is this a good lesson for Bria | The Boneyard

is this a good lesson for Bria

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
going into the Baylor game.

just as she was getting her groove back Geno has her on the pine for last 36 minutes of the game.

is she going to come out on fiyah against Baylor or is she going to clam up?

Reaction Score
Geno and Caroline both said she wasn't feeling well today in their post-game interviews, maybe that was why she was never put back in while the other starters were.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Geno on Bria:

“It couldn’t be performance because she didn’t play,’’ Auriemma said. “She wasn’t healthy at practice yesterday. She didn’t feel good last night at dinner and she wasn’t great this morning at shootaround. So she gave it a shot, and it just didn’t work out.’’

I hope she feels better by Monday night.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Good lesson for Moriah, though. She may be small but she plays with a big heart. Gotta love her toughness.

She is something, isn't she? Already the little general, the way she ran that floor today

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
going into the Baylor game.

just as she was getting her groove back Geno has her on the pine for last 36 minutes of the game.

is she going to come out on fiyah against Baylor or is she going to clam up?
I'd be more worried if she was 100% healthy, but she's been up and down so much health-wise this season. I just hope the kid gets well soon.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Lord knows Bria is going to be sorely needed on Monday. Hope she's ok.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
We will definitely need Bria at 100% on Monday!

Yes if we need to win she needs to be at full strength. We really don't need to win though. A win would be nice but it won't be the end of the world if we lose.
We will almost certainly have to play Notre Dame twice more. I'd rather beat the tar out of them twice than beat Baylor once.

freekimchee

food whisperer
Reaction Score
Yes if we need to win she needs to be at full strength. We really don't need to win though. A win would be nice but it won't be the end of the world if we lose.
We will almost certainly have to play Notre Dame twice more. I'd rather beat the tar out of them twice than beat Baylor once.

I'd rather beat ND twice (or perhaps three times this year) but it'd also be nice to be the #1 overall seed come tourney time and get a 1 vs 4 instead of a 2 vs 3 match up in the FF .

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
What was especially curious was Kara's persistent insistence that Bria was not only pulled (along with KML, Kelly and Caroline) for poor play at the outset of the game but that she was then so deep in Geno's doghouse that she would not re-enter the game.

Well, we know that she didn't participate in the final 36 minutes of the proceedings. But Kara even went on to say that it must be attributable to recent poor practices as well as the flawed start of the Rutgers game. Geno blew this theory out of the water at his post-game presser by stating that she had been out of sorts for the past day or so.

Kara is normally a keen analyst and she was just great on WIIC when paired with Bob Joyce on radio. But now she is in a studio in NYC and perhaps a bit disconnected from Geno and the players.

For whatever reason it now appears that she was mining a very thin lode to harp on Bria's inadequate performance while seemingly being unaware of her delicate physical condition.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
What was especially curious was Kara's persistence insistence that Bria was not only pulled (along with KML, Kelly and Caroline) for poor play at the outset of the game but that she was now so deep in Geno's doghouse that she would not re-enter the game.

Well, we know that she didn't participate in the final 36 minutes of the proceedings. But Kara even went on to say that it must be attributable to recent practices as well as the flawed start of the Rutgers game. Geno blew this theory out of the water at his post-game presser.

Kara is normally a keen analyst and she was just great on WIIC when paired with Bob Joyce on radio. But now she is in a studio in NYC and perhaps a bit disconnected from Geno and the players.

For whatever reason it now appears that she was mining a very thin lode to harp on Bria's inadequate performance while seemingly unaware of her delicate physical condition.

Can't blame Kara too much. Until Geno said Hartley was sick in the post game I didn't read or hear anything about this from any of the media that covers the team.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Boneyard Nasties need to incorporate due diligence and facts into analysis and judgment, a lesson not yet learned.
Reading the latest Bashing of Bria(various threads) makes the BoneYard look like a hanging tree.

On edit

I know this is a message "bored," and posters get to say whatever mods allow, but player parents and recruits most cringe when they read here.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
What was especially curious was Kara's persistent insistence that Bria was not only pulled (along with KML, Kelly and Caroline) for poor play at the outset of the game but that she was then so deep in Geno's doghouse that she would not re-enter the game.

Well, we know that she didn't participate in the final 36 minutes of the proceedings. But Kara even went on to say that it must be attributable to recent poor practices as well as the flawed start of the Rutgers game. Geno blew this theory out of the water at his post-game presser by stating that she had been out of sorts for the past day or so.

For whatever reason it now appears that she was mining a very thin lode to harp on Bria's inadequate performance while seemingly being unaware of her delicate physical condition.
exactly... this is where my opinion came in, everything pointed to Geno pulling them for bad play

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
exactly... this is where my opinion came in, everything pointed to Geno pulling them for bad play

That was your first mistake, DC. Listening to the analysts..lol.

The only thing I thought about it was that there was something more to it. Sitting her after 4 minutes for the rest of the game? No way it was performance based.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
the sideline reporter should have dug deeper... Lobo would have gotten to the bottom of the "Bria benching"

Reaction Score
Sitting her after 4 minutes for the rest of the game? No way it was performance based.

Amen, brother...if anyone doesn't think Bria is a key to tomorrow's game...and the NC in New Orleans...go back and look at her last two games against Baylor.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I know this is a message "bored," and posters get to say whatever mods allow, but player parents and recruits most cringe when they read here.

Permit two comments to reinforce your suggestion about parents reading the Boneyard -- and I am careful to go back beyond any statute of limitations. Some have more current or better stories but these two won't get me in trouble.

Many old-timers recall perhaps the nastiest 'Yarder this side of Knoxville named BBallxxxx, who was an incessant, mean-spirited and annoying critic of Marie Conlon. This became known to many of us that this was distressing to Marie's family. None of this fuss detracted from Marie's magnificent performance (especially in the biggest games) but Boneyarders found a few legitimate ways (thanks, Phil) to bestow praise on her to assuage the family's irritation with that critic.

Separately (2004?) my wife and daughter and I went to California to see the games vs. Pepperdine and USC. It was a family visit as well as a basketball journey for us. Many 'Yarders also made the trip, from Connecticut, elsewhere in California and even other states. There was clearly a need (popular demand?) to identify an eatery/watering hole to meet, so I did due diligence and located a nifty place in Malibu for a little pre-Pepperdine bon homie. In addition to a bunch of Boneyarders, Ann Strother's mother and dad showed up. First comment: "Gee, what a coincidence!" The Strothers' response: "Not a coincidence at all. We readall about it on the Boneyard!" (quickly adding a "Pssst! Don't tell anyone!")

You think parents don't read this stuff? Some do, but with a "Pssst! Don't tell anyone." I don't blame them.

Reaction Score
I thought at first Geno may have been sitting Bria for her play. But then I saw Rosie Ragle check on her several times during timeouts, indicating she wasn't feeling well.

Reaction Score
Boneyard Nasties need to incorporate due diligence and facts into analysis and judgment, a lesson not yet learned.
Reading the latest Bashing of Bria(various threads) makes the BoneYard look like a hanging tree.

On edit

If you don't want to be under a magnifying glass and take undue criticism... go play at Alcorn State. This is UCONN, parents and recruits should toughen up along with the players.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
If you don't want to be under a magnifying glass and take undue criticism... go play at Alcorn State. This is UCONN, parents and recruits should toughen up along with the players.
doesnt mean that its ok to be mean and nasty... or critial about every lil thing they do (or dont do)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom