Is there any recruiting loss that would bother you? | The Boneyard

Is there any recruiting loss that would bother you?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I was thinking about it today with the recent decommits...two of them I didn't even remember who they were until I went to their Hudl, and it made me ask myself if there was a single recruit in this class that I'd be really upset about losing. I know a lot of folks like McAfee, but we also tend to love every new QB. It says a lot that there isn't a single recruit that I'd think twice about if they decommitted.

Reaction Score
Not if we are replacing them with players recruited by other actual Division 1 programs!

Reaction Score
We can't afford to lose any 6'6" 255 pound TE/DE/LB prospects that are a bit slow-footed. You can beef these guys up and put them on the offensive line, or slim them down and put them at LB. A truly versatile type of recruit that should be the life blood of any program.

Reaction Score
All kidding aside, it's become beyond rediculous locking the threads.

Enough already. Wanted to get this in before big brother locked this one.

Now that I think about it, with the BB board getting locked down and now here, one would think UConn admin is putting heat on.

No other explanation covers it. These threads aren't mega or mean so I don't get it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
All kidding aside, it's become beyond rediculous locking the threads.

Enough already. Wanted to get this in before big brother locked this one.

Now that I think about it, with the BB board getting locked down and now here, one would think UConn admin is putting heat on.

No other explanation covers it. These threads aren't mega or mean so I don't get it.

Check out the CR board. It's hilarious.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Wow, what a joke. Tom or Fishy care to weigh in?

They can tell me if I'm wrong but I imagine it's pretty simple. The men's basketball board is the high traffic board and when they are terrible the thread views are way down. Since the thread views drive the revenue... this is an attempt to increase the views because old threads get fewer views than new threads.

I was blown away after the Georgetown game that there were almost no posts about the game. Combine that with the death of Conference Realignment and you've got to try and do something I guess.

Reaction Score
They can tell me if I'm wrong but I imagine it's pretty simple. The men's basketball board is the high traffic board and when they are terrible the thread views are way down. Since the thread views drive the revenue... this is an attempt to increase the views because old threads get fewer views than new threads.

I was blown away after the Georgetown game that there were almost no posts about the game. Combine that with the death of Conference Realignment and you've got to try and do something I guess.

Close the chat room during BB games and watch what happens.

They get all talked out and don't start new threads.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Close the chat room during BB games and watch what happens.

They get all talked out and don't start new threads.

Amen.

I wandered into the chat room for the first time a couple of weeks ago because nobody was chatting in the threads. Game threads are lucky to make it to the third page now. And God forbid you try to start the "UUUUU!" Thread because you might not make it to "NNNN!"

Kill the chat room please, and give us more than 7 days to get recruit info (from Medic, of course)...

Reaction Score
A Boneyard revolution is brewing
It's all part of Tom and Fishy's plan to Make the Boneyard Great Again! They've both been twittering and jamming up traffic on 5th Ave a lot lately... and has anyone ever seen Tom or Fishy and President Elect Donald in the same room at the same time? Didn't think so.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
This suxs. Site visits are down because UConn football has had six losing seasons and Mens BB is floundering. CRA euphoria also provided an unsustainable boost that would terribly skew the year over year site visitor activity down. Locking threads kills conversation and will actually reduce participation. So many things to be discussed just aren't worth a new thread.

Bottomline, this is one way to ruin a board and reduce participation, not increase visits and participation.

I take the opposite approach. I dont read all the new threads. Many I ignore and I imagine others will feel the same.

Until this moment this has been the best moderated message board I participate in. Perfectly moderated. Arguments are permitted, the mods understand sarcasm and drifting of the thread conversation is tolerated.

Last edited:

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
This suxs. Site visits are down because UConn football has had six losing seasons and Mens BB is floundering. CRA euphoria also provided an unsustainable boost that would terribly skew the year over year site visitor activity down. Locking threads kills conversation and will actually reduce participation. So many things to be discussed just aren't worth a new thread.

Bottomline, this is one way to ruin a board and reduce participation, not increase visits and participation.

I take the opposite approach. I dont read all the new threads. Mamny I ignore and I imagine others will feel the same.

Until this moment this has been the best moderated message board I participate in. Perfectly moderated. Arguments are permitted, the mods understand sarcasm and drifting of the thread conversation is tolerated.

Exactly. If a thread has 18 pages of comments, chances are that it's a decent thread...I'm more likely to check it out. also, OT but I can't get into the Ryan Dickens thread to post this...he liked coach brown's tweet about it being terrible that new coaches rescind scholarship offers.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
ugh so now what? we have to create a new Ryan Dickens thread to discuss the new article that came out? Im shocked the 2017 recruiting board hasn't been locked-that has info on it from 2 years ago

UConn reneges on scholarship offer, ditches N.J. football recruit in 11th hour

And people get fired from work... it happens you sulk and you get back on the horse. The way they are writing this story they are making it sound like they broke the kids legs... He was clearly a fringe D-1 player that got an offer from a terrible coaching staff... You'd never see this story about a 4 star kid... I doubt you'd see it about most 3 star kids. Again, unfortunate but not the end of the world.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
And people get fired from work... it happens you sulk and you get back on the horse. The way they are writing this story they are making it sound like they broke the kids legs... He was clearly a fringe D-1 player that got an offer from a terrible coaching staff... You'd never see this story about a 4 star kid... I doubt you'd see it about most 3 star kids. Again, unfortunate but not the end of the world.

Agreed this is Diaco's fault for putting the new staff in these positions but Edsall is playing with fire.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
ugh so now what? we have to create a new Ryan Dickens thread to discuss the new article that came out? Im shocked the 2017 recruiting board hasn't been locked-that has info on it from 2 years ago

UConn reneges on scholarship offer, ditches N.J. football recruit in 11th hour

ah crap, i just started a thread on this...now things are getting so disorganized lol. In any case, I do feel bad for the kid and it's unfair that Edsall suggested his scholarship was safe only to pull it weeks later.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Buster Olney just tweeted out the Dickens article lol. Welp, looks like we'll be finding ourselves in the news today for all the wrong reasons

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom