Is The B.E. The Likely Final Landing Spot? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Is The B.E. The Likely Final Landing Spot?

Reaction Score
I think we've given up on getting an invite to the current P5. In my opinion, UConn is saying:
  • the AAC will never be treated as a "P6" so we may as well associate with a better basketball conference where we have some traditional and closer opponents;
  • the AAC is a tenuous home, because while it has been getting better (football and basketball), we think the next round of realignment will poach the top AAC teams, and we're not one of them; and/or
  • we will never be able to hang with the AAC in football and the BE is a better fit overall.
It's hard to imagine that we think the move to the BE will get us to the ACC, B1G or Big12. There is a chance that the P5 further marginalizes everyone not in the P5 (including the BE), but decides to give the AAC a seat. This may be the best move possible for UConn, but it's capitulation, not victory.
I think Uconn is really saying the new AAC deal sucks and its worth it to seek a new conference.

Reaction Score
I would not be surprised if other mediocre programs scrap football in the coming years. Getting too costly to complete with the SEC and cheaters in the Big.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
You're what's wrong with UConn
Crotchety fans like you are the backbone of this great state. You and Butch are doing god’s work. Keep it coming.

Reaction Score
Crotchety fans like you are the backbone of this great state. You and Butch are doing god’s work. Keep it coming.
I like a fully-rounded big time athletic department. Apparently you don't.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I like a fully-rounded big time athletic department. Apparently you don't.
Didn’t realize that making a fool of yourself on the boneyard was a prerequisite of wanting a decent football program.

Reaction Score
Maybe the CTE issue will kill football and basketball will become king.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom