seeding.

With 6 games left in the regular season, we need to go 5-1 to feel comfortable and 4-2 to tread water. 3-3 or worse and we might need to win the AACT.

If we lose tonight, that means we need to win at least 1 of @SMU or @Cincy to be safely off the Bubble, neither of which will be easy.

Reaction Score
I'd say it is a must win since we are home. If we win this one we can afford to lose the game at their place. If we lost this one and won at Cincinnati and at SMU I think we would be ok but we'd be sweating it out until we got through those games.
I need us to sweep them to win the AAC. We should be in top two every year. I can not settle for less

Reaction Score
This is the 14th "Is this a must win?" pre game thread we have had, can someone just make sure to repost one every game day now so we can have the same conversation over and over and over and over again.
Post the answer too... "YES! it is a MUST win."

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
A loss will make us very easy to pass over come Selection Sunday. Need to protect the home floor and take advantage of these opportunities!!!

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Those shorts are ugly. They look like horrible bathing suits.

boba

Somewhere around Barstow
Reaction Score
Was that a must win win? Did they know it was a must win and so won?

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Should I just start the "Is this a must win?" thread for Saturday now? To get that out of the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom