Is there a grad transfer right under our noses? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Is there a grad transfer right under our noses?

Reaction Score
So not to mix up a Lou once a husky always a husky I would say we go with Pezz.
That's thinking outside the dispenser!
1648741796027.png

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Didn't know Brunelle was in the portal until I read YOUR post. She's been a reserve most of the time she's been there. She HAS NOT gotten much playing time for someone so highly touted coming out of high school. Like I said.........................PLAYERS WANT TO PLAY. With all of the incoming talent next year, she doesn't figure to move up the depth chart either. She'll find a program that suits her needs and wants. I'm surprised she didn't leave last year.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Saw a story where the coach said that he felt his team felt entitled when they haven’t even achieved anything yet.
SMH

Carnac

Reaction Score
What?!? :eek: It appears there's trouble and unrest in the kingdom.

Reaction Score
Two transfer/personnel observations:

1. Amazed by sheer size of both Stanford & South Carolina rosters. Can see Stanford more given brand education/degree value, but Dawn carries 16 (!) players;

2. I wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss accomplished players from lesser conferences when considering transfer portal additions. Raina Perez made a huge impact for NC State as an undersized, unathletic G coming from Northern Arizona. Similarly undersized & athletically limited Katie Benzan has helped Maryland from Harvard, etc.;

3. Geno doesn’t need impact starter(s)— just seasoned complementary rotation piece(s) that add experience & leadership on/off court, a la Evina Westbrook.

Reaction Score
Two transfer/personnel observations:

1. Amazed by sheer size of both Stanford & South Carolina rosters. Can see Stanford more given brand education/degree value, but Dawn carries 16 (!) players;

2. I wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss accomplished players from lesser conferences when considering transfer portal additions. Raina Perez made a huge impact for NC State as an undersized, unathletic G coming from Northern Arizona. Similarly undersized & athletically limited Katie Benzan has helped Maryland from Harvard, etc.;

3. Geno doesn’t need impact starter(s)— just seasoned complementary rotation piece(s) that add experience & leadership on/off court, a la Evina Westbrook.
In this crazy year, Evina started 15 games, which is tied for fifth on the team with Azzi and Dorka. Nine Huskies had double digit starts, and only three had more than 20 starts: CW [31], ONO [29], and AE [24]. Only Evina and AE played in all 34 games.

It would appear that Geno needs someone with the skill set to start, but has the mentallity to provide a spark off the bench, works hard every day, and blends well on and off the court - just like every woman on the team right now.....

Also sounds like a healthy AG, may she heal completely from her back injury/surgery. Hopefully, we will have good news from her this summer along with AP & "Ice" coming into the fold.

Reaction Score
I'm thinking that if there are needs for any team, there should be a number of potential answers available in the portal..
The numbers are beginning to rival the pace and extent of the national debt..

MdStang

Greetings From Geezerville
Reaction Score
Just saw another interesting name in the portal - Ashley Ducharme, 6'1" G/F grad transfer from Brown. Would add depth at guard and wing and most importantly team sisterhood.

Reaction Score
I think Geno should look at Aeronnette Vonleh from Arizona, who is now in the portal. She really impressed me in the few minutes she played for Coach Barnes. I think Geno et al could turn her Into an All-American! She is 6’3” and is built like Morrow from DePaul!

Reaction Score
I think Geno should look at Aeronnette Vonleh from Arizona, who is now in the portal. She really impressed me in the few minutes she played for Coach Barnes. I think Geno et al could turn her Into an All-American! She is 6’3” and is built like Morrow from DePaul!
How about Ra Shaya Kyle from Purdue? Good rebounder and hits her layups. A true "big" at 6'6". I would go after her and Meyers at this point. But, who knows who else enters the portal.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
… Also has pro pedigree. Her brother Noah plays in NBA, like Piath’s brother Wenyan & soon Aubrey’s brother A.J., starring for Duke in MFF tonight.

Adia Barnes critical Portal comments on Sue/D show, echoing same from each FF coach in their pregame MM pressers.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Just saw another interesting name in the portal - Ashley Ducharme, 6'1" G/F grad transfer from Brown. Would add depth at guard and wing and most importantly team sisterhood.

Ashley doesn't play much for Brown (3.9 ppg), which is a really weak team (6-20). My guess is that Caroline is a far superior player.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I'm thinking that if there are needs for any team, there should be a number of potential answers available in the portal..
The numbers are beginning to rival the pace and extent of the national debt..

Is the Portal Interface like Tinder? :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I have more sympathy or consideration for Ivy League kids whose eligibility has expired from that league & therefore have to move elsewhere to convert their remaining NCAA eligibility.

Reaction Score
I would love a solid 6'5" player that can come in and help out. Hopefully DeBerry will be able to play more minutes next year and be a presences inside.... but additional support for Dorka and Edwards would be nice... and Paith has shown some huge growth, but then she disappears... like not even with the team in Bridgeport... what is that all about.... Another big would make me feel better

Between Paige, Azzi, Carolina, and Nika we have four solid guards, that can play multiple positions...

Hell; one of of each... I am not greedy....

Reaction Score
I would love a solid 6'5" player that can come in and help out. Hopefully DeBerry will be able to play more minutes next year and be a presences inside.... but additional support for Dorka and Edwards would be nice... and Paith has shown some huge growth, but then she disappears... like not even with the team in Bridgeport... what is that all about.... Another big would make me feel better

Between Paige, Azzi, Carolina, and Nika we have four solid guards, that can play multiple positions...

Hell; one of of each... I am not greedy....
Don’t count on DeBerry down low she doesn’t appear to enjoy the rough play down low more likely to float up high for a long jumper.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom