Is there any recruiting loss that would bother you? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Is there any recruiting loss that would bother you?

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
This suxs. Site visits are down because UConn football has had six losing seasons and Mens BB is floundering. CRA euphoria also provided an unsustainable boost that would terribly skew the year over year site visitor activity down. Locking threads kills conversation and will actually reduce participation. So many things to be discussed just aren't worth a new thread.

Bottomline, this is one way to ruin a board and reduce participation, not increase visits and participation.

I take the opposite approach. I dont read all the new threads. Many I ignore and I imagine others will feel the same.

Until this moment this has been the best moderated message board I participate in. Perfectly moderated. Arguments are permitted, the mods understand sarcasm and drifting of the thread conversation is tolerated.

Wrong.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Buster Olney just tweeted out the Dickens article lol. Welp, looks like we'll be finding ourselves in the news today for all the wrong reasons

Of course a baseball guy did....

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
I'd be okay with offering Dave Wingett a scholarship to play football

Reaction Score
So two thoughts.

1. As I said earlier, this sucks that this happens. I was happier when Hathaway told P he had to honor Edsall's offers if he wanted the job. That, to me, is the right thing to do. But this is well within NCAA rules -- not just the letter but the spirit -- and I feel bad and wish the rules were different without being worked up about it. If he had gotten a UVA offer next week, UConn never had an assurance he wouldn't take it.

2. The more damning piece of the article is that Edsall told him on New Years that there was still a place for him. That, if true, would bother me more. But that was not how Edsall played the game his first go round here, and I would point out to all that we have only heard one side of the story (and will never hear the other side). It's quite possible Edsall told them nicely not to panic, he'd look at the film and the class and was still considering the young man, and they heard what they wanted to hear.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
I would hate to lose Omar Fortt. Kid looks like a player, and having a stout secondary was such a huge piece of Edsall's previous success.

Reaction Score
I would hate to lose Omar Fortt. Kid looks like a player, and having a stout secondary was such a huge piece of Edsall's previous success.
I believe he is already signed because he is enrolling early and is already at school.

Reaction Score
I think that Swenson is the most important guy to keep on. Looks like a player, and plenty of other coaching staffs agreed with that assessment.

Second would be Swann, just on a gut feeling that he's the type of athlete that Edsall used to take advantage of in his prior stint here (not ideal size, but athletic with good ball skills). Looks to have potential as a punt returner as well.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I only wanna keep McAfee because we need bodies at the QB position. He looks like he has some talent and if DW flounders we are in deep crap.

I like Swenson too.

Reaction Score
I only wanna keep McAfee because we need bodies at the QB position. He looks like he has some talent and if DW flounders we are in deep crap.

I like Swenson too.

If they lose McAfee because they have another QB whom they want to bring in, I'm fine with that. If we lose him without bringing in someone we want more -- ugh.

Reaction Score
If they lose McAfee because they have another QB whom they want to bring in, I'm fine with that. If we lose him without bringing in someone we want more -- ugh.
That is a unaffordable loss BL. IMHO you may see Bisack end up transferring. He is a pro-style QB who really doesn't fit Lashlee's Spread/read option offense.

Reaction Score
That is a unaffordable loss BL. IMHO you may see Bisack end up transferring. He is a pro-style QB who really doesn't fit Lashlee's Spread/read option offense.

Agree as to Bisack. The only question is whether, as an in state walk on, he is willing to interrupt his education to make an attempt to get on the field somewhere else.

On McAfee, if he's any good, and he sees that we are bringing in someone who Lashlee recruited while at Auburn to play a system that Lashlee thinks the new guy will be better at, I don't see how you get him to stay. Just the way it is.

I'm confident that Lashlee didn't take this job without some idea of where he was going to get a QB from for this season. We're just going to have to let this play out.

Reaction Score
Agree as to Bisack. The only question is whether, as an in state walk on, he is willing to interrupt his education to make an attempt to get on the field somewhere else.

On McAfee, if he's any good, and he sees that we are bringing in someone who Lashlee recruited while at Auburn to play a system that Lashlee thinks the new guy will be better at, I don't see how you get him to stay. Just the way it is.

I'm confident that Lashlee didn't take this job without some idea of where he was going to get a QB from for this season. We're just going to have to let this play out.
If Lashlee brings in another QB then the loss of McAfee isn't so bad...if he brings in a JUCO or 5th Yr transfer like JFIII and sets his sights on a kid for next season then that's ok as well. As long as we bring in a QB this season.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
It would just be nice to start getting some new verbals amongst all of these decommits

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
So two thoughts.

1. As I said earlier, this sucks that this happens. I was happier when Hathaway told P he had to honor Edsall's offers if he wanted the job. That, to me, is the right thing to do. But this is well within NCAA rules -- not just the letter but the spirit -- and I feel bad and wish the rules were different without being worked up about it. If he had gotten a UVA offer next week, UConn never had an assurance he wouldn't take it.

2. The more damning piece of the article is that Edsall told him on New Years that there was still a place for him. That, if true, would bother me more. But that was not how Edsall played the game his first go round here, and I would point out to all that we have only heard one side of the story (and will never hear the other side). It's quite possible Edsall told them nicely not to panic, he'd look at the film and the class and was still considering the young man, and they heard what they wanted to hear.

The big problem is we are hearing only one side of the story and don't know what was said on the phone between HCRE and the recruit. We will never know both sides as HCRE won't ever talk about this.

I wish the young man good luck.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom