Is RU in deep trouble with The BIG 10?..... | The Boneyard

Is RU in deep trouble with The BIG 10?.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We just arrived in State College, PA for the Penn State and RU night game on Sat. night and the talk around here is RU is not well liked and they bring nothing to the BIG 10 other than a bad name............I am having dinner tonight with my Penn State buddies and I am sure RU will come up tonight...........UCONN would be an awesome choice for the BIG 10 not RU.............RU returned back 2500 of their 5000 ticket allotment...SAD!!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
We just arrived in State College, PA for the Penn State and RU night game on Sat. night and the talk around here is RU is not well liked and they bring nothing to the BIG 10 other than a bad name..I am having dinner tonight with my Penn State buddies and I am sure RU will come up tonight......UCONN would be an awesome choice for the BIG 10 not RU...RU returned back 2500 of their 5000 ticket allotment...SAD!!!
While I like hearing that, I doubt very much that the B1G would ever consider booting RU. In fact, that may bode ill for UCONN since we are an east coast public university just like RU. I think the Presidents of the B1G are much smarter than that, but public perception can't help.

Then again, what do I know? I thought for sure that UCONN would be in a different conference by now...

Reaction Score
ME 2....stay tuned!!...I wish RU well and all the troubles are in the rear view mirror

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
No, Ru was rife with scandals as they were entering the B10, there was a lot of drek after, everything is spiking horrendously high at this point, and more horrible stuff will emerge from the swamplands of NJ's major public university in the future. If you ever lived and worked for a long time in NJ, you would never expect anything else.

And no, after the B10 did such a poor job of inspecting the RU product before it was allowed into the B10's hallowed grounds, they will have given UConn an extra thorough inspection already. And alas, they have found that a UConn assistant once improperly arranged a visit to ESPN, and that is much much worse than throwing basketballs at players' heads, or getting football players grades changed, or any of the multitude of thievery and assaults against women that the football players have been up to in their spare time recently. Maybe next time RU won't picked a controversy-plagued UTenn official as AD, but Herman has certainly helped to keep the school in the news.

But as for UConn, we are dooooooooooooooooooooooomed!!!!

Reaction Score
Has any team been thrown out of their league for similar transgressions?

Reaction Score
If Penn State wasn't, there is no way in hell Rutgers would be thrown out. Rutgers brings its research dollars, AAU status, and NYC eyeballs for cable to the table if nothing else.

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
Rutgers brings its research dollars, AAU status, and NYC eyeballs for cable to the table if nothing else.

And, everyone B1G school wants them for their homecoming game opponent.
images

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
No, but there have been teams that have not been invited along to the B12 because of their past transgressions in the old Southwest conference, and as mr.ed4ourgirls states, maybe they are better off in a conference like the AAC that doesn't put yourself in a situation where your coaches are throwing things at the heads of players to get into the B10 and its soon to "go poof" pile of cable dollars.

I thought we sent our kids to college to have good stuff put in their heads, and not to have their heads whacked silly by athletic equipment or having them "throw her to the concrete, injuring her hip, palms and the left side of her head, according to the court complaint." Why do UConn fans want a football team whose players do things like this? I'll be glad instead for a team that can win a few games and has a sparkling all-time record against ND.

Reaction Score
Big 10 also wanted Rutgers because New Jersey is a hot recruiting area for football.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
While I like hearing that, I doubt very much that the B1G would ever consider booting RU. In fact, that may bode ill for UCONN since we are an east coast public university just like RU. I think the Presidents of the B1G are much smarter than that, but public perception can't help.

Then again, what do I know? I thought for sure that UCONN would be in a different conference by now...
It has nothing to do with them being an East Coast public university. The issues are related to their current personae as a university with seven players arrested and their coach suspended for wrong contact with a faculty member pressuring them.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It has nothing to do with them being an East Coast public university. The issues are related to their current personae as a university with seven players arrested and their coach suspended for wrong contact with a faculty member pressuring them.
I was talking about perception, not reality. And... look at the disaster in the men's hoops program under Calhoun late in his career. And the mess caused by the hiring of Pasqualoni on the football side. Of course UCONN seems to have righted the ship, but it's not been all roses for the program the past 5 years.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
We just arrived in State College, PA for the Penn State and RU night game on Sat. night and the talk around here is RU is not well liked and they bring nothing to the BIG 10 other than a bad name..I am having dinner tonight with my Penn State buddies and I am sure RU will come up tonight......UCONN would be an awesome choice for the BIG 10 not RU...RU returned back 2500 of their 5000 ticket allotment...SAD!!!

Penn State doesn't have much room to talk.

Reaction Score
Check Ohio States history. Penn State fans have short memories. They forgot about Joe Pa and the sex abuse scandal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom