Is there a difference between the blue white scrimmage and first night? | The Boneyard

Is there a difference between the blue white scrimmage and first night?

Reaction Score
If you're a basketball fan go to the scrimmage. First Night is just a hype up event for students and casuals.
Plus First Night includes the women's team which I don't really need to see. I think the Blue-White scrimmage is a better product if you're interested in how the team and players look. They're just 2 totally different products.

Reaction Score
I remember when they would do the Blue/White Scrimmage every year at the Civic Center in the 90’s. They would also have kids under 12 participate in a little basketball clinic with the coaches and players before the scrimmage started. I remember because my parents would always take me to this, and as a 6 year old I remember being so excited at the simple fact Doron Sheffer passed me the basketball. Good times for sure.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
First Night will have you pumped for the season to start, it’s like a high school pep rally. Gonna be 10k people, in a closed space, celebrating a championship in unison.

The Blue/White night, as people have mentioned, is purely basketball. I’m sure Hurley will give us a short speech/thank you for supporting the program and coming out like he did at the open practice.

Both events will be fun for people who frequent this board. But tickets are sold out for First Night, so get tickets for the Blue/White if they’re still available asap.

Reaction Score
I'm actually going to First Night this year. I've never been ever, so I figured wtf, I really do want to get my basketball jam on sooner rather than later. I know it's just entertainment. Going with three others who have never been.
Then I just got 4 tickets to the open practice/blue /white scrimmage for the 25th and I'm going to that too.
It's going to be a very tough but good season this year, and I'm going to enjoy every minute of it. Bleed Blue!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom